Dani Alves (31 Viewers)

Juve FC

Jul 11, 2016
And what Beppe is doing is the right thing.

Just look at PSG and the way they treat their players when it comes to transfers. I'm sure more and more players will avoid moves to PSG because they don't wanna be tied to just one club.

On the other hand, we're showing players that they can choose to stay or leave (if the price is right) which makes us a lot more attractive.
There is a difference between letting scum go vs trying hard to convince a player to stay ie: Dybala, Sandro....the way it seems is that the team doesn't even try to convince the player to stay. Oh, you want to leave? no problem, we'll be glad to cater to you. I just wish they would play hard ball with some players. This is why European football is a joke. You rarely ever see this in North American pro sports. To let Alves go for nothing is a p***y move. They should have asked for like 10M and if nobody would step up to pay then let him sit the year.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
There is a difference between letting scum go vs trying hard to convince a player to stay ie: Dybala, Sandro....the way it seems is that the team doesn't even try to convince the player to stay. Oh, you want to leave? no problem, we'll be glad to cater to you. I just wish they would play hard ball with some players. This is why European football is a joke. You rarely ever see this in North American pro sports. To let Alves go for nothing is a p***y move. They should have asked for like 10M and if nobody would step up to pay then let him sit the year.
We only know what Beppe tells the media. You can be your life savings that we do try to convince our key players to stay.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Then he destroys the lockerroom and you have a way harder time attracting bosmans at his level ever again.

And the positive is...satisfaction from revenge or something?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I know much better older Bayern players since Mandzu was there. New players like also Costa not that well but Kimmich seems talented to me.
Kimmich is very talented. Actually he is a midfielder, but he will take the RB.

He makes some good crosses for Lewa + Müller. They will get some nice headers there

- - - Updated - - -

Should've been poisoned
Like I said he should been dropped down in Syria

Mar 3, 2014
Thank god we didn't lose Lichtsteiner.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I'll have to agree with this. Sucks but it's the reality of today's football. Unfortunately we're not in the position to do much. Again, people forget Serie A isn't getting any better and it's not in anyone's dream to play in Italy anymore.

Things won't change anytime soon. Players will come here and use us to get to either the Spanish clubs or the $ aka Premier League.
It's money. If Juventus can continue growing and Milan/Inter's investment can help the league negotiate better TV deals, Serie A will be back.

The key is that Juventus needs to keep growing and staying competitive. If the country's richest team must sell its players, that's a problem.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I guess I'll have to agree with this. Sucks but it's the reality of today's football. Unfortunately we're not in the position to do much. Again, people forget Serie A isn't getting any better and it's not in anyone's dream to play in Italy anymore.

Things won't change anytime soon. Players will come here and use us to get to either the Spanish clubs or the $ aka Premier League.
Don't overestimate. Italy got four guaranteed spots in CL and both Milanese clubs will get a lot of investment while Juve is already strong both on field and financially. So in which direction those steps are? Spanish clubs? You mean Barca and Real as the rest isn't too wealthy.

Mar 3, 2014
Add to that the fact Italians are $#@! in comparison to other countries' representatives for some time now. No more Del Pieros, Tottis, Nestas and Zambrottas. Especially upfront it's so difficult to rely on Italians. Over the pas years we've been very successful but every Summer we a true squad revolution which isn't helping at all.
Part of that is because Italian teams have less Italians playing in the top flight. Young players are rarely played, and given opportunities. It is not a coincidence that Italians are increasingly going abroad for playing time. With Calcio, error avoidance is the biggest priority. Unfortunately, youth make errors, and that makes coaches avoid youth. Also, I find that Italy's best players are severely underrated.

Insigne for example....
I would imagine that everybody here and internationally would say Dybala is better than Insigne by a clear margin.

But is he?

Impartially: Insigne was a better player than Dybala last year. It isn't a coincidence that every player that plays as Insigne's striker has had no trouble scoring. Insigne's performance last year was impartially one of an elite player. But most football fans would rather sign Marco Reus.

Domestic talent can't thrive if it isn't given the opportunity.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Then he destroys the lockerroom and you have a way harder time attracting bosmans at his level ever again.

And the positive is...satisfaction from revenge or something?
The message this cukiness sends has potential of destroying a locker room, weakness attracts trouble. Also this notion that we can always play it safe is silly. You are faced with new situations every day comfortable beliefs and practices of the past have to always be queationed. I'm this case, this was the worst decision of the lot.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Part of that is because Italian teams have less Italians playing in the top flight. Young players are rarely played, and given opportunities. It is not a coincidence that Italians are increasingly going abroad for playing time. With Calcio, error avoidance is the biggest priority. Unfortunately, youth make errors, and that makes coaches avoid youth. Also, I find that Italy's best players are severely underrated.

Insigne for example....
I would imagine that everybody here and internationally would say Dybala is better than Insigne by a clear margin.

But is he?

Impartially: Insigne was a better player than Dybala last year. It isn't a coincidence that every player that plays as Insigne's striker has had no trouble scoring. Insigne's performance last year was impartially one of an elite player. But most football fans would rather sign Marco Reus.

Domestic talent can't thrive if it isn't given the opportunity.
Insigne is the exception IMO, he's very good I agree but we wouldn't be able to sign him anyway. Not many Italians are of this level and the proof for that is the current state of the NT.

Mar 3, 2014
Insigne is the exception IMO, he's very good I agree but we wouldn't be able to sign him anyway. Not many Italians are of this level and the proof for that is the current state of the NT.
That's definitely true, especially of the last 5 years, but I'm personally very optimistic of this new generation:

-Kean
-Bernardeschi
-Caldara
-Rugani
-Florenzi
-Donnarumma
-Pellegrini
-Romagnoli
-Pellegri
-Conti
-Gagliardini
-Spinazzola
-Berardi
-Belotti
-Petagna
-Scamacca
-Chiesa
-Locatelli
-Orsolini
-Mandragora
-Verratti
-Insigne

I remember thinking about this at the World Cup of 2014, and the prospects were much worse. I think the national team for the 2020 Euros will be in particular very strong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)