Cristiano Ronaldo (108 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yes, and No. We were a better team pre Ronaldo. Our results were much better when we were deploying Dybala in his proper position. These are facts.

We don't need Dybala to score 30 - 35 goals. No one, aside from Ronaldo, Lewa, Messi, and perhaps Haaland and Salah can guarantee that level. What we need Dybala to do is score 18 goals a season, and the load can then be spread across the entire team (Morata, Chiesa, Kulu, Locatelli, De Paul/Aouar). If you have a functioning team, a squad that works as a unit, then you can spread the risk and responsibility.

We reached 2 CL finals without a Ronaldo on our team. Yes, we had a Higuain and a Tevez, but neither of them is/was at the same level/possessed the same consistency as CR7.
:agree:

Morty gonna score around 20 goals and 13 assists this season in all likelihood. Dybala had 17 and 14 assists last year. Chiesa gonna have around 15 and 12 by end of year probably.

I’d expect Dybala to be in the 20-30 range playing with a forward like Morata instead of Ronaldo/Higuain. If Dybala at 25, Morata at 20, Chiesa at 15 next year, that’s 60 goals from those 3 alone. Which is just fine and dandy in my books.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
He wanted to shut critics up today, regardless of who we were playing.

Some were critical of his abilities which was just plain stupid...no one doubts he has another season or two or great football and scoring. We are just financially crippled.

In regards to him leaving the club and a massive goal tally hole...we would have more players sharing goals...keep in mind dybala scored a lot and won mvp with ronaldo in the team. I dont think that is the issue. Ronaldo will be missed, more so based on today's state of play and the team we have which struggles in midfield and is reliant on ronaldo to pull rabbits out of a hat to make us win games.

If we have a fit dybala morata chiesa and one more and improve the midfield...the team will have an overall improvement. Just without the legend ronaldo scoring hattricks.

If finances were not an issue we would keep ronaldo and improve the midfield and not only win the scudetto again but go a lot further in the CL.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yeah this guy is the problem :lol:

Can’t believe how retarded certain fans and members of the media have been about this guy since the defeat against Porto. We should all be happy and privileged that he has decided to give us 3 (hopefully more) years of service at such an amazingly high level.

Forza Cristiano. You deserve better than what this stupid club has given you over the last couple of years.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Scores 3 goals, still not good enough. Serie A goals dont count now apparently, in a situation where every point matters.
These retards forget that without him, we wouldn’t have won Serie A last season and would be in around 7th place this season.

He isn’t the problem. Constructing a horrible team around him is the issue. And don’t blame it on his wages. A good DS would find young, hungry and cheaper options that Rabiot and Ramsey and the likes to provide the man a better midfield so he isn’t constantly feeding off scraps.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
It can also become too big an obsession, just saying.

Winning the CL is hardly something you can plan, you can only prepare as good as possible and get the right team. Only one club can win it every year, all the other 5-10 top clubs will be dissapointed it wasn't them.
To be honest you are right.

Its time to accept we will not win it anytime soon, and focus instead on rebuilding the team, looking at our finances and try to focus on better gameplay with younger players who earn less.

We need good scouting and good direction for that,

But this champions league obsession is a farce, we simply are not prepared at any level to win it. Enough is enough

That being said, ronaldo is not one of our problems..... the dyabalas are.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
These retards forget that without him, we wouldn’t have won Serie A last season and would be in around 7th place this season.

He isn’t the problem. Constructing a horrible team around him is the issue. And don’t blame it on his wages. A good DS would find young, hungry and cheaper options that Rabiot and Ramsey and the likes to provide the man a better midfield so he isn’t constantly feeding off scraps.
Even if his wages are a problem for this club currently, and hamper their ability to sign proven, top players to surround him with, that’s not Ronaldo’s fault in the slightest. That’s on our incompetent management for not realizing this before signing him. He’s lived up to expectations easy peasy. It’s our management that has failed him hard.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
See it how you like, but we have not been a wholesome team since his arrival and we will not win CL as long as he’s here.
He is a great athlete and an absolute winner, but he will not provide us the CL trophy making his arrival debatable
It’s not his fault. Pointing him out for being the only person to do his job is simply arbitrary. Ronaldo is the only exciting thing about this team, even at his age and with his wage bill. If anything, Ronaldo is the victim of a poor management, the same applies to other players and the coach. Offloading him will not resolve our midfield issues or our coache’s lack of experience.

He is a great athlete and an absolute winner, he provide us the CL trophy when our management provides him with the appropriate resources on and off the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
How many of those 6 will need to be replaced? And how much would it cost to do so?
Gosens, De Paul, Locatelli, recall Pellegrini from loan, promote Dragusin and Depay on a free. There you go 6 replacements.

Except Depay, all those players have modest wages. Very doable imo.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

My dad said it best when he scored the first 'half your team just scored'. We'd be out of the race for CHL if it wasn't for this guy.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
His costs and the fact that he ‘dictates’ a certain game style (like he rarely contributes in defence) makes him part of the problem, yes
His costs makes that we can not provide him with improvements in other areas
Maybe you don’t agree with me but the way I see it:
Juve with CR: bad teamplay, CR makes almost all goals, CL QF is top of where we can get (based on 3 seasons here)
Juve pre CR: wholesome teamplay; decent amount of goals, distributed amongst more players, CL odds better

If you prefer to look on the isolated figure of CR please do so but as I mentioned before, we will not win CL with CR
CR has been invisible more than once, so not just last Wednesday. And not just this season. But that’s OK, that happens to all players, even world class players.
My comments are about the whole period of his stay here and are off course accumulated after last Wednesday.
His stats are not telling the team’s story. And if we want to progress our team play in the long run (and therefore performance in CL) we should part ways with CR. Only that way we can rebuild a team that had a shot at CL in maybe 2, 3 or 4 years from now.
Also, now we might be able to actually properly sell him
If we put all our eggs into one basket, the basket will sure look amazing!
But if the basket does not give us anything more than the multiple baskets gave us, and even less to some degree, should we still continu with the one and only basket?
Especially if that one basket is ageing and has some wholes in it and we see that some eggs are falling on the floor?
It’s not his fault. Pointing him out for being the only person to do his job is simply arbitrary. Ronaldo is the only exciting thing about this team, even at his age and with his wage bill. If anything, Ronaldo is the victim of a poor management, the same applies to other players and the coach. Offloading him will not resolve our midfield issues or our coache’s lack of experience.

He is a great athlete and an absolute winner, he provide us the CL trophy when our management provides him with the appropriate resources on and off the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No synergy in the team= changes are needed
Keeping CR= no improvement of synergy

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
When we did have a fully functioning peak team that went up against Barcelona and Madrid, having Ronaldo then would've won us those 2 CL titles because he would've been that little extra something that we needed. Until we get that midfield sorted we need to keep Ronaldo or we'll slide into mediocrity fast.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
When we did have a fully functioning peak team that went up against Barcelona and Madrid, having Ronaldo then would've won us those 2 CL titles because he would've been that little extra something that we needed. Until we get that midfield sorted we need to keep Ronaldo or we'll slide into mediocrity fast.
I’d love a team full mediocre players that work well together. That should be a great outlook (for CL as well) and a base for long term progress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 88)