Didier Deschamps (8 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
oh and i guess its didi's fault that he hasnt won the title yet? or it was didi's fault we were in serie B in the first place, just be f*cking grateful we didnt get some fool like zaccheroni, its barely half a season gone and u expected the serie B title already, mourinho brings no guarantee's unless it involves mass ammounts of money, and for ur info yes i think we are playing well under didi, prob the best football ive seen from juve since the lippi era.

i want mourinho at juve as much as a straight man wants sex with another guy
It´s Inter´s fault we are in Serie B :rolleyes:

Don´t twist my words, I said I´m doubtful over DD, of course he deserves a chance.

And about this bolded sentence just :rofl2:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Think it is pretty unfair on DD to have to listen to rumours about Lippi and Mourinho when he id doing a decent job. I think he deserves a season in serie a to prove himself since he came to us when we needed him.
its not exactly a roumer abt lippi bk at juve, he just simply stated that he wudnt rule out a move to juve if he was called upon

Igal

Mar 8, 2004
oh and i guess its didi's fault that he hasnt won the title yet? or it was didi's fault we were in serie B in the first place, just be f*cking grateful we didnt get some fool like zaccheroni, its barely half a season gone and u expected the serie B title already, mourinho brings no guarantee's unless it involves mass ammounts of money, and for ur info yes i think we are playing well under didi, prob the best football ive seen from juve since the lippi era.

i want mourinho at juve as much as a straight man wants sex with another guy
I guess Porto was a very, very rich club... :disagree:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
After venting his frustrations in training yesterday, Didier Deschamps opened this afternoon’s pre-match press conference with a word on the team’s reaction to Saturday’s defeat away to Mantova. “Was I angry yesterday? No. I don’t like losing though, in fact I hate it. We have to accept this defeat but the players aren’t happy either and they’re intelligent enough to understand what went wrong on Saturday. It’s always nice to have a game right after a defeat, tomorrow night we have a chance to get things right straight away”.

There have been suggestions the players were lacking focus against Mantova. “There’s been a lot of talk recently about the transfer market and the club’s future and that can often create a distraction. I’m not saying that’s why we lost, but all the talk surrounding the team doesn’t aid maximum concentration”. Deschamps played down claims the team has lost its way. “Beginning this season with a points deduction meant we had to get off to a great start at all costs. We’ve had some difficult away trips and although we obviously set out to win every game, 100 points isn’t a realistic target. What’s important is getting back to Serie A and, with the physical demands of Serie B, we’ve spent a lot of energy over this first part of the season trying to do that. Juventus have to continually be at their peak but in professional sport, that’s not always easy. The problems we’ve had with injuries and suspensions have only added these difficulties”.

The Frenchman was quick to dismiss suggestions of a crisis. “When you win, people tend to remember the result and not the performance. We might not have played well on Saturday but we could have easily come away with a point. There’s a long way to go yet in this championship and I’m not at all worried. I hope to have all my players back soon; if everyone had been available against Mantova and we’d played like that I might have cause for concern, but I’m not making excuses, we need to learn from this defeat”. Deschamps sees Saturday’s defeat as a reality check for the team. “A slap in the face isn’t always a bad thing. We needed this to wake us up and sort our heads out. We might have gone undefeated this season but that’s no longer the case and the defeat has to hurt. I’m a positive person and I see the loss as an exception. We just need to get back on track tomorrow”. With so many players unavailable, the Bianconeri coach was asked once more whether he intends to bring in any new faces in January. “My primary concern is getting all my players back from injury. We have a quality group here and having started this together, my aim is that we finish this together. Serie B is our reality and until we are mathematical certainties for promotion, it’s better not to talk about transfers. There’ll be plenty of time for that later, what happens between now and the 10th June is what really counts”.

The coach gave an overview of the players (un)available for tomorrow’s clash. “Palladino trained yesterday, so we’ll see how he does today. Unfortunately Zanetti, Giannichedda and Marchionni are still not ready. Gigi was feeling better yesterday but time is running out; if he’s up to it he’ll play. Camoranesi will certainly be involved, albeit not for the full ninety minutes”. Then a word on possible formations. “With everyone available I prefer a 4-4-2 as it gives us balance across the park. That becomes rather more complicated with injuries and suspensions, and on Saturday I switched things around as I just didn’t have any natural wingers fit to play”.

The Frenchman then ended the conference with an overview of the opposition. “Like all teams in Serie B, Cesena are a physical outfit. They have tall players, they defend well and with Papa Waigo and Lazzari on the flanks, they cause problems on the counter-attack. Pellé is a good target man, and although they’ve lost Pestrin, they have quality in midfield in the shape of Salvetti. I don’t expect them to defend high up the pitch so we’ll have to be wary of them on the break”.
------------------------------------------------------

Cool, all Juventini do, Didier, all of us hate losing. Time to kick ass, seriously.

Forza Juve !!!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
It´s Inter´s fault we are in Serie B :rolleyes:

Don´t twist my words, I said I´m doubtful over DD, of course he deserves a chance.

And about this bolded sentence just :rofl2:
well im sorry but some of us found it hard to stay awake to capello's attractive style of play launching long balls and ultra defensive play.

didi has brought an attractive style to our game, if u fail to see that, then u really need to make an effort to find juve streams

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I'll have to agree here, as a style of our play(forget the last 2games), Is by mile better than Capello's style when he was over.

Capello's football style was the most boring I've seen since I started following football.

Igal

Mar 8, 2004
but then porto had better players than the rest of the portugese league which is as good as the current state of serie A, and as much pedigree
I meant Porto in the Champions League more than in the local league. They did have good players, yet they used team play more than individual play and that's all coach.

I'll have to agree here, as a style of our play(forget the last 2games), Is by mile better than Capello's style when he was over.

Capello's football style was the most boring I've seen since I started following football.
Not that I disagree, I do agree that our style of play now is much more attractive than in Capello's era, but I was wondering, how come there was such difference between Capello's Roma, with its fast and attractive football, and Capello's Juve, with its slow, defensive, based on long balls football?

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
well im sorry but some of us found it hard to stay awake to capello's attractive style of play launching long balls and ultra defensive play.

didi has brought an attractive style to our game, if u fail to see that, then u really need to make an effort to find juve streams
I agree also DD'S style of play is very entertaining to watch unlike that jackass crapello. Look at what the spanish press are saying about the real madrid's win over the weekend. They are saying his team are playing like an Italian side with it's defensive play and lack of creativity in the midfield. To me that sounds more like crapello's brand of play than an Italian style.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
DD blames market distraction Monday 15 January, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus boss Didier Deschamps believes that his players have been distracted by all of the transfer speculation surrounding the club.

The Bianconeri suffered their first ever Serie B defeat against Mantova on Saturday and have already returned to training in view of Tuesday’s clash with Cesena.

The match was originally scheduled for Week 16, but was postponed after the tragic accident involving two youth team players.

“There has been a lot of talk recently about the transfer market and the club’s future, and that can often be a distraction,” said Deschamps in his pre-match Press conference on Monday.

“I’m not saying that’s why we lost, but all the talk surrounding the team doesn’t help us maintain concentration.

“What matters now is to return to Serie A, but we have used a lot of energy over this first part of the season trying to do that,” added the former Monaco tactician.

“Juventus have to continually be at their peak, but the problems we’ve had with injuries and suspensions have only increased our difficulties.”

The Coach reacted angrily to the defeat and slammed his player’s attitude on Sunday, stating that the injury crisis could not be used as an excuse for the poor performance.

“I wasn’t angry, the truth is that I don’t like losing – in fact, I hate it. We have to accept this defeat but the players aren’t happy either and they’re intelligent enough to understand what went wrong.

“Tomorrow night we have a chance to get right back on track. A slap in the face isn’t always a bad thing – we needed this to wake us up.”

Several players could be unavailable for the match with Cesena, including Gianluigi Buffon, who was forced to leave the pitch before the end of the game in Mantova with a back problem.

“Raffaele Palladino trained yesterday, so we’ll see how he does today,” he said. “Unfortunately Cristiano Zanetti, Giuliano Giannichedda and Marco Marchionni are still not ready.

“Buffon was feeling better yesterday but we do not know if he will be able to play. My main concern now is to recover all my injured players.

“We have a quality group here and having started together, my aim is to finish together as well. Serie B is our reality and until we are sure of promotion, it’s better not to talk about transfers.”

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Wonder what DD would do with our team from last year! Everything was better then the play we had with Capello even tho we had some good matches tho ,vs Roma per example

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
i think some members are overreacting and not thinking what situation juve is. We are in serie B, we have youngsters in the team, we dont still know how many "stars" will stay. Its a very difficult situation, how you can say, that mourinho or who ever would do a lot better in the situation juve is now.

Mourinho will bring expierence for those young players? its the playing time what brings the expierence, not jose or who ever else.

And if we wouldnt have gone to B, we wouldnt have done transfer like boumsong. Yes his crap, but we had no other option, we lost canna and thuram, yes boumsong s--ks and i hope he will not be our starting lineup when we return to serie a. But it was desperate move, we needed a defender, and it was obvious that we wont replace canna and thuram with world class players, cause they wont be keen to play in second division.
Lets see what happens in the first season in serie A. Then is the right time to analyse how could or bad coach deschamps is, lets also see can we bring some quality players to juve during summer.
Its a very very differant season, we cant judge our team the way we judged it when we were in the first division.

Lets just hope we have enough money to buy some quality players and hopefully be competitive in serie a and back in europe soon.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Not that I disagree, I do agree that our style of play now is much more attractive than in Capello's era, but I was wondering, how come there was such difference between Capello's Roma, with its fast and attractive football, and Capello's Juve, with its slow, defensive, based on long balls football?
Good question, I don't think anyone has an answer for this one. However, I think winning Scud with Roma made Capello IMO. Not the Scud he won with Milan or the one he won in spain. At his disposal Milan, Juve, Madrid any good coach with a bit of mind would win Scud or La Liga.

However, looking at our squad last year, It shows what quality of coach he is. Not Juve material at all. He's not able to beat the english football style (L'Pool, Arsenal) and not to mention his boring 4-4-2 long balls tactics...simply the worst I've seen. Even Zeman was playing better football at Lecce that time.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The south American talents and the favorable refs decisions, (Totti's immunity on yellow and red cards for ex) didnt help at all?
the momentary downfall of the great adversaries and the greatest concentration of talents ever in Roma must concern us too...

Roma was always an attacking force and always had an attacking/creative machine to start with, that was the difference between us and them,
our defensive team's material and financial status allowed Crap to create his dream team, he admitted that himself back then...

Roma should have won the previous scudetto, not that!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I meant Porto in the Champions League more than in the local league. They did have good players, yet they used team play more than individual play and that's all coach.

porto were extremely fortunate in the cl that season, going on easy street after a dubious equalizer by benny mccarthy against man utd, monaco took the hard route of beating the likes of madrid.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

thats like asking why he plays raul but rarely ale, or why hes buying south american talents not proven talents like at juve

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

I don´t like Capello´s style either but it was more effective than DD´s and if you think that this style is as good as Lippi´s era, you have to start wearing glasses.

At least Capello brought us 2 titles whereas DD is struggling in Serie B.

Drop the Capello hate on the side and realise what I´m talking about. :pint:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)