[ENG] Premiership 2009/2010 (27 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
He would, he starts Park because he's Asian, can't think of any other reason why he hasn't been replaced yet.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
Park starts for the same reason Kuyt does-he works his arse off for the team, defending from the front, winning the ball back. notice how many of the games he starts against tough opposition, when manu can't just roll them over.

and yes, Fergie will start Rooney, because the instant he doesn't he'll have every fan and englishman after his balls. rooney is the best forward in the world, AND he's english.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Oh, and the EPL has terminated its contract with Setanta after they failed to cough up the cash.
I hate Setanta with a passion -- how they make irrelevant stuff to them exclusive in my continent, etc. Screw them. Burn down that building and I will party on the pyre.

I don't think it is a coincidence that Arsenal haven't won anything since Vieira left.
I would say the bigger issue is financial management and transfer strategies than any handful of players overall.

Tevez's career has been a shambles since he left the American continent. I remember how the Argentina fans raved about him. If it wasn't for Messi (and Aguero to a lesser extent) stealing the limelight there'd be a lot of disappointed Argie fans walking around.

Tevez "the great" couldn't even become a starter at ManU, that's how great he is.
Tevez will rise again. I honestly think the flaw was more with ManU in not finding a way to get the best out of him. Some clubs can make shit out of gold sometimes. (Hey, there's always Juve with Henry... :sigh:) Fergie got his team results. But sometimes that means a club has to optimize a lot less for individuals and their peak performance.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
Best forward in the world? By fiat?

I certainly don't think he is, but he's every englishman's dream player, and they've built him up to be the english equivalent to messi, aguero, and ronaldo all in one. they can't admit to themselves (unless they support liverpool :p ) that he's good, but not great

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Tevez's career has been a shambles since he left the American continent. I remember how the Argentina fans raved about him. If it wasn't for Messi (and Aguero to a lesser extent) stealing the limelight there'd be a lot of disappointed Argie fans walking around.

Tevez "the great" couldn't even become a starter at ManU, that's how great he is.
He was a starter in his first season at United. His second season, he didn't do bad in the few games that he did play. His only problem this season, was that he didn't really score much goals.

That just proves my point. He was the "king" of South America, won the best player award, won the Libertadores, everything. There's always a risk when buying players from South America, you never know if they'll be as good in Europe. And Tevez was just about the most merited you could find.
What are you talking about? Tevez was great in the second half of the 2006-2007 season with West Ham. Before that he wasn't given a fair chance, but when he became a starter he single handedly lifted West Ham out of the relegation zone.

His first season with Man Utd was a successful one too. He did very well and formed a formidable partnership with Rooney.

There's no way you can argue that he didn't/ isn't doing well in Europe.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
He was a starter in his first season at United. His second season, he didn't do bad in the few games that he did play. His only problem this season, was that he didn't really score much goals.

What are you talking about? Tevez was great in the second half of the 2006-2007 season with West Ham. Before that he wasn't given a fair chance, but when he became a starter he single handedly lifted West Ham out of the relegation zone.

His first season with Man Utd was a successful one too. He did very well and formed a formidable partnership with Rooney.

There's no way you can argue that he didn't/ isn't doing well in Europe.
I see, he's doing great. So why isn't he staying at ManU where the fans apparently love him?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I see, he's doing great. So why isn't he staying at ManU where the fans apparently love him?
Well Ferguson paid a big sum of money on Berbatov, he isn't going to give up on him easily. But Tevez deserved to start more than Berbatov based on last season's performances.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I humbly disagree with the chaps who think Carlitos is overrated...the guy is pure class, he's just been mismanaged by Ferguson

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You could also say he's mismanaged by MSI. Maybe if they weren't running his life he could have a more normal career without all the abnormal transfers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)