Cristiano Ronaldo (115 Viewers)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
To say we’ve wasted Ronaldo is an understatement. However. I would sell him now. We need to be doing it at some point. Grab the money and start over again. I have not enjoyed many of our games when he’s played. Not his fault tho. Just don’t like catering for one.
Quag and Krasic tearing up Serie A for 4 months was way more entertaining than this although I do look forward to some Chiesa or even Morata magic every week though.

Individual brilliance of Chiesa is probably one and only big reason to watch Juventus right now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Get rid of this man. The sooner the better. I can't express how tired I am of tuning in to watch a team whose sole aim is to give it to one person. Watching cuadrado cross it in to the box in hope of magically finding ronaldo for 90 minutes is just par for the course in this iteration of juve.
Pirlo said before the match that he knows Porto will sit back and they need to patient. It was obvious we're going to approach the game by throwing alot of the balls to the box, knowing that we cannot break down the defenses like prime Barca. The funny thing in that is that Ronaldo didn't really get any of those crosses and passes, so we never aimed them for him. Im actually flabbergasted we ain't using more of our heading power in the box than we normally do, because it's still an effective way to score goals. By no means we shouldn't play in a one certain way, but trying to do what Pirlo wants with the high pressing etc. im a 2 games a week schedule, while being in a desperate need to play all key players for every single minute is just big time missmanagement. We would have great players for countering as well, we got fucking Cuads, Chiesa, Morata, Ronaldo or even Berna with more than decent paces. Even Rabiot is quite fast and what we do with those players? Playing slow tempo attacking game and when losing the ball, trying to gain it back fast as possible with the seemingly "great" pressing, which itself is quite pathetic at the times due being so unorganized while doing + just generally being out of shape for doing it twice a week. You can see all the best teams in the world struggeling this season and when the trend is to play this "modern" football with the fast turn arounds, higher pressing and alot of 1-2s with alot of injuries and Covid cases popping up(i.e Liverpool, us, Barca etc.), it just won't work out. Only these City's, Bayern's etc. who are working on a way better squads, way better benches than others are able to keep up with the pace of schedule, while having the pace on the game.

The problem is just we cannot find our attackers, no matter what. We sucking at creating the chances, we're playing totally wrong football for having the type of players we have. We ain't even trying to find Ronaldo, we're doing exactly what Pirlo wants and it's totally wrong at the given time. I expect us looking better one game a week, just because we don't have the depth to play twice a week.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
It is a tricky decision.

I think it is easy to forget that he is our top scorer and his scoring rate is still very good, plus he is an excellent example at the training ground. His abysmal performance against Porto is still fresh in everyone's mind.

But at 60m a season we have to weigh up whether he is worth it. Let's be honest if we aren't going to make sensible coach appointments we aren't going to do anything in Europe, so we are effectively paying 60m for Serie A as the CL is irrelevant.

It has been a really disappointing period where we have had Ronaldo. I truly thought when we signed him we were going to go all out to win the CL but we have made awful/naive coaching appointments and our other transfers have been poor. A real shame.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
It is a tricky decision.

I think it is easy to forget that he is our top scorer and his scoring rate is still very good, plus he is an excellent example at the training ground. His abysmal performance against Porto is still fresh in everyone's mind.

But at 60m a season we have to weigh up whether he is worth it. Let's be honest if we aren't going to make sensible coach appointments we aren't going to do anything in Europe, so we are effectively paying 60m for Serie A as the CL is irrelevant.

It has been a really disappointing period where we have had Ronaldo. I truly thought when we signed him we were going to go all out to win the CL but we have made awful/naive coaching appointments and our other transfers have been poor. A real shame.
The most frustrating part is we're closing out a decade of dominance without a European title.

I'm pretty sure most fans wouldnt have been averse to downgrading ourselves and being in a period of transition for a couple of years had we won a CL...

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Quag and Krasic tearing up Serie A for 4 months was way more entertaining than this although I do look forward to some Chiesa or even Morata magic every week though.

Individual brilliance of Chiesa is probably one and only big reason to watch Juventus right now.
We’ve certainly lost our way these last few seasons. The intensity just isn’t there. Weak mentality. We need a real shake up. This Pirlo project I’m not very fond of. Not a fan of this hybrid formation. 4 man defence and an anchor man pulling strings for me. We’re way too open and every time a team runs at us they look like scoring.

Last edited:

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
Last edited:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Cassano:Ronaldo and Juventus are two different things here. Ronaldo is the King of the Champions League. Juve have failed for 26 years.

“It’s not because of Zidane, Ronaldo, Higuain or whoever has gone through. Juventus don’t have the status of the big European clubs, like Bayern Munich, Liverpool, even Milan.

“Juve will always win in Italy, because they have the economic strength, they have that style of football that is suited to winning 1-0 and having the title sealed up by February, but in Europe they always fail.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Cassano speaks like someone who knows how to win trophies. His trophy cabinet must be full of silverware and anytime now hes gonna have to donate several extra CL trophies to free up the space....
We should hire a competent coach first rather than worry a cassano comments it is a cursed competition

Oct 23, 2011
He's talking rubbish anyway. I'm not going back to the 90s or early 2000s because I don't care about those periods anymore. Since Allegri took over, I'd say we performed to our level or even slightly overachieved. We had a great coach but never had a squad that was comparable to Barca, Real or Bayern in those years. The last 2.5 years we've been a collective failure from top to bottom so logically we did poorly in the Champions League. Way too much overanalyzing going on right now tbh.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Haha i really hate when people try to convice me Juve aren't "Europian Elite" wtf are you talking about , we made into final 9 times , and sadly we lost 7 times .
Whenever you play in the fucking final you need luck too , and we were kinda unlucky , Cassano and the rest can talk shit about , but only if we had won 2 of 7 we would be considered way bigger , and i've seen 3 finals (2003,2015,2017) .

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
He is right 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

yes

and no buts

he's every anti-juventini's voice in the media, and he gets paid for it. fuck him and his "opinions"
Precisely because he doesnt have to be nice to us, he can express the brutal truth. Which he has.

Everyone else will say well theyre a great club just unlucky. But the truth is that no one gives a shit about luck.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So you have to be a CL winner to win the CL? That's quite problematic for us. You have to be a winner before you can be a winner.

Not sure that's how it works. What exactly is Euro status? Winning the trophy lots of times is essentially what he's saying. So we need to win the trophy lots of times to win the trophy in future. Quite a conundrum.

Cassano has shit for brains.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
So you have to be a CL winner to win the CL? That's quite problematic for us. You have to be a winner before you can be a winner.

Not sure that's how it works. What exactly is Euro status? Winning the trophy lots of times is essentially what he's saying. So we need to win the trophy lots of times to win the trophy in future. Quite a conundrum.

Cassano has shit for brains.
What hes really saying is thst we are a domestic minded club in every sense and we shit our pants away from home. Unless we change our mentality we will not win in Europe.

What youre saying make sense, but we shit our pants in EL too because of this mental block.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 83)