Del Neri... The worst? (5 Viewers)

Is Del Neri the worst to sit on Juve's bench?

• No, he's not the worst

• Yes, he is the worst

• Undecided till now/can't tell

Results are only viewable after voting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
IIRC we signed John Charles and Sivori after Poopo got fired so hmm..........

stadium cash, Agnelli.......:weee:
BELIEVE
And I just realized that it's the EL qualifying matches we played against Shamrock and Sturm that put DN above 40%. In serie A, EL groups and Coppa Italia he has 36.58% and only Pooopo beats him in awfulness.
Well it's not like Juve wins more than 40% of matches every year.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
very good remark about stalin and hitler. alltough stalin is kinda better in my opinion.
Precisely my point. But hard to tell, isn't it? :D

You guys are way too harsh on Zac, nothing sucks more than getting caretaker job. I can't judge him, as he did good things other places too. But sure I am not a fan..
Caretaker or not, those subs of Grygera for Del Piero in games where we were trailing or drawn simply broke my heart as a juventino.

Great list Alen, thanks.
Mos def. :tup:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Precisely my point. But hard to tell, isn't it? :D

Caretaker or not, those subs of Grygera for Del Piero in games where we were trailing or drawn simply broke my heart as a juventino.

Mos def. :tup:
you are right, but I am seeing those subs since Ranieri.. Ranieri, Ciro, Zac and Del Neri. I wonder who made the worst subs ever, we should have a thread of top 10 weirdest subs, dedicated to these clowns :D

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Ranieri is known for making weird subs that sometimes work.

I liked this editorial from last season (Roma-Lazio) : http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...e-totti-de-rossi-youre-subbed-was-he-lucky-or

Calcio Debate: 'Totti & De Rossi You’re Subbed’ - Was He Lucky, Or Has Roma’s Claudio Ranieri Turned Into A Substitute Genius?
A moment of inspiration from the Tinkerman won Roma the derby. Carlo Garganese hails the impact of Claudio Ranieri since he subbed Luciano Spalletti...

You are coach of Roma and your team are losing 1-0 at half time to bitter city rivals Lazio. You are playing badly in a derby that you simply must win or else risk throwing away your Scudetto chances. What do you do? Simple. You take off your legendary captain Francesco Totti, and your inspirational future captain Daniele De Rossi. Right?

Hands up who thought that Claudio Ranieri had lost the plot when he made this momentous decision at the interval yesterday evening?

The 58-year-old’s 'Tinkerman’ nickname has stuck precisely because of such moves. However, for much of his career Ranieri’s substitutions have been an unmitigated disaster.

Juventus fans still sport the scars from some of his insane blunders of last season. In the first game of the campaign, the Bianconeri were comfortably leading 1-0 at Fiorentina. With two minutes remaining, the Tinkerman took off a midfielder, Mauro Camoranesi, and changed to an attacking 4-3-3 by blooding another forward, Vincenzo Iaquinta. It resulted in Alberto Gilardino equalising and Juve dropping two points.

Having failed to learn his lesson, the next week Ranieri had another substitution-shocker. Having dominated against Udinese, he made a double attacking change on 86 minutes, introducing Alex Del Piero and David Trezeguet for Amauri and Iaquinta. Ranieri completely revolutionised one area of his team. Udinese took the initiative and missed a glorious chance to equalise at the end through Antonio Floro Flores.

Ranieri’s revolution rampage continued the following round, away at Cagliari, when he started with Momo Sissoko and Claudio Marchisio in centre midfield, and then midway through the second half purged this for a bizarre partnership of Tiago Mendes and Pavel Nedved, with Christian Molinaro and Paolo De Ceglie patrolling the left flank.

We are only at week three now. To go through a whole season, you would all have square eyes by the time you finished reading. When it comes to substitutions, Ranieri is like a lottery. Some say he just does not have the ability to read the direction of a game.

But since taking charge of Roma following Luciano Spalletti’s early season sacking, Ranieri has been a revelation in every managerial department – in particular his substitutions. Yesterday’s half time entrants Rodrigo Taddei and Jeremy Menez were decisive in turning the game in the Giallorossi’s favour. The Brazilian, who added a calmness to midfield that was missing from the over-passionate De Rossi, won the penalty from which Mirko Vucinic equalised. The Frenchman, who injected some much needed explosiveness and penetration that the fitness-shy Totti had lacked, earned the free kick in the D from which Vucinic blasted home the winner.

With just four games of the Serie A season remaining, Roma must now be considered favourites for the title. While the run-in is not completely straightforward, as fourth placed Sampdoria must visit the Olimpico next, Ranieri appears to have instilled a never-say-die attitude into his troops in which they are able to overcome every obstacle put in their way. A 24-match unbeaten run is testament to this, as is the fact that the team is no longer dependent on Totti, or even necessarily De Rossi.

The Lupi certainly rode their luck at 0-1 when another revelation Julio Sergio saved Sergio Floccari’s penalty, but all the credit for yesterday’s derby win has to go to Ranieri. If Roma do go on to win the Scudetto this season, then not even a Jose Mourinho Champions League success can stop the Tinkerman from being crowned Coach of the Season.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I remember a match (but don't know which fool was in charge) against Fiorentina, we were leading, and the last minutes he takes off attacking players, and puts in defenders, and we end up in a draw, 1-1 maybe..

Man, the list is big, we could even make Top 100 :sergio:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I remember a match (but don't know which fool was in charge) against Fiorentina, we were leading, and the last minutes he takes off attacking players, and puts in defenders, and we end up in a draw, 1-1 maybe..

Man, the list is big, we could even make Top 100 :sergio:
its in the article Melo posted, Ranieri.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ok, here you go:

Juve coaches who won less than 50% of the matches:

- Claudio Ranieri 49.46% (won 46 out of 93 matches)
- Ercole Rabitti 48.28% (14 of 29)
- Rino Marchesi 47.19% (42 of 89)
- Aldo Olivieri 47.06% (32 of 68)
- Luigi Maifredi 46.94% (23 of 49)
- Heriberto Herrera 46.51% (100 of 215)
- Ciro Ferrara 44.83% (13 of 29)
- Virginio Rosetta 43.8% (61 of 139)
- Alberto Zaccheroni 43.75% (7 of 16)
- Luigi Del Neri 42.22% (19 of 45)
- Luis Carniglia 41.67% (5 of 12)
- Giovanni Ferrari 41.18% ( 7 of 17)
- Eraldo Monzeglio 40.54% (15 of 37)
- Federico Munerati 40.0% (12 of 30)
- Sandro Puppo 24.19% (15 of 62)
- Gunnar Gren ans Július Korostelev 0% (0 of 2)
- Giancarlo Corradini 0% (0 of 2)

All the others have +50% won matches. From those coaches from our time, Deschamps has 69.77%, Capello has 64.76%, Lippi has 56.05%, Ancelotti 55.26%.
Well, that settles it. Thanks Alen.

DelNeri is worse than Ferrara and Zaccheroni.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well, that settles it. Thanks Alen.

DelNeri is worse than Ferrara and Zaccheroni.
Forget sample size for a moment, that is only winning percentage.

Week 33 last year, we had 51 points. This year: 52 points. By that same logic, Ciro+Zac is worse.

This isn't Wall Street math, Andy.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I think Zacc would be the worst performer if he had a full season with us but that is only my belief. Ranieri is easily our best manager of the lot.. Del Neri comes second.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)