[EN] Premier League 2005/06 (4 Viewers)

Feb 26, 2005
Don't forget, it's the same Barnet who almost turned into a banana peel for Oul Red Nose and his charges enroute to their ultimate defeat at the hands of Arsenal in the FA Cup.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Chxta ] ++
THERE IS A GOD SOMEWHERE!!! Ch€£$k¥ ARE OUT OF THE CARLING CUP...

May not seem like much, but the point is this: Mourinho can shut the fuck up!!!
finally good news :D

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
The last five days have provided a timely reminder as to why Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is not the well-loved figure he has the potential to be in world football.

The Portuguese tactician has charisma by the bucket load. He makes great copy, generally speaks with extreme honesty and rarely fails to gain a laugh in his press conferences. He is admired throughout the world for the way he guided Porto to unlikely triumph in both the Uefa Cup and Champions League, while the fresh tactics he brought to the table in the Premiership last year have been well-documented.

But the reaction to Sunday’s draw at Everton and Wednesday’s Carling Cup penalty shoot-out defeat to Charlton displayed once again his inability to take anything other than a victory with much graciousness at all.

Of the Everton match he said: "The referee should apologise and I am not happy. For Drogba’s goal to be disallowed was a big mistake. But managers, referees and linesman all make mistakes. But it leaves a taste in the mouth. We dominated clearly and scored two goals."

And of Charlton on Wednesday evening, the heartthrob had this to say: "I’m very disappointed, but we played a proper game, everyone did their best and we deserved to win.

"I have no complaints. Charlton fought a lot and they fought for that luck which they got. They were just lucky."

May be, but it’s this seeming refusal to give proper credit to the other teams and managers that ’leaves a taste in the mouth.’ Thank god he doesn't lose more often.

His confrontational approach to press conferences also leaves much to be desired. Mourinho seems almost to take criticism of his team as a personal insult, often answering questions with one-word answers. It’s this unfriendly style of his that is perhaps behind some of the negativity towards him that we read in our daily newspapers. The words ’rod’ and ’back’ spring to mind.

He’s made it clear on several occasions that he believes the press to be against him and his team. And maybe they are. People don’t generally take kindly to institutions with more money than they know what do to with. But that aside, he could make life so much more comfortable for himself by generally being more approachable to the press and praising of the efforts of other teams.

Not everyone has the money at his disposal. So often it’s a minor miracle when ’lesser’ sides pull off any kind of a result against the Blues. No wonder some side’s like to ’park the team bus in front of their goal’ (Mourinho’s words after a 0-0 draw against Tottenham last season) when visiting Stamford Bridge or even entertaining Chelsea. They are so far ahead in quality of anything else currently on show in the Premiership, that teams have to reach in to all their reserves just to try and muster a 0-0 or 1-1 draw. And more often than not, that will mean playing defensively. Lets not forget that this is not champagne football the Blues are playing every week, and have indeed been accused of playing negative football themselves over the last season or so.

Stolen from Goal.com

Jan 7, 2004
"The referee should apologise and I am not happy. For Drogba’s goal to be disallowed was a big mistake. But managers, referees and linesman all make mistakes. But it leaves a taste in the mouth. We dominated clearly and scored two goals."

anybody else hears the accent in the "half time talk" :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Enron ] ++
whats up with Charlton this year? They on fire son.
There's always one or two teams like that. They've got a good, honest team, a manager who knows his stuff, and a stable roster for the past few years. With Bent scoring for fun, of course they're doing well.

++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
"The referee should apologise and I am not happy. For Drogba’s goal to be disallowed was a big mistake. But managers, referees and linesman all make mistakes. But it leaves a taste in the mouth. We dominated clearly and scored two goals."

anybody else hears the accent in the "half time talk" :D
:D
"amazon.com... Wayne Rooney... thirty five half million... I press click"
"oh, no no boss, no no"

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
the thing about chelski is that you can hate the coach, hate the organization, hate the owner, hate the money, but the fact is that they have not only an extremely good team, but a very hard working team-they fight for every game, and the fact that they have one so many matches just goes to show that. they almost never get overconfident, if ever-Mourinho is a dick, but he does an excellent job getting his team of stars to perform. That said, I do hope they start losing-preferably in europe

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

There's always one or two teams like that. They've got a good, honest team, a manager who knows his stuff, and a stable roster for the past few years. With Bent scoring for fun, of course they're doing well.
Actually the last few years Charlton has done rather well in the first half of the season, only to fall apart in February or March when the pressure becomes too strong for them. If I remember correctly Charlton was in the top four for a while last year until they apart later on in the season.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
yeah, it's been like that for a couple years. I think that this year they will be different though......hell, I wish pool had danny murphy now!

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

:D
"amazon.com... Wayne Rooney... thirty five half million... I press click"
"oh, no no boss, no no"

amazon.co.uk ;)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
Tottenham 1-1 Arsenal FT Pires scored equalizer in 77th minute.
Chelsea currently up 2-1, both sides having scored from the spot.
Pool up 1-0 with Alonso on the scoreboard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)