Didier Deschamps (9 Viewers)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Some post match comments from DD: -

Serie B Tim - 28 Oct 2006 - 7:24 PM

Deschamps: “Happy for Alex”

“In the first half we made a lot of mistakes. We improved in the second half though and the players that came on gave the team a great boost”. Didier Deschamps was delighted after the victory over Frosinone, secured late on by captain Del Piero’s 200th goal for Juventus. “I’m really happy for Alex. He’s been looking for this goal for a while and with it he handed us the win. When a player like him takes to the field, you can always expect something which will have a positive outcome on the game”. The journalists had a whole host of questions for the coach, most of them relating to Alex and his latest record. “It’s right it should be like this - commented Deschamps - He’s a champion with a very public appeal and this can occasionally weigh him down. But as long as he responds with performances like this, that’s fine by me”. With yesterday’s arbitration and the win against Frosinone, the Bianconeri suddenly find themselves with an extra eleven championship points. “As it happens, I’ve never collected so many points in just two days - smiled the boss – The outcome of the arbitration clearly demonstrates that the original sentence was too harsh. Our jump up the table might have more of an effect on the other teams than us, as we perhaps weren’t as feared before the reduction”. Wednesday night’s clash with Brescia will be this season’s first direct encounter with one of the top teams. “Yes, but now our position has changed somewhat, we can approach the game with a different spirit. Before we would have had to win at all costs, without any margin for error. Now it’s an important game which of course we’re looking to win, but which is still worth 'only’ three points”.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Deschamps should do something regarding tactics of play , the team lacks position and passes , all the palyers do is long and stupid shots

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
yep there is a problem in the midfield imo. But you have to take into consideration, the fact that the teams playing against us r just putting 10 men behind the ball and playing on the counter.

It will always be tough for us,In situations like that. We need to finish the chances we get early so we can get the other teams to open up. Our finishing in those past 3 games wasnt the best and i think that contributed much to it.

Remember that we played against the smaller teams in league. The teams that play for damage limitations mostly.Although they r inferior, but remember all of them know how to defend and will limit u to least possible chances.

But i have to say in defense of DD, our backline has been at its best. Didnt give much to the opponents and in the last two game Gigi didnt have much to do.

My problem with the structure, is Paro's positioning.He should be pushing forward more than zanetti and i dont see that but the opposite.He has a better shoot,passing and vision.So why isn't he being ordered to push forward and help out the forwards ?

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
even if teams are putting 10 men behind the ball , that does not tell why we cant pass the ball and take control and position

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
ofcourse we should but if u have 10 players defending in their half and putting pressure then its very hard.

Another thing is that we r relying on paro for accurate distribution and linking the three lines.But he isnt doing his job very well, he isnt asking for the ball as much as he should.

Anyway i think we will see a better performance against Brescia, as they will not bow down. It will be a test to the whole team and espcially the defense

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Is it possible that DD is just cooling down the team for Napoli and Brescia ??

I mean winning with the least effort .. none of our players is putting 100% in the game ... anyone ??

If not we have a really serious problem .. and i agree with switching roles between Zannetti and Paro ..

Sep 19, 2006
Omair said:
Is it possible that DD is just cooling down the team for Napoli and Brescia ??

I mean winning with the least effort .. none of our players is putting 100% in the game ... anyone ??

If not we have a really serious problem .. and i agree with switching roles between Zannetti and Paro ..
There is no such thing as what u r talkin about!! i m sure before every game he tells the players to do their best! YES we have a serious problem & he must fix it soon. I though when DD come he wiil bring with him Beautiful football.But now i dont even want to see beautiful football all i want to seee is an agressive Juve not that team that strugllesd to teams that we never heard about!!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
cooling down the team for Napoli and Brescia ??
i dont think so , the problem is that there is something wrong in midfield which suppose to link defence with attack
the team lacks position and passes , all the palyers do is long and stupid shots

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Philipp00 said:
It is hard to make the game against this teams. Their priority is to destroy our game.

That makes sense, but Juve has to be more aggressive and more attacking.

We have players capable of that, and that will result in panic defending of the opposition and more chances to make a mistake.

And we should really start looking for some winter signings.:agree:

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
mark83 said:
That makes sense, but Juve has to be more aggressive and more attacking.

We have players capable of that, and that will result in panic defending of the opposition and more chances to make a mistake.

And we should really start looking for some winter signings.:agree:

a little bit more creativity in midfield would be great.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
sateeh said:
yep there is a problem in the midfield imo. But you have to take into consideration, the fact that the teams playing against us r just putting 10 men behind the ball and playing on the counter.

It will always be tough for us,In situations like that. We need to finish the chances we get early so we can get the other teams to open up. Our finishing in those past 3 games wasnt the best and i think that contributed much to it.

Remember that we played against the smaller teams in league. The teams that play for damage limitations mostly.Although they r inferior, but remember all of them know how to defend and will limit u to least possible chances.

But i have to say in defense of DD, our backline has been at its best. Didnt give much to the opponents and in the last two game Gigi didnt have much to do.

My problem with the structure, is Paro's positioning.He should be pushing forward more than zanetti and i dont see that but the opposite.He has a better shoot,passing and vision.So why isn't he being ordered to push forward and help out the forwards ?
:agree: Paro would be happier playing a more attacking midfield role than defence-midfield one IMO. DD should tell him to play that way.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
rscafan said:
Marchionni to LW and Nedved to central midfield might help for now.
i think we should keep neddy on the wing and let paro slowly work and feel his way into the cm until he is comfortable. marchionni can help in the middle and camo on his wing.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Didier Deschamps non si nasconde: "Ci sono ancora 7-8 partite prima di Natale e si può sperare di fare bene. In testa per Natale? Anche prima se fosse possibile. Il Brescia e' una squadra con una base tecnica elevata. Curano molto il possesso palla e giocano a calcio anche se nell'ultima partita si sono un pò chiusi, forse perchè arrivavano da due sconfitte consecutive e non volevano rischiare".

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Philipp00 said:
It is hard to make the game against this teams. Their priority is to destroy our game.
yea but it has always been like that...serie A/B even UCL...it cannot be an excuse to play poor football

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
DD's pre-match comments: -

Serie B Tim - 31 Oct 2006 - 4:38 PM/ Juventus.com

Deschamps: “It’s time to impose our game again”

On the eve of the clash with Brescia, Didier Deschamps spoke to the press about Wednesday’s line-up, in particular the centre of midfield where he will have to do without Giannichedda (injured) and Zanetti (suspended). “I have two or three possibilities with Marchisio, Camoranesi and also Nedved. I generally prefer players to play in the positions in which they are most comfortable. Camoranesi, for example, has always played well in the middle when called upon, but he is naturally a winger”. The journalists pointed out that the only true central midfielder available is Marchisio, the youngster who made his debut just this Saturday. “Age – replied Deschamps – is not a criterion for deciding who plays or who doesn’t play. Great players can be 18 or 23. It’s true that Juventus has certain requirements, but the fact Marchisio is here demonstrates he has the necessary ability. He’s a good player. He needs to grow still, but he has an interesting future”. That’s all the Bianconeri coach was willing to give away about tomorrow’s line-up, apart from confirming Del Piero’s place in the starting eleven, “given that he was rested on Saturday, having not been on top form during the week”.

Deschamps then spoke about the condition of his team. “I’m unhappy we haven’t been playing as well as we should have, even if we have come out on top when things haven’t been going our way. We need to rediscover certain things if we’re going to get back to imposing our game again. We didn’t sparkle over the last few games and our attitude was also lacking in aggression and nastiness, which in turn led to us leaving too much space for the opposition to exploit”. Deschamps then spoke about Brescia. “They have good qualities, especially up front. I don’t know whether they will sit back and hit us on the break or whether they will try something different. We’ll see tomorrow”.

On Wednesday 1st November the club celebrates its 109th birthday. “There is a culture of the past in Italy which I like very much. It’s also important for the new arrivals to see the champions who have created the history of this club”.

It's clear he is aware of the way the team is playing.
Why do they translate cativiera as nastiness, when they really mean toughness?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)