David Trezeguet (16 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Del Piero is our most skilful striker.
Amauri is holds the ball best(with Del Piero) and is more lethal in the air than the rest(Trezeguet included).
Iaquinta is probably the best substitute striker in the world.
Trezeguet is the most lethal overall striker.

Each has his own strengths and they combine to give us a very powerful attack which guarantees goals even when we have little creativity last season. Del Piero isn't a worse player than Trezeguet just because he scores less, so calling Amauri a worse player because of the same reason is quite untrue. Iaquinta may look clumsy but he scores when it matters so you can always call him the lucky striker.
great post :tup:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Del Piero is our most skilful striker.
Amauri is holds the ball best(with Del Piero) and is more lethal in the air than the rest(Trezeguet included).
Iaquinta is probably the best substitute striker in the world.
Trezeguet is the most lethal overall striker.

Each has his own strengths and they combine to give us a very powerful attack which guarantees goals even when we have little creativity last season. Del Piero isn't a worse player than Trezeguet just because he scores less, so calling Amauri a worse player because of the same reason is quite untrue. Iaquinta may look clumsy but he scores when it matters so you can always call him the lucky striker.
Whoa there....hold the phone....Header....Amauri...more lethal...Trezeguet...included. Spot playing scrabble with your words and get them in the right order. Trez was scoring headers when Amauri was still trying to leave the Flying Donkeys for an Island team that wears pink.

Mar 30, 2006
There is no doubt that Amauri's aerial ability is better than Trezeguet's.
I dont think there is a better striker when it comes to headers in terms of goal scoring. Amauri is better at holding balls up and bringing them down from the air but Trez gets get snap on his headers and has great accuracy when scoring with is head.

Trez will always be a better player at putting the ball in the back of the net and that goes for his head too!

Amauri is better with his back to goal and a better dribbler.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I dont think there is a better striker when it comes to headers in terms of goal scoring. Amauri is better at holding balls up and bringing them down from the air but Trez gets get snap on his headers and has great accuracy when scoring with is head.

Trez will always be a better player at putting the ball in the back of the net and that goes for his head too!

Amauri is better with his back to goal and a better dribbler.
You don't have to tell me Trezeguet's strengths, I know them. For this reason I think it's fair to say Amauri is more lethal in the air. He is phisically more capable, stronger while jumping which is crucial for scoring headers. If you're comparing them with no defenders around, than yeah, Trez is probably more lethal. However in a corner hassle, you need to outjump a guy like Materazzi and I give the nod to Amauri in that case.

Trezeguet is in my opinion our best overall striker, but in aerial ability, Amauri gets the nod.

Mar 30, 2006
You don't have to tell me Trezeguet's strengths, I know them. For this reason I think it's fair to say Amauri is more lethal in the air. He is phisically more capable, stronger while jumping which is crucial for scoring headers. If you're comparing them with no defenders around, than yeah, Trez is probably more lethal. However in a corner hassle, you need to outjump a guy like Materazzi and I give the nod to Amauri in that case.

Trezeguet is in my opinion our best overall striker, but in aerial ability, Amauri gets the nod.
Amauri can hang in the air for a long period of time but has less accuracy and does not seem to get as much on his headers (like power). Goalies seem to catch alot of his headers.

Trez seems alot more threatening in the air. Amauri can fight for a ball in the air but that does not mean he has better headers. He simply fights more with defenders while trez ghosts past with positioning.... they both have different styles but when it comes to the actual act of heading the ball ..Trezeguet all the way.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
Trez, as much as I love him, is just too expensive to be on the bench
we need to sell him, we need the money
if he is fit he wont stay in the bench for too long ;)
if we sell him for lets say ~10 mil.we are gonna replace him with someone like pandev and he will have to pay ~15-20 mil for him,cause most definitely we need 4 strikers and not only 3.so imo not only we shouldnt sell trezegoal but also we must stop all this transfer speculation with our 4 strikers,fullbacks and a regista is all we need FOR THIS SEASON

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
TBH, I see us really good upfront, why sell and buy? Del Piero, Amauri, Trezeguet, Iaquinta. We can't ask for more really. Any combination can work so long we have the likes of Del Piero, Giovinco and Diego of course.

xkorpyon

Jan 13, 2008
if he is fit he wont stay in the bench for too long ;)
if we sell him for lets say ~10 mil.we are gonna replace him with someone like pandev and he will have to pay ~15-20 mil for him,cause most definitely we need 4 strikers and not only 3.so imo not only we shouldnt sell trezegoal but also we must stop all this transfer speculation with our 4 strikers,fullbacks and a regista is all we need FOR THIS SEASON
IMO 3 strikers is enough, since we have Diego, Giovinco and Camoranesi...
If we don't play the 4-3-1-2 we can easily play the 4-3-2-1...

I love Trezeguet for what he have done for us, but i think that know is the time for him to leave, because it's better for both parts...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)