Cristiano Ronaldo (85 Viewers)

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I’d love a team full mediocre players that work well together. That should be a great outlook (for CL as well) and a base for long term progress.
No, you can't win anything with mediocre players. Even Chelsea and Porto had some outstanding players when they won CL, surrounded by good players but not mediocre by any means. Solid teams with some magic players like Drogba, Lampard, Deco, Carvalho and so many other excellent performers - we are only comparable in defence but not midfield or attack considering that only Ronaldo scores. We need that quality midfield to make this team work together.

Buy on AliExpress.com

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
No, you can't win anything with mediocre players. Even Chelsea and Porto had some outstanding players when they won CL, surrounded by good players but not mediocre by any means. Solid teams with some magic players like Drogba, Lampard, Deco, Carvalho and so many other excellent performers - we are only comparable in defence but not midfield or attack considering that only Ronaldo scores. We need that quality midfield to make this team work together.
We might not win next year, true. I am not saying that. But with CR here we will not win CL either, we'll just be defeated by a team of medicore players like the last 3 years. In the long term keeping CR here will not do any good. We have performed worse as a team since he came here, that's fact. That will not change if he stays, so in order to have a long term outlook on getting back to winning ways, we need to part.
We wouldn't have won the match against cagliari without him. Let that sink in... Our team is that poor and tired.. kulu and morata were poor..
You don't know. we can only immage what our team looked like without CR and maybe the whole was in synsergy.
The only thing that the Cagliari match showed is that someone needs to piss of CR before each match.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
wait we criticizing that he doesn't defend.

man i don't remember us ever critisizing del piero cuz he didn't put a defensive shift in.
And a hundreds of other greats in the past.

Why are people trying to justify a ronaldo sale based on his performances or how he impacts the team? The justification is purely financial...we have no money and he costs 60m before taxes.

If we had money we'd bring in 3 world class midfielders and win the treble with ronaldo leading with 50 goals followed by dybala with 30 goals.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Even if his wages are a problem for this club currently, and hamper their ability to sign proven, top players to surround him with, that’s not Ronaldo’s fault in the slightest. That’s on our incompetent management for not realizing this before signing him. He’s lived up to expectations easy peasy. It’s our management that has failed him hard.
40% salary decrease and a 3 year extention :tuttosport:

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
A conclusion based on what? We won very convincingly against Lazio without him...
Conclusion based on watching the entire match. We weren't that good. We certainly can't do without Ronaldo for an entire season. Selling him would give us what... 29M? Can't buy shit for that money. The wages would decline massively.. true that.. but we can't buy a WC striker in the next mercato one way or another

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
A conclusion based on what? We won very convincingly against Lazio without him...
But yet we won one game out of the 4 or 5 games he missed with covid vs some the worst teams like crotone and even spezia he had to come off the bench to win us the game which I's a much bigger sample size then one match vs lazio where we should of 2 or 3 goals down in first half alone.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
People really don't seem to understand that CR has an large impact on the team, both positive as well as negative. In most matches CR was rested we saw some nice link-ups between players, like Kulu, Ramsey and Chiesa, for instence the first 30 minutes against Genuao or against Lazio last week. With CR playing most games, we could never test what would come out of those link-ups for a longer period as the way we play is drastically different when CR plays.
You can not state we will play bad without CR for a whole season because no-one knows. The last time we played a whole season without CR we were still the scudetto and coppa winners, and players like Dybala and Higuain scored +50 goals together.
We might get back to that form without CR. But with CR for the 21/22 season, I foresee a copy-paste of this season.
Would we be kicked out of CL by Dortmund if we have not CR? Don't know, but I'm interested to find out.
Would we be kicked out of CL by Dortmund with CR? Based on the last seasons, that's really likely.

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
Keeping him is out of discussion for me. When we don't perform, it's not to blame on Ronaldo.
The only thing is he just should definitely stop taking free kicks. At the moment he still takes them, because we don't have any good FK takers on the field (or we don't know that they'd be good). Another reason why we need Dybi back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 60)