DP Finally Signs! (2 Viewers)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

of coz its not our money. but if the money can be use to bring quality player to juve, then as a follower, i have the right to express my opinion ,am i...

we all know del piero and almost all of us appreciate him.. me myself personaly want him to retire as a Juventus player than anywhere else.. but surely a 33 ywear old Del P. still want to stay at juve for half that wage...this is a high risk bussiness investment IMO becoz nobody cant affordf to buy him if he cant perform consistently on all front anymore..
Del Piero Brings much more money to the Club compared to what he actually earns. and don't think the amount of money you save from his contract can get you any quality player. for prestigious clubs like Juventus money is not a problem when it comes to players like Del Piero who has spent all his career serving the club.They can offer him a new edited contract later based on his performance. I don't know why is this bothering most of you. I am glad that he will end his Career at Juve :touched:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
agreee... any long term contract should only be offer untill the player is 32.. after that it should only be offer on a year to year basis base on performance and role in the club.... i hate to be in the situation where we cant field a very good player just becoz we dont want to put a high contract Del P. on the bench...
You have to understand that that is not really an option here. Del Piero isn't a just a player for us, he represents us in a completely different way, like Maldini for Milan or Raul for Real.

Del Piero wouldn't and shouldn't accept us giving him one year extensions, what kind of message would that send to him? Not a good one... The thing that says it all about deal is that at the end of the contract DP can choose to enter the board of the club (or so I've heard). Del Piero will be here longer than this contract, that's for sure.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
@Fahad: I'm not dissapointed that he signed, I'm dissapointed for how long he signed.

@Aragorn: Are you saying 15 mil € cant get you a good player? Legro was less. Appiah was less. Miccoli was less. Maresca was less. D'Allesandro was less. Cristiano Ronaldo was less. Tevez would be less. Cavenaghi would be around that much. Chivu was slightly more.

15 mil €.

15.000.000 €.

For two years. Two years! For a 32 year old player. 32!

Now tell me that isnt a lot of money and that we couldnt buy anyone good for that amount.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
@Fahad: I'm not dissapointed that he signed, I'm dissapointed for how long he signed.

@Aragorn: Are you saying 15 mil € cant get you a good player? Legro was less. Appiah was less. Miccoli was less. Maresca was less. D'Allesandro was less. Cristiano Ronaldo was less. Tevez would be less. Cavenaghi would be around that much. Chivu was slightly more.

15 mil €.

15.000.000 €.

Now tell me that isnt a lot of money and that we couldnt buy anyone good for that amount.
Have we suddenly gone broke because of the contract they have just given him? Does this now mean we have no more money to buy other players you'd like to see just because his contract has been extended to a time you deem too long

Whether you like him or not , he might not be the best or leader to some of you but he is the biggest box office draw that Juventus have and they are not stupid to give him all that money if they are not sure he would somehow make them richer

As for those mentioning Davids, I do understand your frustrations but lets face facts Dp is Italian for one and Davids though one of my favourites is seen to be easily replaceable as Appiah is showing for the time being

Sheringham and Di Canio to name a few are still earning big bucks at their age 37 and 35/36 respectively so whats the problem

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
We havent gone broke because of his contract and we may earn some money off of him, but IMO it's too big of a risk to give such a contract to a player of his age.

edit: altho I'm aware of the whole icon thing, I'm not too fond of it. Putting one player above the rest. I like Del Piero and all but I dont think this is a good idea. Even Rivaldo only got a 2 year contract with Milan, and we all know he was better than DP in his last two seasons with Barca (anyone remember the one man show agains Valencia). And his case proves how much difference one summer break combined with relatively old age can priduce a sudden drop of form.

Contrary to many of your beliefes, I actually have nothing against Del Piero.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
We havent gone broke because of his contract and we may earn some money off of him, but IMO it's too big of a risk to give such a contract to a player of his age.

edit: altho I'm aware of the whole icon thing, I'm not too fond of it. Putting one player above the rest. I like Del Piero and all but I dont think this is a good idea. Even Rivaldo only got a 2 year contract with Milan, and we all know he was better than DP in his last two seasons with Barca (anyone remember the one man show agains Valencia). And his case proves how much difference one summer break combined with relatively old age can priduce a sudden drop of form.

Contrary to many of your beliefes, I actually have nothing against Del Piero.
totaly agree.plus i will add that i care more for juventus than a player.del piero gave us great things and beloved by us but his doesn't mean that we have to pay him all those huge money even if he comes to 34.football is a business too so it needs to act like profesionals ;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Even Rivaldo only got a 2 year contract with Milan, and we all know he was better than DP in his last two seasons with Barca (anyone remember the one man show agains Valencia).
Read what Dennis said, it's about a lot more than form, whether you like it or not, the icon thing is a given, Maldini is still playing for Milan as well.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

i guess he meant for deco's comment.italian or non italian thing.davids case
I know what he was reffering to. I was reffering to Ians theory that Van der Saar had a very short leash at Juve because he wasnt Italian. Thats what I was reffering to. :)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Read what Dennis said, it's about a lot more than form, whether you like it or not, the icon thing is a given, Maldini is still playing for Milan as well.
Like I said, I am aware of it, but I'm not very fond of putting one player above the rest, and especially above the team.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
15 mil €.

15.000.000 €.

Del Piero generates alot of money to the club too in the form of publicity .. how many t-shirts does the club sell with the name Del Piero on the back?

Alex means alot to the club and its fans, it's only right he gets paid well .. Recoba earns more from Inter than Alex does even though he is yet to start for Inter this season .. Rivaldo is also earning alot from Milan without even playing matches .. it's about time we appreciate our captain and reward him with at least some recognition, let's just stop criticising him for a change .. Alex actually accepted a 15% salary cut .. so please, lay-off his back ..

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I see no one mentioned that along with that fix pay, DP will be also getting extra money depending on his performances. That is the better he plays, the more money he gets. Mind you, they specified that how he plays does not include trophies won as a team, but on his single personal performance.

Some of you mentioned the salary cuts. To be honest I'm not really impressed when these superstar players accept pay cuts of up to 15%. I mean it's not like they are going to become paupers all of a sudden. Vieri and Recoba were the first to be praised. Oh come on they still wear their gucci's and buy their porsche.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Some of you mentioned the salary cuts. To be honest I'm not really impressed when these superstar players accept pay cuts of up to 15%. I mean it's not like they are going to become paupers all of a sudden. Vieri and Recoba were the first to be praised. Oh come on they still wear their gucci's and buy their porsche.
Of course, because whenever someone gets a raise, it's in the 50-100% region, not 15-20%. That makes the paycuts so much less symbolic, they're insignificant all things considered.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002

Like I said, I am aware of it, but I'm not very fond of putting one player above the rest, and especially above the team.
What world are you living in? In which part of the world do players of the same team all earn the same amount of money? Or in which work of life do you see everyone getting the same amount

And about Rivaldo what do Milan care that he has not played at all well for them, all they care about is that he is earning them money by selling the tshirts

And please what has racism got to do with anything? Davids is from Holland, no real ties in Italy, has spent a great deal of time at Juve where they have stuck by him when he was rotting in Milan reserves, the drug shame and all the red cards and have offered what they think is appropiate to him which he has refused and si he not earning more than a lot at the club?

Compare that to an Italian player who has been there all his adult life , whom most ppl associate with the club and is the symbol if you like so what do u expect to happen

Or did Beckham or Figo just waltz into Madrid and take the number 7 shirt from the icon of that club

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Of course, because whenever someone gets a raise, it's in the 50-100% region, not 15-20%. That makes the paycuts so much less symbolic, they're insignificant all things considered.
That is so true :(

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Denco I don't think Goat meant to put one player above the team team in terms of salary, at least not just on that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)