[EU] Champions League 06/07 (12 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
milan lost the game when gatusso went off, they lost hold in midfield and had no cover. this left tehm defending deeper and kaka isolated up front

if ethy had held on to the half time score i would have been v-rich

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I have to disagree here, Ahmed...

I have to say that their football is the most entertaining lastly...

All what we saw today from Milan was shy counter attacks by Kaka alone, and without him, we wouldn't have seen Van der Sar at all for the 90 minutes...
I hate English football to an extent that I can't describe. Running, running with no brains.

By the way, the word "entertainment" differs from one person to another. To me, entertainment means tactics then tactics and then comes skills.

Milan lost today because as usual Ancelotti failed to control the second half, the same thing happened 2 years ago against Liverpool in the CL final and happened again against Bayern Munich lately in San Siro. If it's happened that Milan wins, it 'll be all related to the experience of their international experienced players.

As a wise man said, the first half is the half of the players and the second one is the half of the coaches.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Very true Boz.

However, Milan did play great game, It's normal man utd to enter second half attacking from the beginning, It's normal to see Milan defending. However, I think 2-2 is pretty similar to 3-2, Milan attacking in San Siro sounds better than defending.

Milan's weakest player tonight were Seedorf and Pirlo. Nesta and Kaka were outstanding.

If Kaka managed to score one of the two great chances he had, he would have killed the game, anyway, thats not a problem, we all know Milan in San Siro.

Hopefully they'll qualify

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have to disagree here, Ahmed...

I have to say that their football is the most entertaining lastly...

All what we saw today from Milan was shy counter attacks by Kaka alone, and without him, we wouldn't have seen Van der Sar at all for the 90 minutes...
Yeah right. It's really entertaining watch Liverpool and Chelsea battle it out in Europe for four matches with about four shots and one goal that should have not even stood. I'm so looking forward to seeing an all English final...

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
@Rab, I agree with you, but there are two points. The first one is Seedorf, he was controlling Milan's pace when he received the ball plus he defended well, he missed lots of easy passes though. The second point is Pirlo, this is Pirlo as we all know, his first mission is to distribute the ball both left and right and also behind the back line of the opposition and shares in defending, I think he played a decent game today, he made three critical long passes too.

Anyhow, I think that Milan's worst player tonight was Gilardino.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I was just having the same convo with my friend on the phone. Since Gattuso went off Milan midfield lost there way a bit. That Brocchi was a headless chicken. Was it his mistake which led to the Man utd 3rd goal. either way its set up another cracker of a game next week.

metalhead

Sep 23, 2005
Yeah right. It's really entertaining watch Liverpool and Chelsea battle it out in Europe for four matches with about four shots and one goal that should have not even stood. I'm so looking forward to seeing an all English final...
I think I would be sleeping early if that happened this year

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
@Rab, I agree with you, but there are two points. The first one is Seedorf, he was controlling Milan's pace when he received the ball plus he defended well, he missed lots of easy passes though. The second point is Pirlo, this is Pirlo as we all know, his first mission is to distribute the ball both left and right and also behind the back line of the opposition and shares in defending, I think he played a decent game today, he made three critical long passes too.

Anyhow, I think that Milan's worst player tonight was Gilardino.
I don't think Gila was the worst player, he just didn't recieve any ball/chance to take it. no header no pass in the penalty box nothing, thats why I think Seedor who was really slow today and could have crossed couple or more balls from the side he was playing. Instead he was killing the game.

About Pirlo, your right he's most of the times like this, but he was just not the same Pirlo, he looked poor to me and very tired.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I don't think Gila was the worst player, he just didn't recieve any ball/chance to take it. no header no pass in the penalty box nothing, thats why I think Seedor who was really slow today and could have crossed couple or more balls from the side he was playing. Instead he was killing the game.

About Pirlo, your right he's most of the times like this, but he was just not the same Pirlo, he looked poor to me and very tired.
Anyways, I think that it was a tactical error from Ancelotti to depend on Gilardino as a lone forward, Gilardino fits more with the presence of another attacker with him. Actually, Milan choices for the front line are so limited this season especially in Europe, however, it was better if Ancelotti placed Inzaghi, who despite his age, always runs and creates spaces for his teammates.

Generally as Bozi said earlier, the match turning point was the substitution of Gattuso. Hope he'll be fit to play the 2nd leg.

Enjoy your night, Rab. :pint:

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Gilardino did exactly what was asked of him, be a reference point. Gilardino was there to keep Brown and Heinze busy so that Kaka and Seedorf could make runs into the penalty area, like we saw in the second milan goal.
Gilardino was supposed to do nothing else, he gets the ball, holds it up, passes it, or gets fouled winning a freekick for Pirlo.

FFS, the worst thing about Milan's defeat is hearing m elyyan brag about manure.:wallbang:
is he a manure fan as well now?

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Anyways, I think that it was a tactical error from Ancelotti to depend on Gilardino as a lone forward, Gilardino fits more with the presence of another attacker with him. Actually, Milan choices for the front line are so limited this season especially in Europe, however, it was better if Ancelotti placed Inzaghi, who despite his age, always runs and creates spaces for his teammates.

Generally as Bozi said earlier, the match turning point was the substitution of Gattuso. Hope he'll be fit to play the 2nd leg.

Enjoy your night, Rab. :pint:
inzaghi was injured i think, or else he would have started with him

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
i want chelsea or liverpool to win the champions league cause in malta there are too many pompous milan and man utd fans around, and they would bug the balls off of me with how good their teams are

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
i want chelsea or liverpool to win the champions league cause in malta there are too many pompous milan and man utd fans around, and they would bug the balls off of me with how good their teams are
You have no idea how big the epl is in RSA.Every 2nd person either supports manure,pool,arsenal or chelsea.its just sickening,i feel like punching evry turd i see cause i know more about their supposed teams history than they do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)