David Trezeguet (4 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I really, really, really like Trezeguet, but he's a risk. He's getting older and had major surgery on both of his knees. And let's be fair: he hasn't exactly been grand ever since.
Weren't those surgeries supposed to negate that risk? As I remember those surgeries were more precautionary than anything else, to prevent future serious injuries.

No he hasn't been grand but it's understandable after such surgery and 5 months on the sidelines. Not to mention he's hardly been played after coming back. Hell, even if he was, he wouldn't have received one ball with the way we've been playing since February.

He's got a few more years in him and I'm sure we'll regret if he leaves.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Weren't those surgeries supposed to negate that risk? As I remember those surgeries were more precautionary than anything else, to prevent future serious injuries.

No he hasn't been grand but it's understandable after such surgery and 5 months on the sidelines. Not to mention he's hardly been played after coming back. Hell, even if he was, he wouldn't have received one ball with the way we've been playing since February.

He's got a few more years in him and I'm sure we'll regret if he leaves.
The one for his patellar tendon was a big surgery and he couldn't play any longer without it. It's the second time he has been operated on that tendon as well and surgeries of that type don't have a particularly good outcome in most cases.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
did anyone ever take into consideration that we had zero to no service for our forwards the majority of the season? i don't have the exact stats but i would assume that on top of missing the majority of the season, the numbers would be indicative that creativity was at minimum which spawned little to no goals. on top of that with our defensive issues leaving playing catch up put more strain on our attack attempting to score goals.

i don't see how his productivity this year can be factored into this equation. the man had a remarkable season in 07-08 and yet that is all but conveniently forgotten

Mar 14, 2004
we had that problem since departure of Zidane. From then till now every scudetto was won by sheer force and stamina,but when some seriously creative force emerged against us(remember Arsenal) we were bamboozled. So as I said,Trez would be perfect for Barcelona or some similiar team back then. And we needed more versatile forward like Drogba....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)