David Trezeguet (26 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Nobody said that Del is a bad player now. And all of us love Del Piero and we know that he is our captain. But we should face the fact that he is 35 years old. And he may not be able to play so many matches as he did this year...
honestly it doesn't matter how old he is or how many km he's logged on those legs. if he can still be productive then that is all that matters. that was the case with pavel, he was no longer productive and the ratio of his appearances to impact was very unbalanced.

del piero and any other player who remains productive will get a spot in the starting 11

Buy on AliExpress.com

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007
honestly it doesn't matter how old he is or how many km he's logged on those legs. if he can still be productive then that is all that matters. that was the case with pavel, he was no longer productive and the ratio of his appearances to impact was very unbalanced.

del piero and any other player who remains productive will get a spot in the starting 11
Completely agreed. :tup:

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Not much considering his absence & niggling injuries coupled with his age.The thing that amuses me is that some members say sell Trez sell Trez,then what?How much do we get & how much would be wasted on trying to find a suitable replacement.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I say sell,sell,sell over the years but the bastard always stays so I stopped. I think that Juve will coffin him at age of 91 somewhere near the stadium.
i was waiting for you to make an appearance

how much value do you think juventus stand to make from selling david? the returns would be minimal IMO

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Whoever watched Juventus last two games vs Siena and Lazio will surely have Del Piero in his starting 11 for next season. The man was running dribbling in air ffs, aerial backheel pass, dribble past 3 defenders, defending playing as midfielder scoring...

Anyone who wants to kick Ale out of his starting 11 will soap it.
:agree:

Ale will and must be in our starting 11, ofcourse he will be subbed from time to time or skip couple of games to rest, but also the same could be said about any other first team regular player. He is not machine and we/Juve/our coach will rest him when he see that Ale is tired or smth like that, but write him off from starting 11 is bollocks.

Mar 14, 2004
i was waiting for you to make an appearance

how much value do you think juventus stand to make from selling david? the returns would be minimal IMO
It doesn't matter,we showed we can do without him,Del Piero is at his age nad needs a companion that actually can do sth with the ball rather than wait for a goal poach..... we have that now,farewell david.....

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
That's a possibility at the start of the season, but let's realise that Del Piero like Nedved is a human being at the end of the day. And a long season could take a toll on him. It just comes with the territory when you're competing on all fronts in a league like the serie a which lays such great impetus on one's physicality. That's not to say he's not a consideration, it just means it reduces the opportunity somebody like a Giovinco gets. This is probably the best time to throw Gio into the deep end so he can establish a better understanding with the likes of Diego and Iaq, Amauri, Trez or whoever. This is not to question Del Piero's ability on the field, he can still teach that entire forward line up a thing or two, it's simply his ability to endure the yards, week in week out.
I've said many times before, but i'll say it again for you dhannanjay...

If everything was about age, Zidane, Romario, Effenberg etc would have retired way before, if it's all about enduring the yards.

Not everything in Football is about covering yards, setting a record in km's. Seriously, Del Piero has proved himself many times that he doesn't need to run like overmars and r. carlos combined to be affective on the pitch mate.

He makes a difference on the pitch just like Zidane was doing for Madrid and Raul still doing for them. Just like Totti for Roma and Gerrard in the future will be for Liverpool.

Lets try for once just for once when the season ends to stop writing off Del Piero. He doesn't deserve this.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You love it really, Rab.

You'd have nothing to do in the summer if you didn't have to boot Del Piero bashers into touch. :p

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You love it really, Rab.

You'd have nothing to do in the summer if you didn't have to boot Del Piero bashers into touch. :p
You can only respect him for what he does. I don't have the energy and patience to do it and he's been doing ever since I joined this forum. Kudos to him.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I've said many times before, but i'll say it again for you dhannanjay...

If everything was about age, Zidane, Romario, Effenberg etc would have retired way before, if it's all about enduring the yards.

Not everything in Football is about covering yards, setting a record in km's. Seriously, Del Piero has proved himself many times that he doesn't need to run like overmars and r. carlos combined to be affective on the pitch mate.

He makes a difference on the pitch just like Zidane was doing for Madrid and Raul still doing for them. Just like Totti for Roma and Gerrard in the future will be for Liverpool.

Lets try for once just for once when the season ends to stop writing off Del Piero. He doesn't deserve this.

+rep

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
That's a possibility at the start of the season, but let's realise that Del Piero like Nedved is a human being at the end of the day. And a long season could take a toll on him. It just comes with the territory when you're competing on all fronts in a league like the serie a which lays such great impetus on one's physicality. That's not to say he's not a consideration, it just means it reduces the opportunity somebody like a Giovinco gets. This is probably the best time to throw Gio into the deep end so he can establish a better understanding with the likes of Diego and Iaq, Amauri, Trez or whoever. This is not to question Del Piero's ability on the field, he can still teach that entire forward line up a thing or two, it's simply his ability to endure the yards, week in week out.
Well you can report that to the 20+ goals he has scored and the ones he assisted this season. Del Piero once again is our best forward of the season. He has played more than the rest of the forwards. And he kept his grounds all of the season. He was as always decisive in many matches and Ciro's arrival proved that it was a coach problem that was stopping him from excelling in the past few weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)