Cristiano Ronaldo (121 Viewers)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Do you stop to read what you've written before you post? What does all that have to do with what I wrote?
And Portugal had a great team in 2000 that came very close to reaching the final. Check wikipedia if you weren't old enough to watch back then.
Yes, it was the golden generation and 2000 was before Ronaldo. Now after that golden generation was gone, it was a big slump for them and Ronaldo had to carry that team in front, while being captain. All those times of being equal to mighty Finland and having 1p to seperate Finland making their first Euro/World cup appeareance. What was the another time facing sweden for elimination game, Zlatan vs Ronaldo and they scored all the goals for their teams, Ronaldo 4 and Zlatan 2 etc. Big time struggeling, but they always made it with Ronaldo and after that golden generation left the empty ruins for him to lead forward.

Still, the fact is that the golden generation never won it, neither made it to final without Ronaldo but with him, they made it to final, which later Ronaldo won with the other guys.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He is a burden because we are broke and he costs 60m per year.
He is not a burden even with a 200m salary because:

1. We have players who barely played all season or are utter shite earning well north of a 100m. Ronaldo earns his wages on and off the pitch, they don't, thus he is not a burden
2. We changed 90% of the team that was here when he signed which shows we aren't quite as broke

He quite obviously didn't stop us from spending since signing him so don't know why you keep repeating this factually incorrect statement.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He is not a burden with 200m salary because:

1. We have players who barely played all season or are utter shite earning well north of a 100m. Ronaldo earns his wages on and off the pitch, they don't, thus he is not a burden
2. We changed 90% of the team that was here when he signed which shows we aren't quite as broke

He quite obviously didn't stop us from spending since signing him so don't know why you keep repeating this factually incorrect statement.
Because its the only argument "they" have. You cant criticize him for lack of goals or his impact on the pitch so you need to focus on something else. But as it has been pointed out, that theory doesnt hold ground considering how much money current mgt has spend on fringe players and will most likely keep spending.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
You do realize that without Ronaldo this team loses a +30 goals per season player? We would need to sign several great players to offset this if we would be looking to spread goals around. Which is no guarantee. So maybe add few good additions to our midfield, part ways with Ramsey and Rabiot, instead of destroying well functioning part of the team.
Dybala scored 26 the season before CR arrived. So if he gets to be played in a role that is optimal for him, we would only need to distribute 4+ goals among other players.
I say part way with all players that do not provide us good long term perspective, just like CR

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Hence I'm saying it was the worst moment for him being off. Maybe he just lacked believe/was tired.

But I still believe Juve were better before him - better as a team that was. Before Ronaldo Juve challenged for the CL and reached two finals, winning a lot of doubles - with Ronaldo they didn't go further than a QF. No Ronaldo is not the biggest one to blame here, certainly not.

As you said he scored pretty much all the KO goals for Juve, but like I said, the team regressed under Ronaldo. Not just because of bad coaches but also because everyone try to service him.

Before he came Juve were a functioning unit, they haven't been that for close to two years now.

I also think Juve were much better to watch/played better 4-5 years ago. It seems everything has to go through Ronaldo now.
We were better before him, yes. However that doesn't mean we are worse now because of him, which clearly isn't the case.

1. BBC and Buffon were younger and MUCH better.
2. We had a WC midfield before him. Even Pjanić-Khedira in 16/17 maybe not WC on paper but they played like that the entire season and they were healthy.
3. We had a WC coach that wasn't being witch-hunted after every game and was left alone to do his job

Oh and yeah we had Licht and Evra/Sandro who were great FBs compared to the corpse of Sandro now and nothing on the right.

ronaldo99

Jun 27, 2020
Dybala scored 26 the season before CR arrived. So if he gets to be played in a role the us optimal for him, we would only need to distribute 4+ goals among other players.
I say part way with all players that do not provide us good long term perspective, just like CR
I want you to keep that same energy once CR gets close to your boy's goal tally record. We'll see how the 'decline' holds up.
He has been declining for how many years now? 6?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Dybala scored 26 the season before CR arrived. So if he gets to be played in a role the us optimal for him, we would only need to distribute 4+ goals among other players.
Dybala is a good player but not someone we should build our team around. He lacks drive, focus, determination, etc...Bar our game vs Barca he failed to provide consistently in CL, which I believe is major point of dispute. Invisible in final game, expelled in QF a season after, etc.. The choice between him and possibly the greatest or one of the greatest players of all time is an easy one.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
This.

This is exactly what I meant above when I wrote about him. We need THIS mentality and I don't see it in our players.

Buffon and Chiellini have it on the pitch. Now with them gone it's only Ronaldo and Chiesa. McDonalds, Berna, Rabiot and others look like have filled their diapers.
Exactly. Not related but could you imagine the clubs president having a say in this moment in time and being this confident about our future? Not a peep from him

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Dybala scored 26 the season before CR arrived. So if he gets to be played in a role that is optimal for him, we would only need to distribute 4+ goals among other players.
How is Dybala going to score those 26 goals from the hospital bed? Do you realize he's relevant as Ramsey doing the water running.

People are basing their words on too many if's. Ronaldo isn't if, he's a guaranteed goalscorer that's never injuried. He will show up on the training, he doesn't eat pizza and look chubby. He's a professional.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Thats not how football works dude, Dybala is a fantastic player but also wildly inconsistent and moody and has spent the entire season out with a injury that no one even knows when he is going to return or whats is even wrong with him so who knows what dybala we will get in return. Apart from barcelona game years ago Dybala has not done much in CL knockout games so why are bashing ronaldo so hard for one tie vs porto when he stepped up in the others ? that is just being a hypocrite.

Ronaldo on other hand is very constistent and rarely ever injured. If kulu/morata where are only two strikers this year we would have been massively screwed.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
:delpiero:

I know CR7 has to go, but will miss him. He could have got paid whatever he went. I believed he really came here to bring Juve a CL trophy. Hopefully for him he goes to a team that will need to only utilize him primarily for CL matches. PSG seems like the obvious choice and if right, they have plenty of cash.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No just plastic, just like yo momma. Are you 12? Not everyone likes to follow clubs accept it.
Momma jokes, really? And you have the gall, the audacity to call me out on my age you pathetic peasant. Run along kid.

Don't you have to post some video on Tik Tok, or listen to Lil Pump?

I don't care if you want to follow a club or not - don't give two shits about your preferences. However, this is a Juventus forum. If you want to jerk your little twinky to Ronaldo, there are other places for that shit.

ronaldo99

Jun 27, 2020
Momma jokes, really? And you have the gall, the audacity to call me out on my age you pathetic peasant. Run along kid.

Don't you have to post some video on Tik Tok, or listen to Lil Pump?

I don't care if you want to follow a club or not - don't give two shits about your preferences. However, this is a Juventus forum. If you want to jerk your little twinky to Ronaldo, there are other places for that shit.
Ooof! AUDACITY!!! HAHAHAHA
Seems like it worked. Boomer got triggered. You started it... Don't act all superior.

- - - Updated - - -

Lil Pump is the greatest philosopher of my generation, don't disrespect him like that.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ooof! AUDACITY!!! HAHAHAHA
Seems like it worked. Boomer got triggered. You started it... Don't act all superior.

- - - Updated - - -

Lil Pump is the greatest philosopher of my generation, don't disrespect him like that.
Whatever kid. Enjoy your stay here. I'm sure it won't be long. As long as Ronaldo leaves or is sold, I'm sure you're going to defect, follow him around wherever he goes.

Boomer? LMAO.

No wonder this generation is mentally challenged and suffers from ADHD, among other ailments.

Fyi, this is a Juventus forum, not a Ronaldo fanboy page. I just thought I'd reiterate that, in case you weren't sure.

Have fun ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 98)