Domenico Berardi (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's the exact same situation as Morata. Madrid is very very likely to exercise the option. Aren't we all hopeful that he won't go because he'll want to stay here? Marotta said so. We depend on the player's will.

Regarding Berardi's case, of course he won't want to stay at Sassuolo when we exercise the offer. But if an European powerhouse or even Inter comes calling, he may just want to join them instead of us.

I just hope there is a fixed price to sell him to other clubs. Like we have with Morata something like we can only accept offers of 80M or more. If something similar is done with Berardi, then we are protected.
Even if that were the case though, and Sassuolo were to entertain offers from somewhere else, they still cannot do anything without Juve giving the green light on it.

It's not as if Juve would be left empty handed if a buy back clause is indeed in place.

Buy on AliExpress.com

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Moratas agent made sure he has a clause to decline a move back... I don't think that Berardi has that option..
No player needs a clause to decline a contract offer if a transfer is accepted.. they can simply refuse it and don't sign it.

- - - Updated - - -

What I mean is that this was an opportunity to sign him already and have him sign the contract.

Anyway Marotta is clearly cleaning space for another buy. Let's hope it's a good one and Berardi comes in a year.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
:hellyes: to Marotta and Paratici. Now even if Berardi refuses to play for Juve we won't be sore losers because Juve got them money back and if he changes his mind about playing for Juve then he can come next year, vincere o vincere.

Itztli

'Curious'
May 12, 2011
Another reason as why he's staying at Sassuolo outside of getting into euro 16 is that his girlfriend graduates at the end of next season. Supposedly.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Sadly, I don't think he will be back in Juve. If he really wanted to be play for Juve, he would have forced Sassoulo's hands, but he's just been indifferent to Juve in general.

Having a buy back option doesn't mean much with a talent like him, unlike Zaza. Most of the big clubs will surely bid for him next summer if not earlier with much higher sums than the agreed buy back clause with Juve. At which point the buy option would be totally useless, as he's simply not that interested in playing with Juve.

He's gone.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Reading way too much into it IMO. And I highly doubt Sassuolo would spoil their relationship with Juve by selling him to another club that offers more., especially if we are actively trying to dig him. They have A LOT more to lose out of that scenario than we do.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
And you simply don't know (and neither do any of us) if he doesn't want to play for us. It's all speculation. And tbh, him staying at Sassuolo to get 100% game time before Euro 16, makes more sense than us dropping€15m + on him to ride the bench.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
And you simply don't know (and neither do any of us) if he doesn't want to play for us. It's all speculation. And tbh, him staying at Sassuolo to get 100% game time before Euro 16, makes more sense than us dropping€15m + on him to ride the bench.
At the very least you could accept the fact that he is extremely indifferent towards juve and thats never a good signal, instead of just picking the good things

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
or drop 15 mil and loan him to sass for a year; if we really valued his talent and believed he wanted to be here, that would have been the approach

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
or drop 15 mil and loan him to sass for a year; if we really valued his talent and believed he wanted to be here, that would have been the approach
We would have had €25m less cash than what we have now, ignoring installment payments, that would have been a very stupid move. Imo there is no doubt Juve values his talent and this is the best solution Juve could have taken under the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)