Cristiano Ronaldo (148 Viewers)

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Real Madrid was also going from strength to strength from 2009 to 2014, buying world class players every summer.

The situation is simply not the same.

I've psychologically accepted that we are not winning the CL anytime soon.
Hiring a rookie coach tells you how serious we are about winning the champions league

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
But yet we won one game out of the 4 or 5 games he missed with covid vs some the worst teams like crotone and even spezia he had to come off the bench to win us the game which I's a much bigger sample size then one match vs lazio where we should of 2 or 3 goals down in first half alone.
Yeah, and we lost against Porto twice. With him. I wasn't being serious... Those are shitty conclusions about single games. The only certainty is we were better as a team before he arrived and we need to regain that.

Conclusion based on watching the entire match. We weren't that good. We certainly can't do without Ronaldo for an entire season. Selling him would give us what... 29M? Can't buy shit for that money. The wages would decline massively.. true that.. but we can't buy a WC striker in the next mercato one way or another
We weren't that good, no. But Cristiano Ronaldo was on the field and might have had something to do with that because he obviously takes a lot of fluidity away from our gameplay.

Plus just saying but he scored a penalty which everybody could have scored and missed a sitter.

It gives you 29 mil now + 60 fucking million per year. You can find a lot on the market for that kind of money.

Last edited:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Madrid refused to offer €30M net for a 33 year old Ronaldo. Don't see how things would change now.

Realistically, I don't see him leaving until his contract expires.
They'll offer a bit less and he'll accept imo, I don't see why they wouldn't find a common ground. Both would benefit

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Madrid refused to offer €30M net for a 33 year old Ronaldo. Don't see how things would change now.

Realistically, I don't see him leaving until his contract expires.
Im pretty sure Ronaldo said he was offered the same wages as juve offered but he already wanted to leave.

Anyways he aint going back to madrid and tarnish he's ridiculous records and ending off the back off a 3 peat, the only way is down from there. He is staying here he is no quiter.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I don't see him returning to Real Madrid in their current state, they're clearly not the team they were when he left - and even then they were already starting to decline, their 2017-18 CL triumph was quite lucky if we have to be honest.

And Zidane will leave Real Madrid by the end of this season at the latest, meaning he's without his favorite coach if he should return. Not to forget all the tax dodging others already mentioned.

I gotta see him return before I believe it.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Let him go and replace him with who? Unless we are planning to use his money towards signing a younger top player thats already scoring 25+ goals a season this will be a downgrade. Relying on notoriously inconsistent players like Morata and Dybala would be suicide.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
they forgot it and forgave him because he is CR7
Yes after he paid 22 million dollars
Cristiano Ronaldo, the Portuguese soccer star, will pay about $22 million in back taxes and fines as part of a settlement reached with the Spanish tax authorities over undeclared earnings from his advertising contracts, prosecutors have said.

The settlement for Ronaldo, 33, follows a preliminary agreement reached last month, shortly before he played for his country in the 2018 World Cup in Russia and then moved clubs and countries, switching from Real Madrid to Juventus in Italy for a fee of about $110 million.

- - - Updated - - -

Let him go and replace him with who? Unless we are planning to use his money towards signing a younger top player thats already scoring 25+ goals a season this will be a downgrade. Relying on notoriously inconsistent players like Morata and Dybala would be suicide.
Icardi looks the most obvious choice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 122)