[EN] Premier League 2005/06 (7 Viewers)

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Manchester United have refused to comment on winger Cristiano Ronaldo's arrest on Wednesday.

The Portugal international is being questioned by detectives on suspicion of rape after taking part in United's goalless draw with Lille on Tuesday night.

The allegations were made after United's 3-2 victory against Fulham on October 1, which led to the ex-Sporting Lisbon wide man staying overnight at a London hotel.

"We're not commenting at the moment," stated United's director of communications Phil Townsend.

Ronaldo is one of the most highly regarded young players in Europe and is in advanced talks over a new contract with The Red Devils.

The interview with the police is taking place with the 20-year-old and his lawyer in Manchester.

The player expected the appointment, which has been planned around his footballing commitments, and is likely to be bailed while the investigation continues.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Cristiano Ronaldo Arrested
10/19/2005 7:54:00 PM
Manchester United's Portuguese international winger, Cristiano Ronaldo, is being questioned by detectives on suspicion of rape. United are refusing refused to comment on the arrest of Ronaldo, who played in Tuesday night's goalless draw with Lille in the Champions League.

The allegations were made after United's 3-2 victory over Fulham on October 1, which led to the player staying overnight at a London hotel.

"We're not commenting at the moment," said United's director of communications, Phil Townsend.

The highly-rated winger is currently in negotiations with the Red Devils over a new contract.

He is being interviewed by police in Manchester in the presence of his lawyer.

Ronaldo, 20, was expecting the appointment, which has been planned around his footballing commitments. He is thought likely to be granted bail while the investigation continues.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
more than one player in EPL has beed accused of raping , what is the story?
Soft targets, I suspect. If was Don Bes said (quote below) is true, this sounds like BS.

++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++yep, esspecially when you consider that the woman has accused two other men of the same thing and both were innocent

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++
Edited for libelous personal attack - Mikhail

......this is what comes out from young man utd players.....
Careful now - this kind of stuff can get a site in trouble with a wealthy young man's lawyers. It's also pretty offensive.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Roman Looking To Conquer All
10/21/2005 11:14:00 AM
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich says he wants to turn the club into the most successful in the world.
The Russian billionaire saw the Blues claim their first league title in 50 years last season, while his side have won their first nine Premiership games in the new campaign.

"We aim to retain The Premiership and get to the Champions League final," Abramovich said in Chelsea FC - The Official Biography.

"In the long term our strategy is to build the most successful football club in the world and everything we have done so far is geared to this.

"I hope to carry this forward in the true blue tradition of Chelsea but also build even stronger foundations to last us the next 100 years."

He added: "When I became involved with Chelsea, I had little idea how much joy and excitement it would bring me," added Abramovich.

"I can think of no more fitting tribute to our centenary season than to enter it as the Premiership champions.

"That is like a dream come true."

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
to be honest,spurs deserve more credit than man utd.
they played really well in the 2nd half.
jenas's free kick was pure class.
spurs are looking very very impressive.i wudnt be surprised if they do this season was everton did last season.

Sep 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
as i predicted Man united continue in wasting the points and draw with totenham 1-1.
A new manager will be at the helm of Manchester dis-united this comimg season.
He (and it will be a he, in this sexist footballing world) will be a manager that has had a successful world cup, leading his team with excitement and vigor to near glory: Yes he's name is... Yes he is not from the shores of the Septic Isle...
Yes he speakes english and italian and god knows how many other languages..
Yes it's Sven Goren Erri... No it's not!

It's Marco Van Basten.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
++ [ originally posted by bianconero ] ++

A new manager will be at the helm of Manchester dis-united this comimg season.
He (and it will be a he, in this sexist footballing world) will be a manager that has had a successful world cup, leading his team with excitement and vigor to near glory: Yes he's name is... Yes he is not from the shores of the Septic Isle...
Yes he speakes english and italian and god knows how many other languages..
Yes it's Sven Goren Erri... No it's not!

It's Marco Van Basten.

i wudnt be surprised if man utd gambled on roy keane and made him manager.
they gambled on fergie almost 20 years ago,i dont see any reason why they might not gamble on keane.he has all the leadership qualities.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Everton 1-1 Chelsea :eek:
Everton deserved to go 2-1 up - Terry handled the ball in the box, but the linesman choked.

Drogba's goal, disallowed for offside, would have made for an unfair result. Sure, he wasn't offside, but Gudjohnsson was, and this pish about him not being active is rubbish - if a striker is in the box, he's a distraction to the keeper and defense.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The Newcastle derby between the Magpies and Sunderland was a treat to watch. 33 minutes in and it was 0-0, by the 42nd minute it was 2-2. Sunderland went behind twice only to pull themselves level in style with splendid strikes from Lawrence and Elliott. Ameobi had given Newcastle the lead with a couple of headers, both from Emre assists. Fittingly Emre proved to be the matchwinner with a superb curling free kick in the second half. Sunderland will feel hard done by as they had most of the play in the second half but Newcastle held on for the victory despite Sunderland coming as close as the crossbar through Elliott.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)