David Trezeguet (15 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

See that's the whole problem with you. For me a shirt is about a player. For you it's about the club, with the name on the back being vaguely relevant.
Why is it a problem?

Anyway, of course the shirt is about the club, the player on the back can only be a bonus. Or not.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Why is it a problem?

Anyway, of course the shirt is about the club, the player on the back can only be a bonus. Or not.
Okay then, suppose you wanted to "advertise" a player without drawing attention to his club. What would you do? White t-shirt with his name written on with a marker?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Okay then, suppose you wanted to "advertise" a player without drawing attention to his club. What would you do? White t-shirt with his name written on with a marker?
I'd probably go for his NT jersey. NT is not something you can change.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'd probably go for his NT jersey. NT is not something you can change.
Okay, apply that logic to Emre, or even Giggs. Buy his NT jersey and if it's a young up-and-coming player noone will even know wtf the shirt is. That defeats the purpose.

But if it's Inter people are gonna think "hm never heard of this guy, but he plays for Inter, must be pretty good". Think of it like this: Emre is using Inter :D

Besides why on earth would I want a Turkey shirt, I've never supported them. I much prefer Inter anyway.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Okay, apply that logic to Emre, or even Giggs. Buy his NT jersey and if it's a young up-and-coming player noone will even know wtf the shirt is. That defeats the purpose.

But if it's Inter people are gonna think "hm never heard of this guy, but he plays for Inter, must be pretty good". Think of it like this: Emre is using Inter :D

Besides why on earth would I want a Turkey shirt, I've never supported them. I much prefer Inter anyway.
If you're a football fan, you'll know. I doubt some 25 year old woman that's strolling the street is gonna turn around for a jersey, be it an Inter or Turkey jersey. Whoever watches football will recognise the name on the back, no matter what jersey it's printed on.

Don't make this as if I'm not supporting it just because it's Inter, I'd feel the same if it was Milan or Man Utd. To me, if you're supporting a player, you should get his NT jersey. His NT is something he'll always be a part of, makes much more sense to me, rather than buying his club jersey even though you're actually supporting one of their biggest rivals.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
If you're a football fan, you'll know. I doubt some 25 year old woman that's strolling the street is gonna turn around for a jersey, be it an Inter or Turkey jersey. Whoever watches football will recognise the name on the back, no matter what jersey it's printed on.
I used to stroll around in my shirts (well play footie in them mostly) in territories belonging to the English Empire, where you'd be happy to find people who knew what Inter was. Let alone recognize Emre or Turkey.

Don't make this as if I'm not supporting it just because it's Inter, I'd feel the same if it was Milan or Man Utd. To me, if you're supporting a player, you should get his NT jersey. His NT is something he'll always be a part of, makes much more sense to me, rather than buying his club jersey even though you're actually supporting one of their biggest rivals.
Yes, but this "makes sense" stuff is based on your premise that a club shirt is about a club and an NT shirt is about a player. Which is a pretty arbitrary distinction that makes little sense to me.

Besides, it's not the same thing. Who was Jardel playing for Porto and who was Jardel for Brazil? Everyone knows the former, few would know the latter. Club and NT are not somehow equated.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I used to stroll around in my shirts (well play footie in them mostly) in territories belonging to the English Empire, where you'd be happy to find people who knew what Inter was. Let alone recognize Emre or Turkey.

Yes, but this "makes sense" stuff is based on your premise that a club shirt is about a club and an NT shirt is about a player. Which is a pretty arbitrary distinction that makes little sense to me.

Besides, it's not the same thing. Who was Jardel playing for Porto and who was Jardel for Brazil? Everyone knows the former, few would know the latter. Club and NT are not somehow equated.
I get what you're saying, it just don't make sense to me and TBH, I think you're in a huge minority here.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I get what you're saying, it just don't make sense to me and TBH, I think you're in a huge minority here.
Just like being a Juve fan in Trondheim, it's nothing new. :p

According to the "majority" logic I should have given up Juve and supported prolly ManU. No question there would never have been a Juiventuz then.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Just like being a Juve fan in Trondheim, it's nothing new. :p

According to the "majority" logic I should have given up Juve and supported prolly ManU. No question there would never have been a Juiventuz then.
Supporting Juve and buying an Inter jersey because of a player..nope can't grasp it. They could buy Modric and I would still not buy that jersey. :D

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
After catching the highlights of the Al Nasssrrr game...

Thats how you celebrate a hat-trick. Un-popping your collar.

I hear it will be added into the FIFA 11 game as a celebration.

Dec 10, 2006
Bench Marchisio? Wasn't Marchisio one of the players who played most games last season?
well he played most of the games, but was he really supposed to play at the begining of signing melo?! He was lucky, both of Melo and Sissoko got injured, and then he enjoyed some chances of playing. On the other hand, melo performs well for some couple of matches, but then he kept on blowing all season long. Didn't he?!
That was Marchisio's fortune, otherwise he could have been benched for many games.
Signing Melo was waste of money anyway... I hope Pazzini doesn't go on the same story...

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Not neccessarily true...

There was no secret to the 4-3-1-2 formation we were going to use. I always thought it'd be Momo, Melo & Marchisio as starters.

IIRC, when we had a 'full strength' team, that was the 3.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
For real? How many?

I just may get my....first one this year.

This place has made me a Trez fanboy, honest. This and goal.com forums, but that was ages ago. Don't get me wrong, I always loved Trezeguet, his type of player actually, but the moment that turned it for me was about 6 years ago on goal.com forums where there were a lot of Roma, Inter, Milan, etc. fans there. One of the most respected and hated was a guy called "Italiamia", guys like Rebel and Chester will remember him. He always picked on Juve fans, he hated Juventus, and especially Del Piero fanboys. But he always offered objective input. So one day during his regular bashing routine he told one DP fanboy, and we're talking about real fanboy, to get his head out of his ass and if he really needs to glorify any Juventus players, it should be underrated players like Trezeguet who is pulling a lot of weight for the club but get less credit. That did it for me and I took it upon myselff to make every Trezeguet goal worth as much as a Del Piero or Ibrahimovic assist. :D

Then I came here and saw even more DP fanboys so I slowly transitioned into one of the biggest fanboys myself. :D

I don't know if you needed this piece of trivia, but there you go. :p
This feels like one of those essays you write when you apply for a masters degree or something, you know the one where you write why you think you're a worthy candidate for the program :D

On the topic of football shirts, my first ever football shirt was a Juve shirt my dad got me, it was a Viali one :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)