DP Finally Signs! (2 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
No actually, Juve pays Del Piero 1.6 million pounds per year for his image rights. It's all included in the 5.5 mil pounds.

And I still think he's not worth it :stuckup: :p

I'd rather have, say, Tevez :stuckup:

nudie

Sep 7, 2003
Frome the offical site!

Juventus Fotball club: Agreements with the player Alessandr Del Piero

Turin, 2 oktober 2003 – Juventus football club S.p.A announce that it has renewed its contract with Mr Alessandro Del piero until 30 june 2008.
As for the current football season, the contract envisages a gross annual payment about 5.6 million euro. Mr Alessandro Del Piero has also granted Juventus the right, from the current football season until 30 June 2008, to use his image rights for corporate purpose, such as the season ticket campaign, the stadium Mondo juve project, for a gross annual sum about 2.3 million euro.

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #68
    I guess it's just because he thinks we can make more of the money...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Do I have to be paying his wage to express my opinions??? I want whats best for the club, and I have every right to say what I think, no matter if I pay his wages or not :(

Bastard :groan:

;)

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
    Do I have to be paying his wage to express my opinions??? I want whats best for the club, and I have every right to say what I think, no matter if I pay his wages or not :(

Bastard :groan:

;)
    Yes you kinda have to be paying his wages or anybody's wages to say if it s a waste of money, except you are a seson ticket holder or go to watch Juve matches as often as you can, I don't think you have the right to question what the club officials are doing with thier money most especially as they are not giving it out to an unknown, they are giving it to a player who has for the last 10 years given his all to the club, a player we have all watched go from being a boy to a man, the highs and lows( which you only delight to remind us of)

Well he is on a pedestal so its easy to take shots at him, then you mention Tevez, a player who uptill now is just prospect, and another of the ever increasing list of players called next Maradona ( as if thats possible, yeah God would actually allow another greatest to come form the same country)

Well like Keane said it takes a specila player to play for Manchester United, well it does take a special player to play for Juventus (u don't believe me ask Riquelme, a player infinitely better than Tevez but where is he now)

You then say we a team does not need a captain , why not go the whole hog and eliminate the manager, wait , why stop there , why not eliminate the concept of a team, lets all go down to the field and play football altogether with 70 a side

Of cos u need a captain someone to look up to on the field or a talisman, someone you need in times of trouble and if he manages to get more than his team mates well so be it as they are basking in the glory in which his blood and sweat has provided

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    The GOAT bashing has started...

I'm not saying its a waste of money nor am I questioning the clubs decisions (wait... I am actually ;) ), but I have every right to say I disagree.

Secondly, Tevez was just an example. Wouldnt you have a talented 20ish prospect rather than an overpayed 34 year old Del Piero? I know I would. You talk about him being our icon and stuff. I agree. Let him be our icon and leader, its all good. But if he really loves the club he'd do it for much less money in his last years, not freaking 8 mil €!!! Let him have that money now, but I certanly dont want him getting that kind of money after 31. He'll be even more injury prone, even more unconsistent, slower, more tired, and his skills will slowly deteriorate, and we all know that! Thats the kind of player I dont want to see getting 8 mil € per season. I'd love if he could become our manager, director, coach, scout or whatever, BUT NOT FOR THIS KIND OF MONEY IN HIS LAST SEASONS!!!

And you are twisting my words on the captain thing, and you know it. I want the team to play as one. All the players to play as one, united, not captai + the rest of the team, because they'll feel less important than the captain. There is no "I" in TEAM, nor is there a "CAPTAIN" or "DEL PIERO" in team. I dont want the players looking up to one player,, especially Del Piero, because he will pull them further down when they're sinking. You already know what I think on the whole "choker" issue, and I dont think such a player should be captain. And Del Piero has hardly given more blood and sweat for the clubs causes than any other player, so I dont see why he should be getting all the glory, as he would have if we had won the CL!

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Oh you don't like to be bashed , well I am sure Dp does not like being bashed either

I still dont know what you are getting on about, which agent would go and negotiate with a club and tell the club that oh my client loves this club so well so how about a decrease in salary

And you cannot honestly think that Dp is going to be on 7.5m at the age of 34 do you?

How long have you be following football to know a contratc is not what the paper is signed on so I dont know why you are getting hot and bothered

Oh well Dp has enough people who appreciate him to be worrying about a small minority who would not appreciate it , no matter what he does so theres no point in arguing

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Actually I dont mind being bashed, as long its for a valid reason and with valid arguments.

Secondly, I am not arguing with anyone nor do I wish to do so. I am simply stating what I think, and I believe you are taking this discussion a bit to seriously.

Third, the contract is worth something actually, as we can not change, nor dissolve it without the mutual consent of all parties. Meaning, if DP decides he doesnt want to take a paycut when he's 33 even tho he's playing badly, he doesnt have to and the club would still have to pay him the 8 mil € per year. So you see, the contract actually is worht the paper its signed on, and much more in this case.

I'll repeat this again:

I ACTUALLY HAVE NOTHING AGAINST DEL PIERO PERSONALY, NOR DO I HATE HIM, I'M JUST STATING MY OBJECTIVE OPINION WITHOUT ANY BIAS FOR OR AGAINST ALEX!!!

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #75
    ++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
    There is no "I" in TEAM, nor is there a "CAPTAIN" or "DEL PIERO" in team.
    There's "me" if you look real closely :p

Sorry to ignore, the rest of your post, but I'll let you guys dual this one out ;)

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #78
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Actually Goat does pay for DP's wages by purchasing Juventus merchandise.
    I hardly think he buys 15m worth of merchandise :rolleyes::p

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Anyway here's an article I wrote about DP's news conference that he made today regarding his contract.

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/q5100.html
    whoa, totti style. that was arrogant. though i cannot judge him cause i don't know how much other superstars ar paid, e.g. raul, totti etc.

but look at it as americans do. anyone nba player anthony mason. an old fag, seaman of basketball. he gets 5mil a year, averaging 7pts and couple of rebounds per game. and that's his new contract signed this week. so.... our leader is woth every penny he gets if you look at it though this perpective. (i know this was stupid comparison but still..)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)