Douglas Costa (68 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Good example how stats don't tell the whole thing. Just a few goals scored, average assistance number... One might look at those stats and think meh...

But it's a whole 'nother story when you actually watch the matches. Then you know he's a force to be reckoned with when attacking and threatening every time he touches the ball. How he opens space with ease, creating something out of nothing that ends up giving us a shot at scoring.

Some members here thought he was just a brainless runner and how they were wrong.
Dude gets an insane number of hockey assists. Creates a ton of chances, one pass removed.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

To be added as a smiley, but you have to bother Dule The Red with it :p @zizinho

- - - Updated - - -

Those are ugly as fuck @CrimsonianKing.

Like Costa when he arrived in Turin.

@Dostoevsky, this one deserves to be smileyfied

- - - Updated - - -

Good example how stats don't tell the whole thing. Just a few goals scored, average assistance number... One might look at those stats and think meh...

But it's a whole 'nother story when you actually watch the matches. Then you know he's a force to be reckoned with when attacking and threatening every time he touches the ball. How he opens space with ease, creating something out of nothing that ends up giving us a shot at scoring.

Some members here thought he was just a brainless runner and how they were wrong.
:agree: stats are for murrican sports

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Douglas Costa's first season stats aren't going to be pretty but IMO he's been worth the 45-50mil so far. He's definitely the kind of player you have to watch to see the impact on the game he has

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
And i still do. His assets are dribbling and pace, if he had a brain on top of that he wouldn't go for €45m. Nontheless, he's looking good at the moment :)
And since when that's "bad"?

So because he was fairly cheap in today's market he can't have a brain? I think there's a bit of prejudice nowadays regarding Brazilian "dribblers and runners". I can understand some of the reason behind all this, the post-Robinho generation is pretty fucking underwhelming, think Bernard, Lucas, Hulk, Marlos, etc... DC is better than all of those and is proving it time and time again.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
So because he was fairly cheap in today's market he can't have a brain? I think there's a bit of prejudice nowadays regarding Brazilian "dribblers and runners". I can understand some of the reason behind all this, the post-Robinho generation is pretty $#@!ing underwhelming, think Bernard, Lucas, Hulk, Marlos, etc... DC is better than all of those and is proving it time and time again.
:agree:
Dude created basically two goals against Milan from nothing, not too bad for a brain-dead.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
And since when that's "bad"?

So because he was fairly cheap in today's market he can't have a brain? I think there's a bit of prejudice nowadays regarding Brazilian "dribblers and runners". I can understand some of the reason behind all this, the post-Robinho generation is pretty fucking underwhelming, think Bernard, Lucas, Hulk, Marlos, etc... DC is better than all of those and is proving it time and time again.
You can, but if hes was such a complete package, why are we the only top club that was seriously going for him for such a low (for todays standards) fee? You would have expected top clubs to be all over him.

No prejudice at all, i couldn't care less where he comes from. I based my opinion solely from watching him play, and from what i've seen he's your typical tricky hot & cold winger that comes over pace and dribbling, not over intelligent movement, positioning or passing (inb4 3 minute long youtube compilation). If he had that too, he wouldn't have arrived at Juventus in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:
Dude created basically two goals against Milan from nothing, not too bad for a brain-dead.
By using what? Pace and dribbling (If we can agree on that every pro footballer should be able to play basic one-two's/cutbacks)

Which us fine, but don't make him out to be that complete jack of all trades attacking player, cause he isn't.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You can, but if hes was such a complete package, why are we the only top club that was seriously going for him for such a low (for todays standards) fee? You would have expected top clubs to be all over him.

No prejudice at all, i couldn't care less where he comes from. I based my opinion solely from watching him play, and from what i've seen he's your typical tricky hot & cold winger that comes over pace and dribbling, not over intelligent movement, positioning or passing (inb4 3 minute long youtube compilation). If he had that too, he wouldn't have arrived at Juventus in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

By using what? Pace and dribbling (If we can agree on that every pro footballer should be able to play basic one-two's/cutbacks)

Which us fine, but don't make him out to be that complete jack of all trades attacking player, cause he isn't.
the same question could be asked about Vidal when we sold him, no?

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
well yeah
I never implied he is a jack of all trades (btw, who apart Ronaldo is good enough to fit this criteria), he is no brain-dead though.
On Sami goal he covered the ball from 3 milan players with his pace and dribbling and found a moment to make a great pass. It was actually quite a smart play.

Apr 19, 2007
A true steal of a player. He gives us such an outlet being able to cut around the iddle of the field and hold the ball to let us get out of our own half. This will be a huge asset against Madrid and any other big team we play. We all know the damage he has around the box. Defenders look scared of him. Been a long time since that has been the case here at Juve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)