DP Finally Signs! (6 Viewers)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #82
    Hey I'm surprised from that article, that he said "I deserve it"... that's the first thing I've seen from DP that I don't like...

Jul 12, 2002
    Why is there 85 posts in a thread about DP resigning? I could just as easily see 85 posts in a thread entitled: "This just in, Water is Wet!"

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    maybe he ealier predict that someone will come out with the idea that he didnt deserve that contract..
    Or maybe his agent or one of his people was reading this thread

Goat please enlighten us what merchandise you do purchase and you are the one who is taking this way too seriously, you're acting like its your personal money and I don't really care whether you like him or not and you don't have to justify your love or hatred to anybody , you think he doesn't deserve it , good luck to you, thankfully from Dp's perspective there are others lots more others who feel he does , so there

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    @ Denco - So what if Goat does not think he deserves it? I think he presented good arguments to justify his views.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    So he does not deserve it in you guy's eyes , that does not mean I agree with anything he said as I do not

If Raul, Beckham and the like can get that kinda money, keane getting £95,000 a week at the age of 31 and he would be getting that amount at 35 , so why not Dp

The fact that you are no fans of the guy judging by your posts and you are entirely entitled to your opinions does not mean his points were valid as saying 1 player is not above his teammates is no valid point, its to camouflage your distaste for the contract awarded to a player you obviously think does not deserve it

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Oh come on. The player could have been anyone (even Zidane) as no one would deserve such money.

So what if Raul, Beckham, Keane etc get that amount of money? Doesn't make it right only cos everyone does it.

It's ok (even though still too much) if the player is under 29 years, but a player netting those amounts at the age of 32 and over is quite too much.

If to be a fan of a player, you have to agree with everything he does, say or gets, then I'm a fan of no player.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    If thats the going rate in football then so be it

Like Dessailly once said if football was easy then everybody would be playing as professionals

Juventus would get far more from him that he would from them , likewise Man united and Real Madrid so I am not sure what the discussion or debate is all about

Its got nothing to do with being a fan or anything like that, they are in the entertainment business and thats what they earn

Schumacher gets 25m a season on salary alone but Ferrari make so much more off him

Whether its right or wrong is not for you and me to discuss as there is nothing moral about what the entertainer gets or is it right for and actor to get £20m per film or a fighter get that kind of amount for 5 minutes of boxing?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Schumacher gets much more actually, but foa sport where there are 3-4 drivers, opposed to a team with 25 players. More than 500 million people watch every race, so the marketing money is huge, and teams have much more money to spend. Ferrari has a G1 budget of over 600 mil $.

Oh, and there's the fact that he could die any moment!!! :rolleyes:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    It surprises me that people find this contract too much.
    You forget that dp basically pays for himself with shirts and other merchandising.

If I remember the times article on top shirt sellers last season correctly.

Some 75000 Del Piero shirts were sold worldwide last season.

At the retail price of 80euros that is some 6million euros.
    Add to that all the other merchandising for juve and we have our captain for free.

So what your all saying is our captain, team symbol, one of the best players in the world, a guy who has brought so much to our team..... is worth nothing!! Please

His contract may seem high, it may be more than our other players, but then his return is much highjer and in reality... del piero costs us less than most of our players

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    It surprises me that people find this contract too much.
    You forget that dp basically pays for himself with shirts and other merchandising.

If I remember the times article on top shirt sellers last season correctly.

Some 75000 Del Piero shirts were sold worldwide last season.

At the retail price of 80euros that is some 6million euros.
    Add to that all the other merchandising for juve and we have our captain for free.

So what your all saying is our captain, team symbol, one of the best players in the world, a guy who has brought so much to our team..... is worth nothing!! Please

His contract may seem high, it may be more than our other players, but then his return is much highjer and in reality... del piero costs us less than most of our players
    Yeah, people criticize him so much because he have failed in some games. But is stupid to say that a player is useless and weak,,when the guy has a great talent, a talent that no one in the team have.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Clear that it looks like this contract is more convenient 4 Del Piero than 4 Juventus cause he surely needs Juve more than Juve needs him; but ouers dirigency isn't stupid and they didn't had a gun pointed on their face when they signed... they knew what they weare doing... probably some of the money will come back thanks the "commercial" side of Del Piero.

Btw I think that he will be perfect 4 the dirigency role cause as I think he is not the best of the world as a player I think he is one of the mosts "political perfect" in the sense that he is never "over the lines" he never say something wrong, and I also think he is a very smart man, and those qualitys are surely involved in the reason why he had a careear that he probably couldn't have otherwise and he had a contract that just as player he may do not deserve. Del Piero will be the new Bettega, and I think the 2 are very similar 4 personality an history.

4 who made comparison with how Davids was treated I want to tell that the 2 situations are so different! Edgar is probably more important in the field than DP but we have to consider that his exuberant personality was always a "pain in the ass" 4 the dirigency and is not a secret that he had promlems with Moggi &co and that was him who started making problems with them. But also he had others teams after him and promising always a bit more than Juve did and we will never know how wuold DP had reacted in a situation like this... maybe he wuould start making problems too if he had Real or Man Ut or who else after him. Anycase I think not cause the guy is too smart and he knows that noweare else he can have successes like in Juventus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)