Cristiano Ronaldo (47 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
If no one gives a shit about the past, why the fuck are we under such huge pressure in CL?

Clearly it has an effect.
Going from the strongest team amongst competition in the league (speaking relative to the last few seasons while we were in them) to at best equal or the underdog would create pressure too, wouldn't you say?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Its not it, it's the 26 winless years and lost finals record IMO.
Next season then are you expecting the spirit of Didier Drogba to come and possess Giroud and propel them to win the Champions League? Or perhaps that "big European team" of yours Milan will channel Maldini and concede nothing the whole tournament? It makes absolutely no sense. What was Liverpool winning the league last season then? Some sort of sign of the apocalypse? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Imagine being a new Juventus player about to play a CL match. "Oh sorry you have to give up, we haven't won this for 26 years." Fucking, so?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
The cl has brought pressure on the club for obvious reasons over the past decade. Now we have the added pressure of bringing the scudetto back to turin.

What I find odd is how is how the 5 lost cl finals are spoken about. We were better than Dortmund and real when we lost to them..we were better than milan in that cl loss as well. So those 3 losses hurt most. But against barca and real under allegri we were not the best team. We lost to the two best teams probably in cl history. We haven't been the best team in europe for 16 years...yet this pressure builds up each season for us to be successful in the CL. I just dont get it.

Mar 10, 2009
It can also become too big an obsession, just saying.

Winning the CL is hardly something you can plan, you can only prepare as good as possible and get the right team. Only one club can win it every year, all the other 5-10 top clubs will be dissapointed it wasn't them.
The issue isn't winning it it's the fact we're getting knocked out by chumps.
Btw you're kinda rubbing it in being a Bayern fan whilst saying what you say. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Next season then are you expecting the spirit of Didier Drogba to come and possess Giroud and propel them to win the Champions League? Or perhaps that "big European team" of yours Milan will channel Maldini and concede nothing the whole tournament? It makes absolutely no sense. What was Liverpool winning the league last season then? Some sort of sign of the apocalypse? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Imagine being a new Juventus player about to play a CL match. "Oh sorry you have to give up, we haven't won this for 26 years." Fucking, so?
We're becoming the England of club football.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The cl has brought pressure on the club for obvious reasons over the past decade. Now we have the added pressure of bringing the scudetto back to turin.

What I find odd is how is how the 5 lost cl finals are spoken about. We were better than Dortmund and real when we lost to them..we were better than milan in that cl loss as well. So those 3 losses hurt most. But against barca and real under allegri we were not the best team. We lost to the two best teams probably in cl history. We haven't been the best team in europe for 16 years...yet this pressure builds up each season for us to be successful in the CL. I just dont get it.
And we got to those finals just like that.

Without even being serious about the CL.

It's just how we roll at JJ.

We don't give a rats ass, but still make it to CL finals somehow.

Now imagine we REALLY tried to win them instead af half-assing around in them.

But instead - we only focus on Serie-A.

It could be so easy :depressed:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
And we got to those finals just like that.

Without even being serious about the CL.

It's just how we roll at JJ.

We don't give a rats ass, but still make it to CL finals somehow.

Now imagine we REALLY tried to win them instead af half-assing around in them.

But instead - we only focus on Serie-A.

It could be so easy :depressed:
The defeatist attitude on this forum any time we lose is the most irritating thing ever.

Disjointed, unbalanced, poorly planned squad with rookie coach gets knocked out of one of the most difficult competitions on the face of the Earth to squad that plays as a unit. Stop the presses and panic.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
The issue isn't winning it it's the fact we're getting knocked out by chumps.
Btw you're kinda rubbing it in being a Bayern fan whilst saying what you say. :(

- - - Updated - - -

We're becoming the England of club football.
Just remember, when we won it in 1976 it took us 25 years before we won it again in 2001. Yeah, we won the UEFA Cup in 1996, but for Bayern was it important to win the European Cup again. 3 lost finals and we lost in the most bizarre way in 1999, sometimes things like that just happen.

Juve are not the only club who had to wait many years between their titles in Europe, let me give you some examples.

Bayern 1976-2001
Real 1966-1998
Liverpool 1984-2005
United 1968-1999
Milan 1969-1989

There's a clear pattern, this trophy is so hard to win. Now United last won it in 2008 and Milan 2007 and my guess is, especially Milan won't challenge for it in this decade.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
We have to consistently win Serie A for the money to build a better team over time, it's also about having a winning mentality. We just keep building, like we say every year a solid midfielder and we can go toe to toe with the best.

It's important to stay relevant, Inter disappeared after their treble while the better teams maybe didn't win but give themselves a shot each year. I don't want a CL if it means we disappear altogether.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
We have to consistently win Serie A for the money to build a better team over time, it's also about having a winning mentality. We just keep building, like we say every year a solid midfielder and we can go toe to toe with the best.

It's important to stay relevant, Inter disappeared after their treble while the better teams maybe didn't win but give themselves a shot each year. I don't want a CL if it means we disappear altogether.
Lololol dream on.
By the team we build a midfield up to Conte era standard, CR7 would have left and we will be only able to afford invisible strikers like Matri and Llorente.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Lets terminate his contract and wreck our attack so we can fix our midfield...

- - - Updated - - -

I just dont see a logic in weakening one part of the team, highly functional one, in order to strengthen the another one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 25)