David Trezeguet (28 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
And Del Piero?
Whoever the coach is next season, I think we would see a reduced role for Alessandro. Not that he's going to be any less important give that he's the crucible that keeps the team together. I think the role of super-sub and starter for the bigger CL games would suit him just fine. But I'm guessing a large part of it also boils down to how much the new coach believes in Gio and giving the youngsters a go. If our shortlist is only of the three being mooted about, then I think Ciro would probably do Gio more justice than a Laurent Blanc.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Whoever the coach is next season, I think we would see a reduced role for Alessandro. Not that he's going to be any less important give that he's the crucible that keeps the team together. I think the role of super-sub and starter for the bigger CL games would suit him just fine. But I'm guessing a large part of it also boils down to how much the new coach believes in Gio and giving the youngsters a go. If our shortlist is only of the three being mooted about, then I think Ciro would probably do Gio more justice than a Laurent Blanc.
I think that whoever coach is next season will do the wise choice by fielding Del Piero as a starter and NOT as a super-sub, a role that is not suited for Capitano at all.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I think that whoever coach is next season will do the wise choice by fielding Del Piero as a starter and NOT as a super-sub, a role that is not suited for Capitano at all.
Nobody said that Del is a bad player now. And all of us love Del Piero and we know that he is our captain. But we should face the fact that he is 35 years old. And he may not be able to play so many matches as he did this year...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Nobody said that Del is a bad player now. And all of us love Del Piero and we know that he is our captain. But we should face the fact that he is 35 years old. And he may not be able to play so many matches as he did this year...
That's what everyone said last year.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
how many fuckin' times have I heard that

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Whoever watched Juventus last two games vs Siena and Lazio will surely have Del Piero in his starting 11 for next season. The man was running dribbling in air ffs, aerial backheel pass, dribble past 3 defenders, defending playing as midfielder scoring...

Anyone who wants to kick Ale out of his starting 11 will soap it.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
That's a possibility at the start of the season, but let's realise that Del Piero like Nedved is a human being at the end of the day. And a long season could take a toll on him. It just comes with the territory when you're competing on all fronts in a league like the serie a which lays such great impetus on one's physicality. That's not to say he's not a consideration, it just means it reduces the opportunity somebody like a Giovinco gets. This is probably the best time to throw Gio into the deep end so he can establish a better understanding with the likes of Diego and Iaq, Amauri, Trez or whoever. This is not to question Del Piero's ability on the field, he can still teach that entire forward line up a thing or two, it's simply his ability to endure the yards, week in week out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)