Del Neri... The worst? (5 Viewers)

Is Del Neri the worst to sit on Juve's bench?

• No, he's not the worst

• Yes, he is the worst

• Undecided till now/can't tell

Results are only viewable after voting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Of those who rated Del Neri Juve's worst coach ever, would you honestly rather see Zaccheroni or even a very green Ferrara?

Del Neri is a midtable coach, sure, but worst ever is a ridiculous claim, Rab.

alvin_89er

Apr 11, 2011
Of those who rated Del Neri Juve's worst coach ever, would you honestly rather see Zaccheroni or even a very green Ferrara?

Ferrara was'nt a coach at club level to being with, apart from coach some italy U-21's. Zaccheroni was a caretaker, and won a league title at the time what was the best league in the world, Del shit has won fuck-all:sergio:

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I think that had both Zach and Ciro managed us an entire season, they may have done worse.
You are wrong about Zach i think. You need just to look what he did with Japan in that tourney. Japan players adore him now. He also won scudetto with Bilan in 1999. I don't say he's very good or something, i just wanna to prove he wasn't worst. He has at least mentality to win. Zac>DN>Ciro.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I wouldn't put his achievement with Japan too highly, he's working with the best set of players in Asia off the back of a good World Cup and at a team who think winning the Asian Cup is something that goes without saying. His subs were good, I'll give him that.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
You are wrong about Zach i think. You need just to look what he did with Japan in that tourney. Japan players adore him now. He also won scudetto with Bilan in 1999. I don't say he's very good or something, i just wanna to prove he wasn't worst. He has at least mentality to win. Zac>DN>Ciro.
But what does it matter what a certain coach has or hasn't achieved with a different team. I care about what they do when they're with us.

So far, Del Neri hasn't done well. But both Zac & Ciro did worse if you ask me.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
They were all as bad. I woudn't just judge them based on points and where we stand at the table. Everyone had their own horrible runs and good performances. If we want to really judge, we should bas that on the times Alex had to save us from defeat by one of his brilliant moments.

"w bizzabt mitil ma tfaddal akhi snoop belnisbeh lal joz" :D

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
But what does it matter what a certain coach has or hasn't achieved with a different team. I care about what they do when they're with us.

So far, Del Neri hasn't done well. But both Zac & Ciro did worse if you ask me.
How do you can judge Zac if he had an opportunity to coach us just in the end of champ..? And coaches achievements with differents clubs are really important. With help of it you can understand that coach is better comparing to each other. A coach with a lot of titles like Lippi for example or a guy who reached the place of Champions league with sampa? You feel the different? :)

May 22, 2007
There are quite a few similarities actually, with his background at smaller clubs, some old legends retiring the year before, several young players (including R. Baggio, Casiraghi, Corini), some modest players, off the back of a mediocre season.
Delneri hasn't had a record as bad as Maifredi thankfully.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

:tup:

And I don't think that anyone here is old enough to be making claims like this anyway.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #34

Name me someone other than Ferrara who had zero experience as coach that is worse than Del Neri? (Juve coaches of course).

I checked the last coaches Juve had from 60's up until now and I surfed around lot of statistics and many other things, Del Neri is on top two. No two ways about it.

Del Neri with one more defeat will be the only coach to be defeated 10x in a season. And the only coach that was defeated at home (Turin) so many times.

Also add to the fact that he plays defensive football, we have conceded 40goals so far, few goals more and this squad will be officially the most squad to ever concede so many goals.

Del Neri is in no way below average coach. He's a disaster.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #35
    :tup:

And I don't think that anyone here is old enough to be making claims like this anyway.
    Claims such as what? Do I have to post our coaches record over the past 50 years and compare them to Del Neri's? You can easily find them without having to be 90 years old to make such a claim.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Claims such as what? Do I have to post our coaches record over the past 50 years and compare them to Del Neri's? You can easily find them without having to be 90 years old to make such a claim.
    Just looking at statistics doesn't really tell you everything IMO. Also there is plenty of blame to go around in the team and management for why the club has had such an awful season.

As much as I hate Del Neri and would love to blame this all on him and Marco Motta, it's not fair.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

I don't agree. Zach was always a better manager than DN, although that's not saying much.

Ferrara? Incredibly inexperienced, but there's nothing to say with time he can't get better. DN is an old dog with old tricks and very little success. Replacing the other two with him is going in the wrong direction.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #39
    Just looking at statistics doesn't really tell you everything IMO. Also there is plenty of blame to go around in the team and management for why the club has had such an awful season.

As much as I hate Del Neri and would love to blame this all on him and Marco Motta, it's not fair.
    So, Del Neri gets to pick his squad, decides the transfer market of course alongside Marotta, plays horrible formations, makes awful substitutions, approaches games in a disaster way, concedes lot of goals when HE IS the one deciding to play defensive formation and tactics and and gets humiliated by small teams....

Who's fault is it exactly?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007

Just admit it, you're looking for escape goat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)