Cristiano Ronaldo (175 Viewers)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I think the hypothetical question is should Ronaldo be kept, considering how much he earns? Is the salary justified, considering what his age, what he offers off the field, and how our gameplay is impacted?

No one is doubting the man's quality on the pitch, but if we can't upgrade the team because of his salary, what should we do then?
This again lmao

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
@ronaldo99

Anyway, I'm just messing with you.

But with that said, I simply don't understand why you're just following one player instead of a club. I get that you can get attached to certain players, but for me that only comes through attraction for a club first and foremost.

Guess I'm just old school. ;)
I'd say Del Piero for example is reason for alot of people to be Juve fans nowdays. Started as a Del Piero fans, turned out to be Juve fans later on.

That's how things work.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I'd say Del Piero for example is reason for alot of people to be Juve fans nowdays. Started as a Del Piero fans, turned out to be Juve fans later on.

That's how things work.
For me it was the other way round lol, I first had interest in the club. But yeah, people often follow a club because of a player.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
Lovely how the reactions work.
Numbers are only relevant when you look at CR apparently.
My point was, other good players will step up if given the proper chance. With CR here, these chances are slim.

Dybi is the worst of course, as he is always injured. He will never be serie A MVP so this choker must go.

CR can play for us until he’s 70 and we should never look at the possibility of rebuilding again! Good job!

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
For me it was the other way round lol, I first had interest in the club. But yeah, people often follow a club because of a player.
Before the social media, it was so cool to talk about Zidane, Ronaldo, Del Piero etc. because everyone were their fans and you didn't have other platform to do so. I get that people get annoyed about the fanboys, just like i do and just like someone said that there's other places to do so compared to the past.

It's a Juve forum and i believe we all should be Juve fans as first.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Yes, I saw your wall of text. We can't go back in time and undo some of the bad decisions Tootsie and Bozo made. Also, it's a lot easier selling players who might be in demand as opposed to duds who on one wants. What do we do?
Sell

Dybala -€7.5M net
Ramsey -€7M net
Rabiot-€7M net
Chiellini (retire)-€4M net
Bernardeschi -€4M net
Sandro - €6M net

There you go, €30M net wages covered for next season :baus:

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
Thats not how football works dude, Dybala is a fantastic player but also wildly inconsistent and moody and has spent the entire season out with a injury that no one even knows when he is going to return or whats is even wrong with him so who knows what dybala we will get in return. Apart from barcelona game years ago Dybala has not done much in CL knockout games so why are bashing ronaldo so hard for one tie vs porto when he stepped up in the others ? that is just being a hypocrite.

Ronaldo on other hand is very constistent and rarely ever injured. If kulu/morata where are only two strikers this year we would have been massively screwed.
There were too many responses but I’ll follow up on yours if you really want.
I already said CR has been invisible more than once and that my comments were based on his entire stay. Not just the Porto game.

We can only guess how Dybala had progressed had he had a team accommodated towards him like CR does. Also this is just an example for a player, like I said in my other post
Had er not had CR, we would have other players and maybe had better results, that’s my sole point which I have deliberated on throughout many posts. Please read them all and come back if you have further questions or want a ‘healthy debate’

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Sell

Dybala -€7.5M net
Ramsey -€7M net
Rabiot-€7M net
Chiellini (retire)-€4M net
Bernardeschi -€4M net
Sandro - €6M net

There you go, €30M net wages covered for next season :baus:
I'd rather shed the 30 million a 37 year old makes than the 7.5 million of a 27 year old who has given us a lot.

Who are you going to replace Dybala with? Icunti? Depay? FFS! Lmao.

Who's going to play in midfield then?

We're still going to be worse off as a team, because everything will still have to go through Ronaldo. We're going to be predictable and our midfield will still suck, just not as much as it does now.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Teams are built around Ronaldo because he guarantees you goals and consistency. His body of work gives him that leverage. Dybala hasnt shown that level where we can accommodate a team around him. Simple as.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather shed the 30 million a 37 year old makes than the 7.5 million of a 27 year old who has given us a lot.

Who are you going to replace Dybala with? Icunti? Depay? FFS! Lmao.

Who's going to play in midfield then?

We're still going to be worse off as a team, because everything will still have to go through Ronaldo. We're going to be predictable and our midfield will still suck, just not as much as it does now.
I've posted my lineup in the build/predict thread and we'd look much better off compared to now.

Dybala is not first choice atm. He is behind the pecking order. A sub like Depay on a free would suffice for an year. Then we can plan post Ronaldo in 2022.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Teams are built around Ronaldo because he guarantees you goals and consistency. His body of work gives him that leverage. Dybala hasnt shown that level where we can accommodate a team around him. Simple as.

- - - Updated - - -

I've posted my lineup in the build/predict thread and we'd look much better off compared to now.

Dybala is not first choice atm. He is behind the pecking order. A sub like Depay on a free would suffice for an year. Then we can plan post Ronaldo in 2022.
Yes, and No. We were a better team pre Ronaldo. Our results were much better when we were deploying Dybala in his proper position. These are facts.

We don't need Dybala to score 30 - 35 goals. No one, aside from Ronaldo, Lewa, Messi, and perhaps Haaland and Salah can guarantee that level. What we need Dybala to do is score 18 goals a season, and the load can then be spread across the entire team (Morata, Chiesa, Kulu, Locatelli, De Paul/Aouar). If you have a functioning team, a squad that works as a unit, then you can spread the risk and responsibility.

We reached 2 CL finals without a Ronaldo on our team. Yes, we had a Higuain and a Tevez, but neither of them is/was at the same level/possessed the same consistency as CR7.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
If we put all our eggs into one basket, the basket will sure look amazing!
But if the basket does not give us anything more than the multiple baskets gave us, and even less to some degree, should we still continu with the one and only basket?
Especially if that one basket is ageing and has some wholes in it and we see that some eggs are falling on the floor?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Yes, and No. We were a better team pre Ronaldo. Our results were much better when we were deploying Dybala in his proper position. These are facts.

We don't need Dybala to score 30 - 35 goals. No one, aside from Ronaldo, Lewa, Messi, and perhaps Haaland and Salah can guarantee that level. What we need Dybala to do is score 18 goals a season, and the load can then be spread across the entire team (Morata, Chiesa, Kulu, Locatelli, De Paul/Aouar). If you have a functioning team, a squad that works as a unit, then you can spread the risk and responsibility.

We reached 2 CL finals without a Ronaldo on our team. Yes, we had a Higuain and a Tevez, but neither of them is/was at the same level/possessed the same consistency as CR7.
I'm no Dybala or Ronaldo fanboy but we need to move on from both. Both are burdens on our team for different reasons.

But if you gave me a choice, I'd stick with Ronaldo for a year and sell Dybala now. And then move on from Ronaldo in 2022.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm no Dybala or Ronaldo fanboy but we need to move on from both. Both are burdens on our team for different reasons.

But if you gave me a choice, I'd stick with Ronaldo for a year and sell Dybala now. And then move on from Ronaldo in 2022.
I'm ok with moving on from both, but who do we bring in? My concern is the alternative. Haaland seems EPL bound, and we have no chance when it comes to Mbappe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 143)