Douglas Costa (52 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Personally I think we should babysit him a little bit when CL games are on the horizon. He's an important player to not have burned out for that competition. I suppose he didn't play lots of minutes earlier in the season so he should be ok.

He's on about 2000 minutes for the season, 11th for the team. Higuain is top on 3000.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's pretty nice that so often, when some or even most of us are skeptic about a transfer - do the player have the right profile to fit in the team, is he too expensive, does he have the quality when he isn't starting in his current club, etc. - in september, we end up in march all praising what the player brings to the team. Costa started with some ups and downs, but as he i getting integrated and as we have learned to utilize his strenghts, he has shown to be such a neat addition to the squad. Some strong performances during the last couple of months, and i also love to see how he really works for the team. Compliments to both him and to management for bringing him in, and Allegri for somehow always managing to have the team play to our strenghts, depending on which players with which characteristics are playing.

Also, in general, i am so impressed by our unbeaten run when you factor in how many injuries we had and how many players have needed to regain fitness/sharpness. Imagine Napoli with all these injuries...
:tup:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Might be out most important player now.
@DAiDEViL :snoop:

But nah. That's Higgy. Higgy being in good shape and form gives us a shot vs anyone. Higgy being early season fat and out of form makes us look like scrubs and so disjointed in our build-up.

As seen in the past half-dozen matches you see just how much an in-form and quick Higgy means to us and our ability to move the ball forward and break the press, in the build-up to creating chances. When he's making well-timed runs, when he's holding the ball up and laying it off or putting through Costa and Dybala, when he's providing an outlet for Pjanic to make forward passes to... we can look damn good.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
@DAiDEViL :snoop:

But nah. That's Higgy. Higgy being in good shape and form gives us a shot vs anyone. Higgy being early season fat and out of form makes us look like scrubs and so disjointed in our build-up.

As seen in the past half-dozen matches you see just how much an in-form and quick Higgy means to us and our ability to move the ball forward and break the press, in the build-up to creating chances. When he's making well-timed runs, when he's holding the ball up and laying it off or putting through Costa and Dybala, when he's providing an outlet for Pjanic to make forward passes to... we can look damn good.
You right, Higgy is great at the moment

@Post Ironic :snoop:

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,694
    The Daily Mirror claims that Manchester United are trying to sign Douglas Costa from Juventus for €45m, but he is not for sale.

According to the English newspaper, Jose Mourinho has set his sights firmly on the Brazil international winger.

He only made the move from Bayern Munich to Turin for €46m in July 2017, so the idea of selling him on a year later for less than that is implausible.

Douglas Costa has made a good impression at Juve, contributing three goals and seven assists in 35 competitive appearances this season.

The Bianconeri haven’t the slightest intention of selling the 27-year-old, who can play on the left or right wing in a trident attack.

This deal saw Juventus pay €6m for a 12-month loan with option to buy already activated for another €40m in July 2018.
    :ratcafe:

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
    How can they even write this shit.

He has really impressed me. I actually thought we overpayed at First - but he is much better than i thought.

If he was better at getting in scoring positions he would be a top 10 player.

one on one he imposible to stop, but we already knew that - but what impresses me is he excelent at setting up Teammates, nut just a typical brainless dribler.

7 assist dosent paint the Real picture. Almost all of our chances starts from him. And lets face it, our gameplan does not suit his type - that why Im even more impressed.

50 for him would be a steal. Imagine him prl! He would break the assist record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)