[ENG] Premiership 2009/2010 (12 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
I would argue that based on this year, gerrard has more reason to be considered one of the world's best 5 players than kaka, torres as well. so I wouldn't say that the best 5 players in the world will be playing in spain. i won't deny though that a lot of the best players ARE in spain, but not all of the best 5
Yeah Gerrard is now the best player in England seeing how Ronaldo is gone. Torres is not top 5 in the world .. prob top 10 though i think.. and he will get even better I think. But I also think he will go back to spain in a few seasons.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I would argue that based on this year, gerrard has more reason to be considered one of the world's best 5 players than kaka, torres as well. so I wouldn't say that the best 5 players in the world will be playing in spain. i won't deny though that a lot of the best players ARE in spain, but not all of the best 5
Thats true, Gerrard had a very good season this term. He definitely had a better season than Kaka.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Well I think we'll get Johnson since his only competition is Arbeloa. Johnson would have to compete with Bosingwa and Ivanovic at Chelsea and he wants to make the WC team. That won't happen being a back up. But you never know, "Chelsea could just show him the money" and then we're fucked. I'm still pissed at Chelsea and Man City for basically driving up the price. Props to Portsmouth for starting the bidding war.

On another note, why did Torres have to go and give Owen props?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Well to be honest i don't know the player and haven't really watched him play. I've seen a couple of Ajax games in the CL this year, but i didn't pay him much attention, so technically i've never seen him play.

Worryingly the Belgians in the forum have told me that they don't think he's good enough for Arsenal. So i'm hoping theres something that Arsene sees in him.

I just hope he's an upgrade over Kolo Toure because frankly i'm fed up of the guy and would not mind seeing him sold if Man City paid over the odds. We could use the money to get us a decent combative mid(which should be our priority this summer.)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well to be honest i don't know the player and haven't really watched him play. I've seen a couple of Ajax games in the CL this year, but i didn't pay him much attention, so technically i've never seen him play.
:shocked:

This may be the first time I've ever seen you say this about a player.

Worryingly the Belgians in the forum have told me that they don't think he's good enough for Arsenal. So i'm hoping theres something that Arsene sees in him.

I just hope he's an upgrade over Kolo Toure because frankly i'm fed up of the guy and would not mind seeing him sold if Man City paid over the odds. We could use the money to get us a decent combative mid(which should be our priority this summer.)
It's interesting that Wenger has gone for a CB before a DM, because, while your CBs weren't great, I would have said a proper tough DM was the main thing Arsenal were lacking.

Still, at least he is a player that is meant to make an immediate impact, rather than someone Wenger thinks might be a good player in five years time.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
:shocked:

This may be the first time I've ever seen you say this about a player.

:D

It's interesting that Wenger has gone for a CB before a DM, because, while your CBs weren't great, I would have said a proper tough DM was the main thing Arsenal were lacking.
I definitely agree with you there. I think our midfield isn't really functioning well and i think Cesc in particular has suffered the most as he has been compelled to do more defensive work than he's used to without a proper DM playing beside him. I also think that if we got a proper DM, our defense will be a lot less exposed.

Still, at least he is a player that is meant to make an immediate impact, rather than someone Wenger thinks might be a good player in five years time.
That's definitely true. I'm hoping that he's good in the air at least, as that has been one of our biggest weaknesses in defense. We have always been vulnerable to the Drogba's and Crouch's of the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)