David Trezeguet (20 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I dont condone what he did but I think those are the reasons he went a bit off.Lets not forget any professional club is run like a business & every business should do a year end review on key points.

The injury issue is absolute BS & even though its part of football,our injury list was certainly avoidable.These players are assets & if they are continously injured they lose value.Can the club really afford to be paying salaries while players are out?

As for the last two transfer campaigns they werent that great & although we did achieve excellent results with the current squad it sends out all the wrong signals.Mediocre signings send the message that the club is not ambitious enough to both fans & prospective players.At the end of the day signing quality players not only enhances the teams chances of gaining silverware but they also bring in more money with the sale of merchandise & increased season tickets.

Thank god im not in charge of Juventus because i would make alot of difficult decisions & make alot of enemies.In business when you fail,those in charge need to be held accountable for their failures & not rewarded.Our current directors are too busy trying to win people over instead of doing whats best for the club & most importantly the fans.
the point is though

trezeguet didn't mouth off about any of these things, he mouthed off at being substituted like a primadonna.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I think respect for the directors will come with time. The coach I dont know. I do know if Lippi or Mourinho were our coach Trez would not have said anything. I think our players think they are bigger than our coach and while this maybe true it should never happen. That is just another reason why a team like Juventus need a big name coach who commands the respect of his players .. or even an explayer who can do the same (although I would not want this as they might lack experience).

Trez made a mistake but Ranieri needs to forget this and move on. They have both made their point but we now need Trez in the starting 11 to finish off the season. They can worry about who stays and who goes over the summer.
Very true.:tup: Ranieri is basically a symbol of our current management,capable of doing the job but too soft.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Very true.:tup: Ranieri is basically a symbol of our current management,capable of doing the job but too soft.
but that still does not excuse him from his outburst,it was petulant,egotistical and self-indulgent and as one of the elder statesmen of our club he should have known better

now as you guys all know i am a huge trez fan, i think he is one of the greatest goalscorers in recent history but his conduct here was out of order

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
oh for sure Byron but this sort of thing should always be kept "in house" i doubt everyone was content when ancelotti was in charge, or even capello but any problems were dealt with away from the media. Trez was here for all of this and he should know that the image of togetherness can strike fear into opponents who know that the team are united, Trezie speaking out did not just undermine the coach or the board but theTEAM, and that is unacceptable
You are right, Trez broke ranks. I love the guy but of all the years he spent at this club he should have known better considering how he has seen such temperament self-destruct at other clubs such as Inter. He let the team down and the fans whom have never stopped supported him. I think he was just frustrated after having two surgeries on both knees and missing the entire season up to that point that he wanted to stay on no matter what to show his sacrifices to the team. He had a long road to recovery only to be subbed, I think he was just bitter at the situation that didn't allow him his full fitness yet.

The board does intend to fine him, but are taking their time to ensure the right decisions are made. I like that, they are showing some backbone.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i don't and i will tell you why.........

over the years we have seen many fall-out between coaches and players,usually it was happening at Inter and we all laughed. why?because it showed that they were feeling the pressure, we knew that if there was tension between the players and the coach that it would,eventually, affect performances.
when Capello was in charge he treated Del Piero with contempt, he nearly pushed the man out of the club but Alex didn't say anything publicly, he just got his head down, fought for his place and remained a dignified silence.
at Juventus we expect ALL of our players to show a level of maturity, dignity and unity that does not exist at the other clubs, Trezeguet broke ranks and mouthed off publicly and he should know better, if the club are not strong on this then we will have much bigger problems further down the line
the difference between Capello at Juventus and Ranieri at Juventus is that Capello won us trophies and bred success. Ranieri does neither along with the impotent B.O.D. that backs him.

i don't think its right to complain when a team is winning, because that is the goal of a club.

Way to go Claudio!!!!! Do one right thing in your career as coach!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I was waiting for the dung to drop :melayyanandmessi:

Mar 30, 2006
but that still does not excuse him from his outburst,it was petulant,egotistical and self-indulgent and as one of the elder statesmen of our club he should have known better

now as you guys all know i am a huge trez fan, i think he is one of the greatest goalscorers in recent history but his conduct here was out of order
Yeah but i thought was even more idiotic was Ranieri coming out in the press and slating Trezeguet. He is the coach and he should set an example. Yet his reason was .. Trez criticized me in the press and I think it is only fair I criticize him in the press. That is really dumb. First of all the coach should set and example and just say going to the media will not be tolerated. He could have told this to Trez sternly. But instead he goes and attacks Trez. 2 wrongs dont make a right and Ranieri should have been the bigger man being the coach and being so much older. Trez gets emotional that is obvious.. Ranieri should take a step back and think before he acts or in this case retaliates.

Either way they should have a chat and bury the hatchet so we can put this behind us and collect all the remaining points in Serie A and win the Coppa Italia

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
the point is though

trezeguet didn't mouth off about any of these things, he mouthed off at being substituted like a primadonna.

As ive already stated I dont condone his behaviour it was completely out of order & it should be dealt with swiftly.As usual they take their time regarding pressing issues with this bs care free attitude.

Call an immediate disciplinary hearing,fine the player,hold a team meeting to make it clear to players this will not be tolerated & bury the issue.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
the difference between Capello at Juventus and Ranieri at Juventus is that Capello won us trophies and bred success. Ranieri does neither along with the impotent B.O.D. that backs him.

i don't think its right to complain when a team is winning, because that is the goal of a club.
Although Capello was too rigid & stuck in his ways he was extremely tough & made tough decisions irrespective of public pressure.Something Ranieri obviously lacks.

I was waiting for the dung to drop :melayyanandmessi:
:lol:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005

but ti is ok to moan when we aren't? come on Dru, you know as well as i do that Juventus stands for integrity, and nobody should be running to the press when things don't g their way, that is just not the way we do things

like i said, if Trez had been complaining about transfers, lack of success,etc then fair enough but to go to teh press because you got substituted makes him look like a spoiled little kid

and that really pains me to say that about on pf my favourite players

Yeah but i thought was even more idiotic was Ranieri coming out in the press and slating Trezeguet. He is the coach and he should set an example. Yet his reason was .. Trez criticized me in the press and I think it is only fair I criticize him in the press. That is really dumb. First of all the coach should set and example and just say going to the media will not be tolerated. He could have told this to Trez sternly. But instead he goes and attacks Trez. 2 wrongs dont make a right and Ranieri should have been the bigger man being the coach and being so much older. Trez gets emotional that is obvious.. Ranieri should take a step back and think before he acts or in this case retaliates.

Either way they should have a chat and bury the hatchet so we can put this behind us and collect all the remaining points in Serie A and win the Coppa Italia
agreed, Ranieri shouldn't have ran to the press but once it is out there it kinda makes it harder to ignore. the fact is we really shouldn't even be talking about this as it ALL should have been handled behind closed doors

As ive already stated I dont condone his behaviour it was completely out of order & it should be dealt with swiftly.As usual they take their time regarding pressing issues with this bs care free attitude.

Call an immediate disciplinary hearing,fine the player,hold a team meeting to make it clear to players this will not be tolerated & bury the issue.
exactly:agree:

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008

:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)