Del Piero: To start on the pitch or on the bench. (3 Viewers)

How should he start?

• On the pitch

• On the bench

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It is obvious that Del Piero cannot play 90 minutes anymore. Everyone is aware of that.

But that does not mean he is not essential to the team, I still think he is the most important because he always adds on the pitch, in the dressing room and in training. However, I think we should find the best way to use him.

How do you think it is better? To let him start and take him out he gets really tired? Or let him him come in later in the game, fresh and energetic where he will torture the tired opposition with his skills and experience?

what you think
please discuss

N.B Please keep the discussion civilized or I would impose severe punishments

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I don't think we should "sack" him from the first 11 just yet. I mean 4 games in the season, that's not that big of a deal, everyone hits a slump here and there. IMO he may not have 90 minutes in him for every game but he can still play a lot of games. He was one of our best players in Serie B last year, if not the best and that's no small feat for such a physical leauge. He hasn't aged ten years since then... He's not that old to be considered a super sub just yet.

DP and Trez is still my number one attack combination and I don't think his form is critical. However, we should definetly try out Iaquinta and Trez more often together this season.

For the next game, I'd like to see DP rested and Iaquinta & Trez start.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I think the first thing to do for him is to sign the new contract.Besides that I would start him,he is very important for the team and the moral.Did you see him today after he was subbed how he pushed the team at the sidelines:toast:

Jun 26, 2007
I think it's best to bench him and bring him in in the second half if he's needed. He has proven several times in the past that he can come on very well as a sub. And secondly, he's getting old and is near the end of his career, so it's about time we slowly get used to play without him. The same goes for Nedved imo, of course provided that there is adequate replacement.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
i think at the moment iaquinta is in better form and i'd go with him to partner trez, but i wudnt say that means dp cant start ever, just not at this time, wen dp comes off the bench hungry he can be devastating!!

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I think our Capitano should come from bench and he has more advantage , because the opponent is more tired. And he can play till the last minutes without thinking he would be replaced.

if he came in 2nd half, he can give boost when we are in stuck condition.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Del Piero needs to be rested.Like Jack said,not playing 90 minutes doesnt mean that he isnt essential to the team.I think Ranieri should play him a bit like Capello did in his last season with us,without leaving a bad flavour in his mouth obviously.Del Piero was great that season.He should get the odd start here and there,but im all for a Palladino-Trezeguet-Iaquinta forward line.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
I think the first thing to do for him is to sign the new contract.Besides that I would start him,he is very important for the team and the moral.Did you see him today after he was subbed how he pushed the team at the sidelines:toast:
:agree: I think his contract right now is distracting him too much, and also all the hype about Di Natale taking his place on the NT is putting added pressure on him to perform. He needs a confidence boost and has to relax a little, then I think he can start performing well again as a starter. For now, a little rest could do him good. Forza Capitano.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
this is palladinos chance to shine
he should get the start midweek vs reggina...del piero is not what he used to be..his past his best
our captain he is but we need pace next to trez and with so many central midfielders in our roster and he lacks it

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It might be a good idea to play him for 60 minutes or so. That way he can still keep his place and be effective when he is, and we have Palladino as a later option. That solves two problems: DP's fatigue and Palla's bench status.

On the other hand Palladino hasn't earned a place so he should expect to get some time but not a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)