Dimitar Berbatov - ST - Manchester United (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I wait till you criticise him when we win the Scudetto and claim "It's all Carrera"
I'm not even going to respond to that if this is your take on the situation. Pitiable if you think Marrotta should be excused if he doesn't bring a striker. Refer Suns post to understand the logic of our issue.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Although I have to say, Berba is like poor mans Zlatan. He's a great player and I actually asked for him a few days ago. Just wish he would have arrived with someone like Dzeko or Llorente and us getting rid of Quag and Matri if we get a good offer.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I wait till you criticise him when we win the Scudetto and claim "It's all Carrera"
Scudetto? Man, we actually have a legit chance at winning the Champions League! Our team is fantastic from goalkeeper, defence and midfield..but the only thing lacking is that quality striker.

Mirko

Aug 29, 2012
Giovinco - Berba :tup:
Giovinco - Vucinic :tup:
Vucinic - Berba :inter:
The less Giovinco plays the better. He isn't good enough for Juventus, I am very disapointed we didn't buy Cassano or just bought Jovetic instead of Giovinco when he was available. And we would have enough left in that case 30 - 10 = only 20 mil (we offered 26 for LOLrente) for Berbatov.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
imagine this

chiellini, vidal, asamoah, marchisio running like madmen all over the pitch.......and then vucinic and bebra just chillin' casually walking on the pitch.

such a contrast.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Scudetto? Man, we actually have a legit chance at winning the Champions League! Our team is fantastic from goalkeeper, defence and midfield..but the only thing lacking is that quality striker.
No, they don't dude. No, they don't.

Without trying to come across as overly negative, it is extremely unrealistic to think that a team that is still building 2 years in is a legitimate contender for the CL title. Getting out of the group statges, and even to the quarterfinals would be a good achievement considering where they were 2 years ago.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

Without trying to come across as overly negative, it is extremely unrealistic to think that a team that is still building 2 years in is a legitimate contender for the CL title. Getting out of the group statges, and even to the quarterfinals would be a good achievement considering where they were 2 years ago.
sergi pls

no one would have though we were going to dominate seria going undefeated playing great football.

i expect us to great in the cl.... as long as conte's ban is removed

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Gianluca Di Marzio: "Juve is negotiating with United for Berbatov."

Assault on Berbatov. Juventus is moving with direct contact with Manchester United. Currently, it is negotiating payment terms with the British company. A sign of the will of Juve seek agreement for Berbatov and blow the Fiorentina. club Just the purple is very disturbed by this situation. And now, we need to understand what kind of contract offer Juve Berbatov. All this, with Fulham remains on the horizon, concerned. ... Waiting for further developments. "

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
The less Giovinco plays the better. He isn't good enough for Juventus, I am very disapointed we didn't buy Cassano or just bought Jovetic instead of Giovinco when he was available. And we would have enough left in that case 30 - 10 = only 20 mil (we offered 26 for LOLrente) for Berbatov.
Giovinco is quality, you will see. :)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

Building a team has got nothing to do with how quick and efficiently players pick up a system. Not to mention, the personnel that are drafted in to do so. With the season we are coming ff, I'd say this squad is ahead of the curve and its there for all to see. Had we gotten any of the 'plausible' names, this team would have a realistic chance to do well in europe as there's absolutely no guarantees that we'd get any further in another stage of our project.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

Why not? We went undefeated last season, we have one of the best defences and midfields out there. We have that same core that took Italy to the Euro finals just a few months back. Why not? I believe in this team and what they can achieve in Europe.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
we can agree that berbatov is surely not on the first list of strikers to buy, but he is an improvement.

just search for the trezeguet wanking and the matri bashing, because matri has a poor first touch.
this guy has better technique and a better first touch than matri for sure. if he can stay fit (and it seems his last real injury was 2 years ago) he can be valuable. it might even be ruse to tell man city and bilbao that we are not necessarily needing dzeko or lorente, so they don't have much leverage against us, because in the worst case scenario we already got a striker.

negative points like lazyness and so on count also be found in dzeko for instance who does not seem like the "worker" type.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why not? We went undefeated last season, we have one of the best defences and midfields out there. We have that same core that took Italy to the Euro finals just a few months back. Why not? I believe in this team and what they can achieve in Europe.
Because of Serie A not being anything like as strong as it used to be.

Also, Juve really don't have much CL experience.

Juve might do okay, but I'd put more money on them struggling.

Probably not to the extent that Dortmund did, but I won't expect much from Juve this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)