David Trezeguet (19 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
There is a strong possibility of it happening,if Ranieri gets the boot & we have an offense minded coach he would surely cash in on the Benzema rumour.Thing is at his age your not gonna get alot & it serves more purpose to keep him here.Now if he wants to leave for Lyon & we definitely get Benzema,then its a win /win situation IMO.In an ideal world,he retires a juventino & we get Benzema to learn from Trez.
i wish the same thing playa, i don't want him to leave but i want us to get stronger at that position for the future. one thing for sure is that we will NEVER find anyone that finishes better than david. the guy is a freak of nature and its gift/talent bundled into the vessel of one bad ass m'fucka

Selling Treze to bring a new forward would make more sense than selling Iaquinta...
But of course, if we sell Treze, we create the need for a new finisher and not someone like Cassano.
Amauri is not a real Cf and def not a finisher. The Cassano-Amauti duo will create a lot of chances but will finish much less than the DP-Treze.

Unless we really plan to use the trident as our primary scheme...
but by selling vinny don't you think we would get more value for him than we ever have/will?

i don't think tactics will change, players will

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Yes, i also think alike, CR is unlikely to change his formation.
And thats why we need a prolific goal scorer out there and a creative assist-man.
ATM, we have DP, who can create, assist AND finish
We also have Amauri, who can do the same. This pair is optimal IMO.
On the bench we have Vinny who can also do the same in a lesser extend and Treze, who cant create and assist that well, but is a deadly finisher.
Since we use a 4-4-2, we need both of our strikers to be able to finish a chance and at least one of them to create chances by himself, when they look isolated.
Amauri's age, means that he is going to be our main starter for the next 3 years!
So we have to make a strategical choice for his partner.
Amauri can easily be paired with another CF, because he can do the creative job, using his technique, strength and also finish when the opportunity arises.
That means a double danger for every opposition goal!

If we bring in another SS though, someone who is mostly a creative midfielder who is specialized on creating chances (like Giovinco/Cassano), rather than a CF/SS who can also score regularly (like DP).

Then we will have a problem. Because we will have to rely solely on Amauri for scoring.
Which can be really bad for the following reasons:
-He will have to focus on being in a place where he would maximize his scoring chances and will not be able to offer his skills at creating chances. Our team's creative department will suffer.
-He is not quite a re-known prolific finisher, he can score alright, but not at the same rate as a dedicated finisher. Our team's scoring number will suffer.
-Our team generally and our players individually will have to adapt into a certain role. Our offensive choices will be further diminished, we will be forced to use the same attacking pattern again and again. Every opponent will eventually now how to stop us. We will become one dimensional and far from optimal.
-If Amauri falls back to assist our team on creating chances, or just follow his instincts, or because the particularly area he is attacking is well guarded,
then we will have to practically use two SSs and no CF.
That would mean that we could create more chances than we do now, but there will be no one there to finish them. I have already seen this happening and we should move to other way, rather than hiring a midfielder to do a finisher's job (Cassano)

Therefore, if we intend to offload Treze, we should bring in a dedicated finisher to maintain balance and enough tactical choice for every situation!

If we can indeed off load Iaquinta for 10mil pounds and a player and 5-10 more mil euros for Cassano, then we would have enough money to invest in other places and still keep the bulk of our tactical choices.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Yes, i also think alike, CR is unlikely to change his formation.
And thats why we need a prolific goal scorer out there and a creative assist-man.
ATM, we have DP, who can create, assist AND finish
We also have Amauri, who can do the same. This pair is optimal IMO.
On the bench we have Vinny who can also do the same in a lesser extend and Treze, who cant create and assist that well, but is a deadly finisher.
Since we use a 4-4-2, we need both of our strikers to be able to finish a chance and at least one of them to create chances by himself, when they look isolated.
Amauri's age, means that he is going to be our main starter for the next 3 years!
So we have to make a strategical choice for his partner.
Amauri can easily be paired with another CF, because he can do the creative job, using his technique, strength and also finish when the opportunity arises.
That means a double danger for every opposition goal!

If we bring in another SS though, someone who is mostly a creative midfielder who is specialized on creating chances (like Giovinco/Cassano), rather than a CF/SS who can also score regularly (like DP).

Then we will have a problem. Because we will have to rely solely on Amauri for scoring.
Which can be really bad for the following reasons:
-He will have to focus on being in a place where he would maximize his scoring chances and will not be able to offer his skills at creating chances. Our team's creative department will suffer.
-He is not quite a re-known prolific finisher, he can score alright, but not at the same rate as a dedicated finisher. Our team's scoring number will suffer.
-Our team generally and our players individually will have to adapt into a certain role. Our offensive choices will be further diminished, we will be forced to use the same attacking pattern again and again. Every opponent will eventually now how to stop us. We will become one dimensional and far from optimal.
-If Amauri falls back to assist our team on creating chances, or just follow his instincts, or because the particularly area he is attacking is well guarded,
then we will have to practically use two SSs and no CF.
That would mean that we could create more chances than we do now, but there will be no one there to finish them. I have already seen this happening and we should move to other way, rather than hiring a midfielder to do a finisher's job (Cassano)

Therefore, if we intend to offload Treze, we should bring in a dedicated finisher to maintain balance and enough tactical choice for every situation!

If we can indeed off load Iaquinta for 10mil pounds and a player and 5-10 more mil euros for Cassano, then we would have enough money to invest in other places and still keep the bulk of our tactical choices.
i see where you're going with this and i agree

but foremost i would like to see david finish his career here. hence we sell vinny at his highest value (which has to be this summer) use that cash to find david's successor. i know its not gonna be easy but like you said, amauri/dp can create and score, but not score at the capacity we are used to compared to trezeguet.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But IMO trez should not be used always as we tend to do.... because Juventus right now is not ateam with abundanty flair and creativity in the midfield...and trez depends too much on mids and delpiero/amauri....and if no one else passes the ball to him... trezeguets becomeanother spectator...which is the part of his game i dont like.....

In a team like barcelona, i would use him week in and week out....cuz he would hae so many service, he will be a constat threat..... but injuventus we need evryone to cooperate cuz we dont have a messi or some really good passers to compensate.

Trezeguet is a force to be feared IF his partner is having a good da...but if not..he become rather useless.

Thats why the del piero/amauri (or iaquinta if one of them is unavailable) is the standard way to go...as it not so one dimensional. Trezeguet could be used for specific tasks and games... more a tactical use than a standard use.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
but all that creativity is useless if you don't have someone to finish and who would you want up there to receive all those beautiful feeds and crosses other than the king himself?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Trez shall stay till his retirement and his place in the team must be respected by other players and coach. For the great part of his career he has given to this team, he deserves nothing less than that. answer is in rotating the forwards, it wont be like Amauri is starting all games in next 3 years, he isnt superhuman nor Trez, DP or Vinnie is.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Atm the we particularly suffer from creative issues, because Neddy cant help much there, neither Marchionni, If we sign a new winger, or use Giovinco, or Camo returns, or our full backs learn how to cross effectively...
Then we can start using Treze again.
Atm since our forwards dont have any service, they should both be able to create a chance by themselves. DP and Amauri can do that, even Iaquinta can do that, but Treze cant. Therefore he is the least optimal tactical choice for a 4-4-2 with two defensive wingers. Not his fault really, thats ours and we should try to fix that asap.
Cassano would add nothing here, he can only play the supporting role, but we have already 3-4 choices for that role. Wingers and fullbacks can resurrect Treze's role in our team. Our the trident!! That would be optimal,
but its unlikely to happen, not with that defense...

Apr 19, 2007
If Gio gets regular time and we sign another winger than it would be optimal for trez. But in no way is he ineffective with the team we currently put out. The chelsea game he didnt score but looked dangerous. Also Camo was hurt for a good portion of last season and he racked up all kind of goals with our lack of creativety. I think it will take him proving everyone wrong to shut everyone up. Why no one remembers his ability is beyond me. I know where everyone is coming from but he is the best finisher on our team hands down and one of the top in the world and Amauri cant say that. And he had plenty of chance to prove it with virtually every start. On top of that you have to look at the partnership up top and with DP on the field then trez will create room for him and they just work so well toogether. No one sees him pushing the offside line and creating space for Dp when trez isnt near the ball. He isnt just napping.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Il CHELSEA vuole TREZEGUET
31.03.2009 09.16 di Sergio Passacantando
Fonte: tuttojuve.com

Dall'Inghilterra giunge una clamorosa notizia. Il Chelsea di Abramovich, su richiesta di Hiddink, ha chiesto alla Juventus David Trezeguet. Per il francese i blues londinesi sarebbero disposti ad offrire 8 milioni di euro. La Juventus ancora non ha risposto, ma da voci di corridoio, sarebbe interessata ad iniziare la trattativa, cercando, ovviamente, di alzare il prezzo. Nello stesso tempo si sta rivolgendo all'Udinese, con più insistenza, per trattare Quagliarella ( che pare abbia già dato la propria disponibilità al passaggio in bianconero torinese). Aspettiamo gli ulteriori sviluppi, conoscendo i rapporti non certo idilliaci che ci sono tra Ranieri e Trezeguet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)