Del Piero: To start on the pitch or on the bench. (3 Viewers)

How should he start?

• On the pitch

• On the bench

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Lets analyse it. Lets forget he is our teams captain. Lets leave all emotions aside.

Juve Vs Livorno:
Del Piero played a very good first half. Assisted the goal and was very active. Ranieri opt for him not to play 90 min for the NT sake.
Juve Vs Cagliari:
Del Piero was not upto his name on this game. He did have some nice passes. Moved alot better once Camoranesi was brought on. Scored a goal (although was a tap in). Lifted the whole teams spirit whenever cagliari scored a goal.
Juve Vs Udinese:
Was our best man on the field. Was seriously unlucky not score. hit the post 3 times and played 4 wonderful freekicks. He showed great fitness as well. He was playing for both himself and the midfield.
Juve Vs Roma:
Aside from missing out the penalty he had an OK game. Created the chance of the first goal. Tried to score, played a nice freekick. Moved well on the field. People might argue that he held the ball alot at his feet but he was only doing so when non of the players were ready to receive a pass. Still not an optimum game for Del Piero. Fitness wise he was alright, especially taking in mind that he was covering alot for Nedved on the left side.

Looking at the above, he is still not at his optimum performance level but lets not forget that he did not have fuill preseason training due to injury. I also beleive his contract negatiation is getting to him. So they better seal it fast.
I beleive he should be a starter for Juventus. He is one of the few players who can make a difference. he lifts up the spirit of the whole team when he plays.. Players like that should always start if fit. His age on the other hand is a slight issue. Ranieri should use him wisely. Every few game he should be rested on the bench especially if an important game is yet a head.

Nedved on the other hand, should get more resting time... If only Tiago and Almiron can realise that it is time to start playing football.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
To be short, Ranieri put it in the best way possible a few weeks back:

"I'd rather see less of Del Piero, in order to get the whole Del Piero"
did he really say that or it is your quote? Whoever quote that it is, I agree completely with it.

Dec 26, 2004
And what's with this 60min and 30min??? We're not a bowling team here.

If Del Piero doesn't performe he should be sub, If Trezeguet doesn't performe he should be sub, Nedved, Iaquinta, Camoranesi....Everyone.

It's not like you're booking in a rest to say what min he should be sub, If he performes good, than no coach with a brain in the world would put Ale on the bench. as simple as that.

We've had 10's of this threads before and I really hope the lil zlatty's and pro capello fans don't ruin this one.
He will prove all the doubters wrong... I hope we can more of this thread in the future.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
I don't see why there should be a definitive policy on this.

Just take it game by game looking at form, physical condition and the opposition.
And what's with this 60min and 30min??? We're not a bowling team here.

If Del Piero doesn't performe he should be sub, If Trezeguet doesn't performe he should be sub, Nedved, Iaquinta, Camoranesi....Everyone.

Both of you are right

DP is the captain , even if he retires, but people grow old, and DP does, what's the problem in trying Iaq or Palla in his place, we all agree that DP isnt the same as 2 years ago, we cant say that he's better than Palla when Palla plays 15 mins every 3 matches

And For those who love DP (including me), I love seeing him playing but I dont like seeing him in a bad form , and sure I HATE seeing Juve not in the best form

DP should be rested in this moment and see what's gonna happen, he can play after Palla or Iaq burn the defenders

Anyway Ranieri will start DP next match, otherwise DP's confidence is ruined

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Lets analyse it. Lets forget he is our teams captain. Lets leave all emotions aside.

Juve Vs Livorno:
Del Piero played a very good first half. Assisted the goal and was very active. Ranieri opt for him not to play 90 min for the NT sake.
Juve Vs Cagliari:
Del Piero was not upto his name on this game. He did have some nice passes. Moved alot better once Camoranesi was brought on. Scored a goal (although was a tap in). Lifted the whole teams spirit whenever cagliari scored a goal.
Juve Vs Udinese:
Was our best man on the field. Was seriously unlucky not score. hit the post 3 times and played 4 wonderful freekicks. He showed great fitness as well. He was playing for both himself and the midfield.
Juve Vs Roma:
Aside from missing out the penalty he had an OK game. Created the chance of the first goal. Tried to score, played a nice freekick. Moved well on the field. People might argue that he held the ball alot at his feet but he was only doing so when non of the players were ready to receive a pass. Still not an optimum game for Del Piero. Fitness wise he was alright, especially taking in mind that he was covering alot for Nedved on the left side.

Looking at the above, he is still not at his optimum performance level but lets not forget that he did not have fuill preseason training due to injury. I also beleive his contract negatiation is getting to him. So they better seal it fast.
I beleive he should be a starter for Juventus. He is one of the few players who can make a difference. he lifts up the spirit of the whole team when he plays.. Players like that should always start if fit. His age on the other hand is a slight issue. Ranieri should use him wisely. Every few game he should be rested on the bench especially if an important game is yet a head.

Nedved on the other hand, should get more resting time... If only Tiago and Almiron can realise that it is time to start playing football.
:tup:

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
Good points out there V.

Tbh, I'm not that into playing two tall strikers up-front, reminds me of Zlatan-Trez, though Iaquinta is by miles ahead of that overrated Ibra.

That said, Del Piero and Trezeguet partnership is the best to me, though I'd love to see them playing trident with Iaquinta beside them from time to time.

What makes me laugh, is that some people keep thinking that Del Piero is ready to hit the bench. They repeat the same thing when Capello was over, yet Alessandro came up to be the most decent player in that year. And according to stats the MVP of the team.

However, I'm with resting him from time to time, but he's not a bench material player.
C'mon man! Ihate Zlatan also, but no point to fool yourself. Zlatan is one of the best attackers. Ебати издајцата Златко.

He will prove all the doubters wrong... I hope we can more of this thread in the future.
Ohh, you're back!!!

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has the talent and body built to be a great forward, if he gets his acts together and use his capability for the good of the team.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yeah, looking at Del Piero's official thread, just surf around the pages old pages and you'll see a big smile on your face.

Same people who thought he was finished, they wanted him in the first 11 after few months:howler:

C'mon man! Ihate Zlatan also, but no point to fool yourself. Zlatan is one of the best attackers. Ебати издајцата Златко.
I'm not fooling myself. It's you the one being fooled, seems like you get immediatly down for a trick or two.

See, Iaquinta isn't the kind of player that likes to "show-off" on the pitch like the overrated Ibrahimovic. He knows to play his football, he puts it all on the field and is a better finisher than Ibra (meaning a better forward than him) because other than that Ibra has nothing special but to chew the ball.

Ibra is an overrated punk, who never really impressed me, and i'll take Iaquinta anyday anytime over Ibra.

Having someone who runs with all his heart is better than having someone trying to do some Zidane, Rivaldo, Denilson moves when he CAN'T.

If you want to compare the two players (their capabilities, their weakness, their talent) then bring it on.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
What Ranieri meant is that he doesn't want to play Ale and risk him in Coppa game, for him to be full ready for the Serie A games.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
I think,i would be better for DP to sit on the bench tomorrow and only come in if its necessary.Palla should take his chances in mid week games when we need to rest the likes of DP or neddy...

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Ibrahimovic and Ronaldinho have similarity in playing style, that style is totally different from Del Piero and Baggio, for an example. The Del Piero/Baggio style in play is more difficult. I am not saying that because I am fan of both, but thats just a fact.
Ibra and Ronadinho put alot of effort in showing off. They tend to go wide or try taking on the deffender more than once just for kicks. Where DP or Robby's style is to go straight for the goal, if a player coems on the way dribble around him, but stay on coure towards the goal in the shortest distance possible. They go wide when needed only. The dribble when needed only. For these reasons they are more of a team player than Ibra or Ronaldinho. Laters are caught many time trying to show off while the team is really in need for moving the ball faster or passing it to someone else.
I perfer the player who goes to the goal. But thats just me. I think such a player is far more effective.
Thats said, its nice to watch ibra and Ronaldinho doing their tricks while playing for another team. I get to enjoy their trick without the frustration and the shouting of "pass the ball god damnit" .

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Ibrahimovic and Ronaldinho have similarity in playing style, that style is totally different from Del Piero and Baggio, for an example. The Del Piero/Baggio style in play is more difficult. I am not saying that because I am fan of both, but thats just a fact.
Ibra and Ronadinho put alot of effort in showing off. They tend to go wide or try taking on the deffender more than once just for kicks. Where DP or Robby's style is to go straight for the goal, if a player coems on the way dribble around him, but stay on coure towards the goal in the shortest distance possible. They go wide when needed only. The dribble when needed only. For these reasons they are more of a team player than Ibra or Ronaldinho. Laters are caught many time trying to show off while the team is really in need for moving the ball faster or passing it to someone else.
I perfer the player who goes to the goal. But thats just me. I think such a player is far more effective.
Thats said, its nice to watch ibra and Ronaldinho doing their tricks while playing for another team. I get to enjoy their trick without the frustration and the shouting of "pass the ball god damnit" .
... and that is the difference between
"Joga Bonito" and "Joga Inteligente" :)tup:), my bro.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Putting Ibrahimovic in the same sentence with Ronaldinho could be a crime. Ronaldinho is a smart players, he dribbles got the tech and VERY intelligent.

Ibra can never get into 20% of the likes of Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Totti, Del Piero, Rivaldo, Zidane etc....from ball control to passing to one touch ball to dribbling to tech..

and I'm not saying all this because of what happened between capello-ibra and Ale, old members would recognize that i've been saying that even before he signed for Juve.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Actually Ibra isnt overrated , he;s a very talented and dangerous player, he's the best attacker in Inter beating Crespo, Adriano and Cruz,on the other side, HE'S JUST A BITCH

Of course he cant be compared to Ronaldo, Henry....etc, but also his talent is bigger than Iaq, the difference is Iaq is a real man while Ibra is a bitch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)