Del Piero: To start on the pitch or on the bench. (1 Viewer)

How should he start?

• On the pitch

• On the bench

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
its horrible to say but at the moment he has to start from the bench, he doesn' seem to have the pace to influence a game from the start, he dwells on the ball and loses possesion too often. untill he finds his form it would be batter for the TEAM if he started from the bench. his talents can influence the game later on when he's fresh and others around him are tired as he will have more time on the ball.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Bench Del Piero that's how you get the best out of him, just like two seasons ago. I remember some fool opened a thread that day and show the old threads when some members asked Del Piero to be benched, he did it when he was top form, where is he now? This is the problem with Del Piero, he is not on form consistently, but when he is on bench he gives more to the game, he tries his best to take back his seed. So it is better for both parties, bot sides need each others..

and as for the captaincy thing, make Nedved the captain, no one deserves it more than him!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Oh if it goes as far to choosing a new Cap, then Buffon over Nedved for sure. One is always on form, calm, and young. The other can be a headless chicken at times :D

PS Burke, in your fuckin' dreams :D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It is wiser to start him on the pitch, because sometimes he gets tired sooner, sometimes later, so just sub him when he is tired, same goes for the rest, DP is still a starter, everybody has on and off form period, this is were the rotation helps to rest some players and take the maximum from everybodyI dont think DP reacts well when he has the sub status, but he can handle it, the team cant though, he is our captain and as long as he is there, he has a double role, our team lacks cohesion and morality without him.
When we use a 3 man attack DP has to be on of those 3 and Treze too!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
As a general principle DP should start. However that has to be reviewed game by game depending on the opposition, his form, his physical condition and the form of other players.

In short, it depends.

Sep 2, 2004
Bench Del Piero that's how you get the best out of him, just like two seasons ago. I remember some fool opened a thread that day and show the old threads when some members asked Del Piero to be benched, he did it when he was top form, where is he now? This is the problem with Del Piero, he is not on form consistently, but when he is on bench he gives more to the game, he tries his best to take back his seed. So it is better for both parties, bot sides need each others..

and as for the captaincy thing, make Nedved the captain, no one deserves it more than him!
great post

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #35
    hi juve red How are you? What did you think of the result today? I think it was a very good one indeed!
    You are back from a ban and you know you got banned for trolling and following juve_red from thread to thread just to throw shit about his team.

Do you want to get banned again? Discuss Scottish football in its appropriate thread, I ask you kindly.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
    Aug 22, 2006
    I guess Alex should start and get substituted when he get tired or doesnt deliver, no matter which minute it is...
    it wont be a bad idea to bench him from time to time, as this will charge his battery and give hope to Palladino as well!

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Del Piero should start most of the matches. He still has more quality to offer than people he's "blocking" (Palladino).
    If he's fading away after an hour of football, replace him. And start Palladino instead of Ale every 3-4 matches.

From next season on he might start from the bench.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003

Now this I disagree with. Two seasons ago Del Piero should have started a lot more. He will also naturally remain our captain. He's Juventus personified.

It might be a good idea to play him for 60 minutes or so. That way he can still keep his place and be effective when he is, and we have Palladino as a later option. That solves two problems: DP's fatigue and Palla's bench status.

On the other hand Palladino hasn't earned a place so he should expect to get some time but not a lot.
    I'd do it the other way around. Del Piero is far more lethal than Palladino, but the latter is very energetic. Del Piero can't wear a defense out. I mean, how could he?

Anyway, Del Piero is still, and I don't even know if that's a good thing, one of our finest players. He should feature in every game.

I just don't think it's wise to make him play full games or 80 minutes. And this is coming from one of his biggest fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)