Cristiano Ronaldo (132 Viewers)

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
So you have to be a CL winner to win the CL? That's quite problematic for us. You have to be a winner before you can be a winner.

Not sure that's how it works. What exactly is Euro status? Winning the trophy lots of times is essentially what he's saying. So we need to win the trophy lots of times to win the trophy in future. Quite a conundrum.

Cassano has shit for brains.
Unfortunately champions league final appearances count for nothing

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
What hes really saying is thst we are a domestic minded club in every sense and we shit our pants away from home. Unless we change our mentality we will not win in Europe.

What youre saying make sense, but we shit our pants in EL too because of this mental block.
The problem is that we did not build on our success in the champions league by selling our key players every year when Allegri was in charge

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I really want to understand this Juventus 'mental block' in Europe.

We are not cursed in Europe like some like to put across but there are a plethora of reasons as to why a club of Juve's standard has 'underperformed' in Europe.

I can only speak for our current generation though as I've watched Juventus play only 2 finals and I can list some of the reasons.

1. Financial stability not at the level of elite clubs although it's no excuse to beat inferior teams, we haven't had sustained consistency in Europe because we have come up against richer stacked squads in Europe. Often you need that extra edge to beat these stacked teams. We dint have that atleast in the early years of the Marotta era.

2. This 'ask to leave' policy although it probably goes in hand with financial stability. Had we kept Pogba and bought Higuain in the summer of 2016, we would've probably ended up winning CL. Selling your best players every summer isn't going to make you a consistent top team in CL.

3. Many of the 'old guard' haven't tasted European success and more often been on the losing end. It's kinda how Napoli has collapsed mentally in the league after running us close for a couple of years.

4. Pathetic recruitment in the Ronaldo era. Pathetic decisions in terms of squad planning and appointing managers. Making senior players too comfortable by giving them contract extensions, recruiting coaches and players with no personality or a solid track record of winning. If we dint have a regression like we've seen over the past couple of seasons, we'd be easily overcoming these lesser teams.

5. I'm just speculating here but management might be 'content' with the scudetto safety net and winning in Europe might not be seen as a 'priority'. The reason behind bringing Ronaldo might be purely marketing, improving image of club(revenue as well) and the league and less to do with winning a CL. Just speculating....

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
So you have to be a CL winner to win the CL? That's quite problematic for us. You have to be a winner before you can be a winner.

Not sure that's how it works. What exactly is Euro status? Winning the trophy lots of times is essentially what he's saying. So we need to win the trophy lots of times to win the trophy in future. Quite a conundrum.

Cassano has shit for brains.
God cassano another of a long line of so called CL experts

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

We are not cursed in Europe like some like to put across but there are a plethora of reasons as to why a club of Juve's standard has 'underperformed' in Europe.

I can only speak for our current generation though as I've watched Juventus play only 2 finals and I can list some of the reasons.

1. Financial stability not at the level of elite clubs although it's no excuse to beat inferior teams, we haven't had sustained consistency in Europe because we have come up against richer stacked squads in Europe. Often you need that extra edge to beat these stacked teams. We dint have that atleast in the early years of the Marotta era.

2. This 'ask to leave' policy although it probably goes in hand with financial stability. Had we kept Pogba and bought Higuain in the summer of 2016, we would've probably ended up winning CL. Selling your best players every summer isn't going to make you a consistent top team in CL.

3. Many of the 'old guard' haven't tasted European success and more often been on the losing end. It's kinda how Napoli has collapsed mentally in the league after running us close for a couple of years.

4. Pathetic recruitment in the Ronaldo era. Pathetic decisions in terms of squad planning and appointing managers. Making senior players too comfortable by giving them contract extensions, recruiting coaches and players with no personality or a solid track record of winning. If we dint have a regression like we've seen over the past couple of seasons, we'd be easily overcoming these lesser teams.

5. I'm just speculating here but management might be 'content' with the scudetto safety net and winning in Europe might not be seen as a 'priority'. The reason behind bringing Ronaldo might be purely marketing, improving image of club(revenue as well) and the league and less to do with winning a CL. Just speculating....
from my point of view .... we are too nice team ....and we think we should be complete to win it , which is not necessary

yes we should follow rules , players train well, spit blood in the field , Grinta ...but we are tooooo nice ...

Look , RM won many CL and many you could find some dirty trick in away or another used through their path

Not only we are too nice but we are the big losers in this competition it says a lot...

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Elvin's posts are an absolute eyesore ffs.

Bye.
A genuine manace atm. Agreeing with a retard like Cassano, someone who has no clue what it takes to win, the required level of commitment, proffessionalism and determination, is one of his lows.

- - - Updated - - -

what does he want to tell us with this statement???

does he want to leave or not??
His mind is already on Cagliari game...

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We haven't been in the elite European clubs for the last 3 years judging by our CL record, but Milan hasn't been anywhere near the CL elite for over a decade and yet they're still considered an elite European club historically. That makes no sense to me, but it's Cassano.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Not a lot to read into Cris’ latest Insta post. Simply that a CL exit doesn’t mean all other objectives are lost too. This is what you expect him, or anyone at the club for the matter, to say.

I remember though that after our last two CL exits, he came up with statements alluding to needing change etc to make things work or something along those lines. None of that this time. He’s probably accepted that this club isn’t winning shit in Europe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
LOL at people expecting

Lol.

People should stop wondering about the lack of UCL success because it so damn difficult to win. There really ain't odds for anybody winning it, you really can't say in advance for anybody to be a "favourite". City has spent billions, Man Utd has problably done the same since their last win and so on. Barca won their last UCL 6 years ago and they're dissapointed after every season they don't make it(just like they should be). There's only 1 winner and dozen's of dissapointed clubs after all these billions that are flying around for strenghtening the team.

What RM did shouldn't happen. They were so damn close to get eliminated so many times, but things just went their way somehow. Ronaldo was crucial there, Ramos of course and of course they had the core, but it still doesn't guarantee anything. It's the biggest sport with the most money involved so expect things not being easy. When we finally win it someday, it feels so damn good that i don't care about the previous x amount of years we failed the expectation of winning it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

I've said this before but the watershed will only come with winning it once. This is a millstone around our neck.

In every sport there is a team who has a crazy loser record in the big competition and until they get over the line it's magnified and a pressure situation for all the different squads of players.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Elvin's posts are an absolute eyesore ffs.

Bye.
Put me on ignore.

- - - Updated - - -

The part about making senior players too comfortable is spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

We haven't been in the elite European clubs for the last 3 years judging by our CL record, but Milan hasn't been anywhere near the CL elite for over a decade and yet they're still considered an elite European club historically. That makes no sense to me, but it's Cassano.
Because 7 is a lot more than 2. Should be obvious.

They havent been relevant for over a decade but are still 2 winningest team in CL. That's the reason nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL at people expecting

Lol.

People should stop wondering about the lack of UCL success because it so damn difficult to win. There really ain't odds for anybody winning it, you really can't say in advance for anybody to be a "favourite". City has spent billions, Man Utd has problably done the same since their last win and so on. Barca won their last UCL 6 years ago and they're dissapointed after every season they don't make it(just like they should be). There's only 1 winner and dozen's of dissapointed clubs after all these billions that are flying around for strenghtening the team.

What RM did shouldn't happen. They were so damn close to get eliminated so many times, but things just went their way somehow. Ronaldo was crucial there, Ramos of course and of course they had the core, but it still doesn't guarantee anything. It's the biggest sport with the most money involved so expect things not being easy. When we finally win it someday, it feels so damn good that i don't care about the previous x amount of years we failed the expectation of winning it.
Of course there are no guarantees BUT the club shall TRY to win it. Bayern lost the 99 final made it an obsession and won in 01, same think in 12-13. Milan got obsessed of avenging 05 and won in 07. Real was obsessed with Decima and won in 14. You gotta keep your good players, add better ones and obsess until you win it. Not have your gentlemanly captains hugging everyone like idiots.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 122)