David Trezeguet (41 Viewers)

Mar 14, 2004
even amauri struggled in the 2nd half of this season. its not trezeguet's issue. its a MF issue

Yea,but Amauri was injured most of the second part of season....and when he was healthy,he opened and widened the play,shielded the ball,deflected air-balls and done one hundred useful things that Treze cannot do even if he tries..... he doesn't need to score so his presence can be felt. If Treze doesn't score,you have the feeling weplayed 1 player handycaped

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yea,but Amauri was injured most of the second part of season....and when he was healthy,he opened and widened the play,shielded the ball,deflected air-balls and done one hundred useful things that Treze cannot do even if he tries..... he doesn't need to score so his presence can be felt. If Treze doesn't score,you have the feeling weplayed 1 player handycaped

This guy speaks teh truth.

But Trezeguet is a tough guy to criticise because we can say all what we want about him, the guy just knows how to score!. He has done wonders with a sup bar service all this years... just imagine treze with kaka or messi behind him.....NIGHTMARES.

But im keeping faith that this season, our midfielders will make our strikers to not want more assistances because they will bereceiving too many.

I i just hope Trez explodes this season if he stays.

Jajaj Trez is like a Needed Evil XD
He does shit, but he scores!

lol.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
incorrect.

even if david doesn't score, his sheer presence on the field makes the opposition have to give extra special attention to him. thus freeing up another player on our team to score/create. sadly the lack of service is our achillles heel for the past few years. i mean come on, ADP shouldn't have to do everything all the time.

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
But Trezeguet wants to play and with Iaquinta in such hot form, it is hard to bench him.
Yeah, and amauri will be fit and back on form next season. he is a fast and great striker so is impossible for trezegol to get a starting XI for good right now with his recent performance. well if we love him and want him to be happy just let he go to play with another club who needed a striker in starting line so he can play all the time. and lets buy a young and great striker for the club. Lavezzi is an great option or you named it.

I WANT JUVE WINT A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE NEXT SEASON!!:bigscarf:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
But what if Trezeguet wants to leave? He cribs and whines about it all the time... The club shouldn't sell him, but if he himself wants to leave its a different thing.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He cries and whines according to the media. From what we know, much of his or his agent's qualms are justified, considering how Bettega had to come in and save his deal after the relegation.

Plus we have the Ranieri question.

No need to hate this guy.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
God, Trezeguet has proven himself on so many countless occassions. Come on.
I know u are a treze fan, so maybe its hard for you to see commment of him like this one :D

Buy dont worry, we all know he ha sproven himself, no one can deny it. His numbers talk for him he doesnt have to defend himself.

The thing is that Trezeguet is just so.....special?.

I mean have u seen a lone striker like him before? with almost non-existant football skills...but with incredible sharpshooting skills for scoring goals at the same time?.
I have seen big and clumsy strikers who force their way to goal, i have seen tall and speedy ones with not much technique but great goal awareness.... but Trez .. is just Trez...

He is a football abomination!! XD

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
He cries and whines according to the media. From what we know, much of his or his agent's qualms are justified, considering how Bettega had to come in and save his deal after the relegation.

Plus we have the Ranieri question.

No need to hate this guy.
How can any Juventino hate him? Hate is too strong a word to be used in this context... I don't know if he wants to leave, but I don't want him to stay against his wishes... The coming season he will have to accept the fact that he'll have to compete for a starting spot... I'll be sad if he leaves and I hope that he stays...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I dont think he really has an issue with having to compete for a starting spot. I think the whole deal here is largely thanks to Ranieri's inability as a coach. The thing with most players when they return from injury is, they need to be on the pitch to come back to being their best and Claudio didnt do that for Trez. Fielding him like in the game against Chelsea didnt mean anything. Every player no matter how good or bad, needs continuity to return to their best, and if I have to be honest, Trezegol wasnt given that opportunity this term. I cant even say that it was for the good of the team knowing what his numbers have been like after all these years.

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
But Iaquinta is scoring goals for fun. Iaquinta saw his chance and took it and managed to get an extended run. This is what all bench players desire. If after all his performances, he still cannot get the confidence of the coach, it will likely be Iaquinta leaving instead. There are many cases of players who are relegated to the bench after their long-term injuries by their replacements who have proven to be good.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
If David is willing to stay and fight for his place in the starting 11, keep him. If he wants to leave, sell him. As much as I like him as a player, there's no point keeping an expensive (wage-wise) player against his wish. However, if he wants to stay, there's definitely no argument for selling him, as we neither will not cash in on him, nor is there a finisher of his qualities on the market.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
The thing is, a player with Iaquinta's ability normally shouldn't be a week in week out starter for a club of Juve's stature. I say this with all do respect, because I love Vinny Iaquinta. He is the perfect player though to have as the first guy to come off the bench.

With Trez, it's a different matter. He is one of the deadliest strikers in the 2000's, an iconic player and one that every team would like to have due to his goalscoring record.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Does anyone even remember the last summer Trez wasn't rumoured to leave us? I guesse some things never change.

In the end it will come down to whatever David wants to do. I really don't see anyone forcing him to stay or leave.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
I dont think he really has an issue with having to compete for a starting spot. I think the whole deal here is largely thanks to Ranieri's inability as a coach. The thing with most players when they return from injury is, they need to be on the pitch to come back to being their best and Claudio didnt do that for Trez. Fielding him like in the game against Chelsea didnt mean anything. Every player no matter how good or bad, needs continuity to return to their best, and if I have to be honest, Trezegol wasnt given that opportunity this term. I cant even say that it was for the good of the team knowing what his numbers have been like after all these years.
Even though he wasn't fully fit, Ranieri put him in instead of the other strikers on the bench... It was most probably the match of the season for us and he put Trez in there instead of Amauri... Ranieri gave him the chance, he didn't take it... If he had kept his mouth shut instead of going to the media about it, he certainly would have got more chances... We went back to playing with two strikers after that game, and IQ was in hot form... no coach would bench a player in hot form unless there was a change in tactics... Trezeguet ruined this season for himself... no need to blame Ranieri for it... There are a lot of other things that can be blamed on Ranieri...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)