Del Neri... The worst? (12 Viewers)

Is Del Neri the worst to sit on Juve's bench?

• No, he's not the worst

• Yes, he is the worst

• Undecided till now/can't tell

Results are only viewable after voting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So, Del Neri gets to pick his squad, decides the transfer market of course alongside Marotta, plays horrible formations, makes awful substitutions, approaches games in a disaster way, concedes lot of goals when HE IS the one deciding to play defensive formation and tactics and and gets humiliated by small teams....

Who's fault is it exactly?
No single person's. There is incompetence throughout the team, from the medical staff to the squad. You think that the awful transfer campaign, all the injuries, the matches where half the team looks unfit and unmotivated is really all Del Neri's fault?

Del Neri is a problem but you are seriously overrating the rest of the people at this club if you think we would get far just by getting rid of Del Neri.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes but we're not predicting the future are we, we are judging based on results with Juventus.
They have been practically the same. Under Ferrara we didn't start sliding off a cliff until December, so even he had a decent first few months with Juve.

I know you think the team is under some sort of wonderful turnaround from last year to this one, but I don't agree.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
They have been practically the same. Under Ferrara we didn't start sliding off a cliff until December, so even he had a decent first few months with Juve.

I know you think the team is under some sort of wonderful turnaround from last year to this one, but I don't agree.
First point, I agree to an extent, but not a response to my point of predicting rather than judging. Second point, pure invention.

May 4, 2004
I voted for Del Neri as the worst.. It's very simple! We had the worst season ever last year.. You must be doing really really bad if you end fucking up (again) the year after! He had his lover from Samp with him.. and in a Serie A like this he should atleast got us 3'rd..

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
This fucker now is the worst. When you take into account the amount spent, the amount of players bought and the support given...he has failed epically.
Del Neri and Marotta was given around €25M to purchase new players. Ciro and Secco had €50M.

Del Neri is not great by any means, but Ciro was truly shite.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't agree. Zach was always a better manager than DN, although that's not saying much.

Ferrara? Incredibly inexperienced, but there's nothing to say with time he can't get better. DN is an old dog with old tricks and very little success. Replacing the other two with him is going in the wrong direction.
We have fielded just slightly more options under DN than we've had with Zac, injuries aside. And subs under Zac were ludicrous... making DN's almost seem sane at times.

And last year we were setting historical bad records left and right. Less so this season, even if the overall results are about the same.

I voted for Del Neri as the worst.. It's very simple! We had the worst season ever last year..
:confused:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
a bad coach would not have been able to get the squad to respond the way DN has after our horror start to the New Year.

with Ciro & Zach the team was completely broken mentally.

he deserves credit for that, the lads are still giving it their all for him.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
a bad coach would not have been able to get the squad to respond the way DN has after our horror start to the New Year.

Good argument. Ciro was clueless on a raging rapids to hell without a paddle. He only got bailed out because our board had to fire him.

Zac played three men back and also stuck to the rigid tactics he knows with subs even more clueless than DN's ever were. If you don't believe me, check the old match threads. I was crying in incredulous tears at some of Zac's subs. It was like the guy thought he was coaching golf.

That said, saying DN is a better coach than Zac or Ciro is like saying Stalin was less of a political terrorist than Hitler.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
is it the coaches?

Ranieri, Ciro & DN all have the similar tale.

roaring start to the season, bit of a stutter, then a complete breakdown in the NY, leaving us limping towards a 3-7th place finish.

I can't say what it is for sure, but there is something messed up in the heads of this squad.

we always had the winter blues, but were tough enough to conquer them...not anymore.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We had a more tepid start to the season this year. The difference from this year over last is that after we hit a nadir of losses and injuries, we actually had a brief winning streak.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
you know what I mean, we were in good enough shape to start hearing murmurs of the dreaded S word.

whenever someone utters that, you can be damn sure we're gonna fuck up.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah. Back when Aquilani says in interviews, "I love this club and want to stay here forever!" ... before it becomes "I think they're going to send me to Lecce."

Max

Jul 15, 2003
All of these coaches harbour a culture of losing. The words coming out of the coaches' and players' mouths are those you would see in Monfalcone local newspaper after the hometown club drew with Codropio in a Eccellenza Friuli tie: "It's not like Monfalcone beats Codroipo every year."

Jun 7, 2003

:tup:

Good argument. Ciro was clueless on a raging rapids to hell without a paddle. He only got bailed out because our board had to fire him.

Zac played three men back and also stuck to the rigid tactics he knows with subs even more clueless than DN's ever were. If you don't believe me, check the old match threads. I was crying in incredulous tears at some of Zac's subs. It was like the guy thought he was coaching golf.

That said, saying DN is a better coach than Zac or Ciro is like saying Stalin was less of a political terrorist than Hitler.
very good remark about stalin and hitler. alltough stalin is kinda better in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)