Dani Alves (42 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Very disappointing from alves but also more disappointing from Marotta. I don't get why we release players on a free transfer all the time.

We should have asked a fair price for alves and if they don't meet a fair valuation we have a quality player for a year of his contract and he goes for free next year.

Not like he's been respectful to us so don't see why we should be any different back.

At least tevez had a bit of dignity about it

Jvcro

May 11, 2017
Get rid of the guy.

I just hope we'll replace him properly, avoiding stop-gaps. Licht can't be a starter anymore too.
Licht is reason some people stress about this. You need on every position first team and decent sub player. We now dont have any of that. But will find some solve...

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Lahm got retired. Bayern will not be that stupid to take player who will also retire or go to China soon. They mentioned some other replace or not yet?
Kimmich will take the RB position. Just a shame Lahm didnt play one more year, then his contract would have expired naturally .. he is still world class :( but respect for the descision, he lost the hunger, then its the best

Jvcro

May 11, 2017
Kimmich will take the RB position. Just a shame Lahm didnt play one more year, then his contract would have expired naturally .. he is still world class :( but respect for the descision, he lost the hunger, then its the best
One of best players on that position for years. For me even best. Kimmich can be good solve for that.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I can't really think of any advantages for keeping a player against his will.

The world of football today is not dictated by the teams anymore but moreso players and agents. Take Raiola for example. If Milan alienates him from the club, they lose dramatically. If we take even 1 or 2 of Raiola's young, promising clients that would have otherwise wound up at Milan, we come out miles ahead.

It's a disgusting reality, but it is reality. Marotta knows this very well. He doesn't burn bridges with any players or agents. As long as we are seen as a favourable destination, for whatever circumstance (even as a stepping stone), then we will ultimately profit in the end sporting wise or financially.

Even in this scenario with Alves. We got him for free, he almost propelled us to the CL. And we lost him for free. In the end, as always, we come out with a net positive. Now if we hold him hostage, maybe we squeeze out one more year of him actually trying. But the risks are numerous and way more damaging.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Why are we releasing him? We are dealing with Man City and we are just releasing him. WTF

Just for the sake of it, we should have still asked for that 5-6m. And cause its City, even 10m regardless of his age.

Why are we doing charity?

You know the issue here is much much bigger. Fair enough Alves said bad words in the media and was unprofessional. But this can also show a different message, when another player is considering a move, he will also start these tantrums to get himself to the new club.

We already been here tbh, Vidal was sold below his price, we "respected Vidal decision to wanting to move to Bayern". I can see us selling the Dybalas in the future for below the price cause he will say "I want a new challenge" and Marotta will say cant keep player against his will.

This is one thing i dont like about the Marotta dealings. Stop selling players below their price and stop doing charity to other teams, he almost has too much respect for the players.

Fair enough Alves is not a youngster anymore, but you dont release him for 0 when you are dealing with Manche$ter City.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

The world of football today is not dictated by the teams anymore but moreso players and agents. Take Raiola for example. If Milan alienates him from the club, they lose dramatically. If we take even 1 or 2 of Raiola's young, promising clients that would have otherwise wound up at Milan, we come out miles ahead.

It's a disgusting reality, but it is reality. Marotta knows this very well. He doesn't burn bridges with any players or agents. As long as we are seen as a favourable destination, for whatever circumstance (even as a stepping stone), then we will ultimately profit in the end sporting wise or financially.

Even in this scenario with Alves. We got him for free, he almost propelled us to the CL. And we lost him for free. In the end, as always, we come out with a net positive. Now if we hold him hostage, maybe we squeeze out one more year of him actually trying. But the risks are numerous and way more damaging.
I guess I'll have to agree with this. Sucks but it's the reality of today's football. Unfortunately we're not in the position to do much. Again, people forget Serie A isn't getting any better and it's not in anyone's dream to play in Italy anymore.

Things won't change anytime soon. Players will come here and use us to get to either the Spanish clubs or the $ aka Premier League.

Jvcro

May 11, 2017
I know much better older Bayern players since Mandzu was there. New players like also Costa not that well but Kimmich seems talented to me.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I guess I'll have to agree with this. Sucks but it's the reality of today's football. Unfortunately we're not in the position to do much. Again, people forget Serie A isn't getting any better and it's not in anyone's dream to play in Italy anymore.

Things won't change anytime soon. Players will come here and use us to get to either the Spanish clubs or the $ aka Premier League.
Add to that the fact Italians are shit in comparison to other countries' representatives for some time now. No more Del Pieros, Tottis, Nestas and Zambrottas. Especially upfront it's so difficult to rely on Italians. Over the pas years we've been very successful but every Summer we a true squad revolution which isn't helping at all.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

And what Beppe is doing is the right thing.

Just look at PSG and the way they treat their players when it comes to transfers. I'm sure more and more players will avoid moves to PSG because they don't wanna be tied to just one club.

On the other hand, we're showing players that they can choose to stay or leave (if the price is right) which makes us a lot more attractive.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Terrible decision to get rid of him.

- Arguably our best performer in the later part of the season, certainly in the CL.
- Crucial for the CL, having a player with his mentality and experience brought the best out of others.
- We now need to find cash to buy a replacement, taking funds away from strengthening another area.
- Sign of weakness.
- Got no money for him.
- Matteo Darmian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)