[EU] Champions League 06/07 (1 Viewer)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
You have no idea how big the epl is in RSA.Every 2nd person either supports manure,pool,arsenal or chelsea.its just sickening,i feel like punching evry turd i see cause i know more about their supposed teams history than they do.
in malta most people that support the EPL support utd. But then there are a few that support pool, arsenal and spurs. We also have a few newcastle fans but they are a small number

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Dida made 1 mistake in the whole match, the first goal, i dont see why you are complaining about his performance like a bitch
Dida cocked up big time for the third goal. Nesta owned Rooney the most of the night, and in tune with the rest of night, he gave Rooney just one angle to shoot. And Dida being a master choker that he is, somehow couldnt read such splendid defending and found himself in no man's land. Dida got some of the worst footwork I have seen from a GK. I would be seriously pissed if Secco do Buffon - Dida exchange at the end season.

Milan is far talented team. They pretty much toyed ManUre until 65mins. Having watched them numerous times this year, Milan has a tendency to give legs after that minute. And so it happened. I can't see them beating inferior opposition because too many of their stars have heart but not legs at this stage of career.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
@Rab, I agree with you, but there are two points. The first one is Seedorf, he was controlling Milan's pace when he received the ball plus he defended well, he missed lots of easy passes though. The second point is Pirlo, this is Pirlo as we all know, his first mission is to distribute the ball both left and right and also behind the back line of the opposition and shares in defending, I think he played a decent game today, he made three critical long passes too.

Anyhow, I think that Milan's worst player tonight was Gilardino.
Pirlo for was poor. As talented he is on the ball, man he is one bad defender. After Rino went out, ManUre were threading the ball to their attackers as if Milan mid never existed. But Gila :disagree: . I still bits of his game that makes him look top class poacher, but at this moment, he looks heavy footed. He just can't make that anticipation movement to pull away from defenders. I can't tell whether he lost the "feel" or rather just going through bad patch of form (all players have their downturns lets not forget), but Gila is definetely reacting to passes. But you can't beat Dida for the worst player IMO. Had Buffon been in Milan goal, we might be seeing 2-0, instead of 3-2.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Dida cocked up big time for the third goal. Nesta owned Rooney the most of the night, and in tune with the rest of night, he gave Rooney just one angle to shoot. And Dida being a master choker that he is, somehow couldnt read such splendid defending and found himself in no man's land. Dida got some of the worst footwork I have seen from a GK. I would be seriously pissed if Secco do Buffon - Dida exchange at the end season.

Milan is far talented team. They pretty much toyed ManUre until 65mins. Having watched them numerous times this year, Milan has a tendency to give legs after that minute. And so it happened. I can't see them beating inferior opposition because too many of their stars have heart but not legs at this stage of career.
Agreed. +rep

Pirlo for was poor. As talented he is on the ball, man he is one bad defender. After Rino went out, ManUre were threading the ball to their attackers as if Milan mid never existed. But Gila :disagree: . I still bits of his game that makes him look top class poacher, but at this moment, he looks heavy footed. He just can't make that anticipation movement to pull away from defenders. I can't tell whether he lost the "feel" or rather just going through bad patch of form (all players have their downturns lets not forget), but Gila is definetely reacting to passes. But you can't beat Dida for the worst player IMO. Had Buffon been in Milan goal, we might be seeing 2-0, instead of 3-2.
And I'm saying the same, who did say that Pirlo could make a better defender, he is a ball distributer and shares in defending according to a match situation. As for Gilardino, I think that he is a little bit overrated, he can play better in 4-4-2 nevertheless.

Regarding Dida, you're absolutely true, he should be crowned the worst player of the match, my mistake.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
in your face :faq1:

I can't stand when Juve fans cheer for Milan or any other Italian club :mad:

you want them get stronger and stronger against us next seasons?? I prefer them suffering which will give us advantage :stuckup:
+rep

It is ok if an Italian juventino/a cheers for Milan. Afterall Milan is presenting his/her country in Europe. It is also ok if someone hates Manchester United so he's not so much interested in Milan winning but he likes ManUre to lose and it's the same to him who will beat ManUre. But it's shocking to hear Berlusconi asking for our scudetti last summer, Galliani asking for our scudetto now, all Milan fans hating us more than any other team in the world, calling us cheaters all the time, and someone here says FORZAAAA MILAN.
Not only today but he says forza Milan when they play against Bayern, he says forza Milan when they play against Celtic or anyone else.

Feel free to say forza Milan again. Wish Milan to win champions league. That way not only they will buy Ronaldinho Zambrotta or Lampard but they can add Buffon to their team.
What do you care if Milan becomes the strongest team in the world. They will beat Inter, that's what counts, right ? Who cares if they will kick our butts.

Ouh, and don't forget to go here
www.milanmania.com
and keep saying forza Milan with your buddies over and over again

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
TBH it's not about cheering for Milan I think, everyone just detests Man U. As for the game, obvious turning point was Gattuso's injury IMO.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Agreed. +rep

And I'm saying the same, who did say that Pirlo could make a better defender, he is a ball distributer and shares in defending according to a match situation. As for Gilardino, I think that he is a little bit overrated, he can play better in 4-4-2 nevertheless.

Regarding Dida, you're absolutely true, he should be crowned the worst player of the match, my mistake.
Fro Gila, I still like to think he is just going through that rough patch of spell, as all players do in their career. I have no doubt his biggest problem at this moment is that he is finding how to peel away from his defender. He is not reading the plays quick enough. There was a play in 65mins against ManU where Milan moved the ball exceptional well, and isolate Brown with Gila. If he read the situation a fraction second quicker and chanelled his run across, then he could have had one on one chance with Van der Saar. But such is his form, that he moved after the pass was threaded through and by that time, even a mediocre defender like Brown was able to read the situation and cut the pass. Anyway, there is no denying that his overall production has gown down last two years.

I have a suspicion that we might make a player exchange deal with Milan involving Dida and Buffon, and buy a youngster as a future insurance. If that ever happens, I shall rip my computer into pieces. Dida can be awesome in his day, but I his cocks up are just too hard to take. They are so fundamental that even incompetent fool like Zach realises them too.

Anyway, I can't see Milan winning this tie unless they get early goal in the second leg. Its pity because Milan in their prime could blow this ManU team away, bar their traditional mind-lapses.:D

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
+rep

It is ok if an Italian juventino/a cheers for Milan. Afterall Milan is presenting his/her country in Europe. It is also ok if someone hates Manchester United so he's not so much interested in Milan winning but he likes ManUre to lose and it's the same to him who will beat ManUre. But it's shocking to hear Berlusconi asking for our scudetti last summer, Galliani asking for our scudetto now, all Milan fans hating us more than any other team in the world, calling us cheaters all the time, and someone here says FORZAAAA MILAN.
Not only today but he says forza Milan when they play against Bayern, he says forza Milan when they play against Celtic or anyone else.

Feel free to say forza Milan again. Wish Milan to win champions league. That way not only they will buy Ronaldinho Zambrotta or Lampard but they can add Buffon to their team.
What do you care if Milan becomes the strongest team in the world. They will beat Inter, that's what counts, right ? Who cares if they will kick our butts.

Ouh, and don't forget to go here
www.milanmania.com
and keep saying forza Milan with your buddies over and over again
I support Serie A. I watched the league since 1990, (and many tapes of Maradona era), and as a result, I have become personally attached to the leauge itself not just Juve.

Beside, when Milan beat us in Old Trafford, we played pretty poorly and, somewhat deserved to loose. But any true Juventino fan will have in their heart that infamous 1999 night, where we have ManUre waiting to be killed, and just couldnt finish them off. That was truly sad night, because it marked an end of what was incredibly successful era. That pains me more than any petty league battles we had with Milan.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Dida cocked up big time for the third goal. Nesta owned Rooney the most of the night, and in tune with the rest of night, he gave Rooney just one angle to shoot. And Dida being a master choker that he is, somehow couldnt read such splendid defending and found himself in no man's land. Dida got some of the worst footwork I have seen from a GK.

Agreed. Dida was awful tonight. It was his fault in the first and third goal. In the third goal he reminded me of Canizares against Chelsea at Mestalla in the quarter final this year. :disagree:

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
well all and all with man u injuries they did well to beat full team milan. Milan on the other hand i thought the did well until that lasps at the end of the game and if they rallty had to win that game they would have. kaka was great going forward but defending was poor in the second half because in the first he did well to stop man u passing in the center circle but he was tired. ronaldo was trying to hard to impress to me be he did give milan lost of problem. ronney just finished good today and good positioning

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
well all and all with man u injuries they did well to beat full team milan. Milan on the other hand i thought the did well until that lasps at the end of the game and if they rallty had to win that game they would have. kaka was great going forward but defending was poor in the second half because in the first he did well to stop man u passing in the center circle but he was tired. ronaldo was trying to hard to impress to me be he did give milan lost of problem. ronney just finished good today and good positioning
Rooney was shit bar goals. Nesta could own him all day if they played 1 vs 1. There is no doubt Rooney is a quality striker, but at this stage of career, he isnt as good attacker as Nesta is a defender. I think Oddo did a fine job on Ronaldo, be it with some coverage from Rino and then from Brocchi. More importantly, I have a suspicion, a shrewd coach like Mourinho picked up how Milan contained Ronaldo effectively as they did. The key IMO is to have a defender who can catch up with him (Oddo is no slouch), and force Ronaldo to cut inside. Ronaldo isnt as proficient as Kaka in terms of releasing passes from dribbles, so if he cuts inside, the chances are he will make square balls Carrick or Scholes. Then you charge down those two shooters as quick as possible. That is the only way because if you shown Ronaldo outside then he will inevitably skin pass you with exhilarating speed, and draw center back towards sidelines leaving huge gap in the middle. IMO, Milan has a solid plan to keep Ronaldo quite, and they did so much of the game. ManUre won not because of their superior ability but by the simple fact that Milan players at this stage of career can't run for more than 65mins.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Rooney was shit bar goals.
I would always love to have a shit forward in my team who scores two goals. Seriously now, this is the most absurd comment I read on forums, player x was shit bar the goals. Last time I checked a forward is supposed to score goals not to do a show.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I would always love to have a shit forward in my team who scores two goals. Seriously now, this is the most absurd comment I read on forums, player x was shit bar the goals. Last time I checked a forward is supposed to score goals not to do a show.
Of course Strikers are judged by their goals. But I could imagine people go "Look at Rooney, he does it again! He was amazing" Well, to be clear, the third goal was well struck, but come on, Dida should have made that play. As far as individual battle was concerned, Rooney was secondary to Nesta in almost all respect from areial battles to coverage. Football is team sport - there is only so much one can do. If you got GK that lets in every time oppostion strikes the ball - well I rest my case. I find it more absurd that people puts so much emphasis on one of those "critical" play as a evidence of display, because those are as much product of luck as they are skill. Podolski shot even better one at a closer distance in Semi-Final of World Cup, but pity him, the guy in goal was Gigi not Dida, so he had no luck of GK finding himself in the middle of goal to finish the game off. Rooney was outplayed by Nesta in terms of individuals are concerned, but nonetheless, his team won. But then again, Rooney was wouldnt give damn about who played better, and so he should be.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't care if a striker was outplayed by his marker for 90 minutes but still manages to net two goals, it only means he did his job well.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I don't care if a striker was outplayed by his marker for 90 minutes but still manages to net two goals, it only means he did his job well.
Well I guess Rooney wouldnt care either and so it should be. Football is a team game so you win together and loose together. But judging on today's performance, I don't think defenders will be quaking in their boots about the prospects of playing Rooney in the same way one could imagine them loosing sleeps about how to pick up Kaka or stop Ronaldo from doing his stepovers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)