Cristiano Ronaldo (52 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I wonder what Agnelli and Exor feel about this investment? They thought they'd get 4 years of success with Ronaldo but instead we got less competitive, Covid happened and our finances went to shit and we didn't manage to maximize his commercial value,, nowhere close to CL and Ronaldo will end up playing more games without Juve fans on the stands than with fans.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
is it not mind blowing how ronaldo has almost 270 million instagram followers?

thats more followers than some big countries population like pakistan, mexico, brazil, canada, england.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Put me on ignore.

- - - Updated - - -

The part about making senior players too comfortable is spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

Because 7 is a lot more than 2. Should be obvious.

They havent been relevant for over a decade but are still 2 winningest team in CL. That's the reason nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course there are no guarantees BUT the club shall TRY to win it. Bayern lost the 99 final made it an obsession and won in 01, same think in 12-13. Milan got obsessed of avenging 05 and won in 07. Real was obsessed with Decima and won in 14. You gotta keep your good players, add better ones and obsess until you win it. Not have your gentlemanly captains hugging everyone like idiots.
It can also become too big an obsession, just saying.

Winning the CL is hardly something you can plan, you can only prepare as good as possible and get the right team. Only one club can win it every year, all the other 5-10 top clubs will be dissapointed it wasn't them.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Cassano was the biggest waste of talent...mentally weak and very much an all round dumb cunt.

The club needs to come out and state they can afford to keep ronaldo without it impacting other deals.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

Winning the CL is hardly something you can plan, you can only prepare as good as possible and get the right team. Only one club can win it every year, all the other 5-10 top clubs will be dissapointed it wasn't them.
Thats all we ask, all we ask is that our club prioritiezes it instead of getting stuck in comfort zone and being happy with domestic success. Kovac won the Bundesliga but everyone and their mother knew he wasnt enough. Same for Guardiola.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

But bayern Munich management does things differently like sacking Kovac in the early part of the season despite his domestic double or moving on the old guard like robben and ribery

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
18/19 looked like our best shot, if we had some players available for the Ajax games, that tie was definitely doable. After that we would have tp beat two of Tottenham, Pool or barca. Not saying we would have won but looking at the post Max era, that might have been our only shot with Ronaldo
We would have lost the final against Liverpool in my opinion. The difference in athleticism between the two teams would be too large.

Liverpool circa 2019 was like a team full of Nedveds, Vidals, and Chiesas. Our slow ass team would be killed.

The 2017 final hurts the most in my view. If only we somehow managed to get ahead in the first half of that game, I think we’d have a decent chance at parking the bus and keeping Madrid out.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We would have lost the final against Liverpool in my opinion. The difference in athleticism between the two teams would be too large.

Liverpool circa 2019 was like a team full of Nedveds, Vidals, and Chiesas. Our slow ass team would be killed.

The 2017 final hurts the most in my view. If only we somehow managed to get ahead in the first half of that game, I think we’d have a decent chance at parking the bus and keeping Madrid out.
I think we beat them, they didn't play a team like us that could negate their counterattacking and running with sitting back. Plus Max got Klopps number

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
But bayern Munich management does things differently like sacking Kovac in the early part of the season despite his domestic double or moving on the old guard like robben and ribery
It's because we played like utter garbage and drew against minnows all the time, on top of that we played like cowards at home against Liverpool, something that cannot be accepted in a club like Bayern Munich where it's always expected you're taking the game to the opponent and put them under pressure - Kovac did none of this.

You can argue he might have been right about doing this against Liverpool in 2019, but like said, it's not accepted in Bayern to have this approach.

Another thing is he said "you can't drive 200 kmh on the Autobahn when your car only goes to 100", what a shithead. It took Flick a few months to go 300 with these same players. No wonder he lost the dressing room eventually.

I said it before but Juve got a different approach to football than us and there's no right or wrong when it comes to philosophy. But I certainly prefer the type of football we play, no offence.

This Bayern style of football started under van Gaal as I remember it, after that it just became the way for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats all we ask, all we ask is that our club prioritiezes it instead of getting stuck in comfort zone and being happy with domestic success. Kovac won the Bundesliga but everyone and their mother knew he wasnt enough. Same for Guardiola.
I guess it's because we finally won the Treble in 2013, else I don't think many would've complained about Pep. But him not reaching at least one final with those players was a massive failure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 29)