Douglas Costa (65 Viewers)

The Donkey

Dec 7, 2017
But what motivated him to move from gremio to shakhtar?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
High-wage and the coach Mircea Lucescu who speaks portuguese and understand Brazilian players.

But i think many players of that generation like Douglas Costa, Willian, Fernandinho and especially Alex Teixeira who was the best one had wc potential if they had moved to some big european league instead of staying so many years in East Europe.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Not great, was like an early season performance from him. Too many cheap give aways and tactically all over the place.

But he has been superb recently.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not to sound harsh, but he is just not clever enough in this kinda games. If he had a good descision making he could be really really good, as he got the speed and dynamic.
I always think that about wingers anyway. Still, in a different game scenario with Madrid chasing a goal he could have been lethal isolated against players. Just how it happens, always far easier playing with a lead.

Mar 30, 2006
I think his continuity was broken with the formation changes today and a bit of nerves. He is still one of our best players and someone we should build around. His pace and one on one skill is one of our most dangerous weapons.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We have never got a really good look at him in a 4-3-3 anyways.

Playing RM in a 4-4-2 is way different. More defensive responsibilities. More energy lost. You play deeper and don't get many chances to get in behind. Not many chances to be 1 on 1 with the fullback, etc.

To be honest, I never thought he could do this well in a 4-4-2. Thought he would be way, way lazier. Way more wasteful in build-up.

I would love to see him in a 4-3-3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)