Cristiano Ronaldo (255 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
He can't play anywhere else except in the box. As far as his general gameplay is concerned, it's eroded quickly almost to the point that he looks like a washed up player. If he wants to extend his high level career by a further two years, he should see less and less of the ball and focus mostly on his off the ball movement and his aerial prowess in the box.
It's embarrassing seeing him try to dribble and do those stupid stepovers against sub standard players only to get dispossessed comfortably.
He's pretty much a Luca Toni lite right now and hope he comes to terms with it.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
He can't play anywhere else except in the box. As far as his general gameplay is concerned, it's eroded quickly almost to the point that he looks like a washed up player. If he wants to extend his high level career by a further two years, he should see less and less of the ball and focus mostly on his off the ball movement and his aerial prowess in the box.
It's embarrassing seeing him try to dribble and do those stupid stepovers against sub standard players only to get dispossessed comfortably.
He's pretty much a Luca Toni lite right now and hope he comes to terms with it.
:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Let's not shitcan him..we offered him that salary and can't complain about his goal scoring record. He is being selfish cuz we are shit and have no idea how to play. This is the first time in a long time he is playing in a team that is massively underpeforming. He is struggling as are so many others, regardless of scoring so much.

We cant afford him..thanks for everything and wish him all the best in his final years as a player elsewhere.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What I would give to have him play #9 in a 4-3-3 and build an actual functioning team behind him.
He hasn’t done this anywhere. Not here, not at Madrid. From what I gather he doesn’t want to play #9. And his performances when for Real in the position were poor anyways. He demands absolute freedom on the pitch. So unless you have a coach with the force of will to bench him if he doesn’t stay central and play the #9 role, not sure what you’re going to do with him, even if you put him in the role. But I definitely agree, he shouldn’t be playing as a winger in a 4-3-3 anymore.

Most likely fix, that allows him his freedom would be a 4-4-2, and with a functioning midfield pair that could work well, Chiesa on the one flank, Kulu/better player on the other. When Morata’s in form, he’d be perfect beside Ronaldo in that 4-4-2. Unfortunately he’s too unreliable. I would be curious to see something like:

Cuadrado-Demiral-De Ligt-Gosens
Chiesa-Locatelli-Aouar-Kulu replacement
Morata-Ronaldo​

unfortunately there is no way we sign Locatelli, Aouar, Gosens, and a Kulu replacement this summer. So moot point, I guess.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
31 million per season. That's the point of discussion.

Stop telling us how he is supposedly our best player and we're nothing without a 36 year old player. One of the reasons he's leading our goal charts by a big margin, other than him being the designated penalty taker and best finisher on the team, is his constant demand of the ball at all times in good and bad positions. His teammates are a bunch of pussies who are frightened to pick a better option other than passing the ball to him. And when it's time for him to provide a pass to an open teammate, he opts for a stepover and a blocked shot.

I can't wait for the time we get rid of his fanboys. Bring back the old Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 243)