[EN] Premier League 2005/06 (10 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
i think bolton are the most boring.
liverpool cud surely qualify as the most irritating.
i actually think bolton is an entertaining team,but Liverpool is defenitly one of the most boring teams in england along with chelsea and blackburn

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Poor old Arsene Wenger. He must dread international weeks and the injuries his players hobble back to Highbury with; this time it's Alexander Hleb.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Maresca ] ++

pool was not better before benitez.
never said they werent better, they are, especially in the champions league, but if you look at the play of the EPL and then look at pool's roster. they arent set up for a league in which scoring goals is the name of the game. in the epl as far as i see, its all about the long ball and being really fast. where as in say serie A, you will see more 1 nil games than anywhere else. pool doesnt have alot of speed, especially on the wings, defense or in the mid, and they definitely do not have a pure scorer, ex peter crouch, up front. they do have morientes who is very solid, but he hasnt been healthy much of the year. even xabi alonso has said that 'pool needs to make a big pick up this january, and i think rafa has agreed with him. what i was meaning to say was that there is a reason liverpool stinks up the EPL and does well in the CL. its that their style is more acclamated with teams from other leagues where 1 or 2 goal games are the norm.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Could it be? Are Chelsea actually on the verge of dropping points in the Premiership? Stelios Giannakopoulos has given Bolton an early lead at the Bridge.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Could it be? Are Chelsea actually on the verge of dropping points in the Premiership? Stelios Giannakopoulos has given Bolton an early lead at the Bridge.
I guess there goes that hope... :(

72' Chelsea [4 - 1] Bolton W.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Not much of a change in the EPL today. Chelsea completely owned their opponents tonight and Arsenal and Newcastle continue to lose to mediocre sides. However, Liverpool won today and that could be considered quite far from the normal EPL proceedings...hahaha. Unfortunately Manchester United won quite easily and Wayne Rooney scored...or in other words a terrible day today in the supposed most exciting league in the world.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by AtotheB ] ++
...However, Liverpool won today and that could be considered quite far from the normal EPL proceedings...hahaha. ...
Who knows? Maybe they'll finish 8th in the EPL this year and some jamoke at UEFA will create some new back door to get them qualified for the 2006-7 Champions League on a "defend their title from two years ago" technicality. :rolleyes:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Who knows? Maybe they'll finish 8th in the EPL this year and some jamoke at UEFA will create some new back door to get them qualified for the 2006-7 Champions League on a "defend their title from two years ago" technicality. :rolleyes:
:LOL: And if that does not work Pool fans will just try to cry their way into the tournament.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
5-1 already. :eek:

And I thought we'd get to see the look on Mourinho's face with their first loss this season. :fero:
Chelsea were lucky to still be in the game at half time. They didn't look cohesive, and Gary Speed rocketed one shot off the understide of the bar, with Cech well beaten. Mourinho put on Gudjonson (sp?) for Del Horno (ST for LB) and Bolton had a man sent off.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by AtotheB ] ++
Unfortunately Manchester United won quite easily and Wayne Rooney scored...or in other words a terrible day today in the supposed most exciting league in the world.
I actually disagree there Andy, Man Utd had lots of problems against Sunderland and they were being dominated for a good 50 minutes in their own half.Sunderland were only denied a couple of golden chances by Van Der Sar on superb form, and in the first half they never got into the game.Even in the second Sunderland had a myriad of goalmouth scuffles that could've gone in.Also take into account that the goalkeeper made a blunder on Van Nistelrooy's goal by getting down to slow and Rossi's contribution was more the result of a deflection than anything.Rooney's goal probably wouldn't have gone in if it hadn't hit the defender's back either as the subsequent bounce took it away from another backtracking defender who was running to the far post, which was where Rooney was aiming in the first place.

Feb 26, 2005
DEATH TO WENGER!
DEATH TO WENGER!!
DEATH TO WENGER!!!

Just kidding. The injury list this season has been crippling. At least now, Henry is coming back and has Ian Wright's record firmly in his sights, and yes chxta, Wenger will surely want to do away with international football altogether. Hleb went to play for Belarus healthy, and came back with a knee injury that requires surgery and will keep him out for 8 weeks. Henry went to play for France and came back injured for 6 weeks. Ashley Cole went training with England and picked up a stress fracture that will keep him out for 6 weeks. Sol Campbell went to play for England and picked up a hamstring injury that's ruled him out for an as yet unknown period. It just ain't fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)