Cristiano Ronaldo (111 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Guys...put your business hats on...when a club makes a huge loss as juve has...has a player that costs as much as ronaldo does...how the fuck can anyone sit in a boardroom and say that ronaldo must stay? Seriously...it makes absolutely no sense for us to keep him here for one more season.

Forget whether he should score more, whether people think he is better or not for the team..the financial reality is that he costs us more than what several good players do combined.

We cannot afford ronaldo. Fuck...even richer clubs are questioning his salary.

Let him go...swap for players that can help rebuild this team. Think long term...be done with it. We once sold baggio and zidane...is selling ronaldo at the age of 36 really going to destroy us??? I dont think so.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
As shown by Ronaldo's results. Gettind rid of the only performing player is anti-pragmatic.
No, it isn't.

Didn't you get the memo? Football is a team sport.

Were we winning before Ronaldo got here? Yes.

Were we scoring goals? Yes.

It really isn't that difficult a concept to comprehend.

It doesn't matter if Ronaldo scores 50 goals. Our results have progressively gotten worse since we signed him. That is a fact.

I'm not debating whether it's his fault or not - it clearly isn't - but everyone has a role to play.

Do you build around a 37 year old who earns 30+ million and costs the club 60 million in wages every season? I fail to see how that is fucking pragmatic with a pandemic and insane loss of revenue to consider.

Apr 29, 2006
TBH, I still fail to see the big picture of CR7's arrival. Yes, I know about his online presence and so forth. But if that was the entire point we could have signed Brad Pitt. I suppose on-field success was where the stakes were at. Surely COVID was not expected, and with hindsight we wouldn't have pulled it off...

Anyway still don't understand the point of trading players, without a significant upgrade of the team's quality and then putting a CR7 in front to solve it all.

The owners must either choose to continue the short term project 'Win CL win CR7' or start building a younger team. Either way it will cost a lot, but thats the norm these days. I am talking about the CL in particular - Italy we could probably handle as we are.

Apr 19, 2007
TBH, I still fail to see the big picture of CR7's arrival. Yes, I know about his online presence and so forth. But if that was the entire point we could have signed Brad Pitt. I suppose on-field success was where the stakes were at. Surely COVID was not expected, and with hindsight we wouldn't have pulled it off...

Anyway still don't understand the point of trading players, without a significant upgrade of the team's quality and then putting a CR7 in front to solve it all.

The owners must either choose to continue the short term project 'Win CL win CR7' or start building a younger team. Either way it will cost a lot, but thats the norm these days. I am talking about the CL in particular - Italy we could probably handle as we are.
Im not convinced it will be expensive if we get rid of him. (under 100 mil)
We have a few players that we can sell and with ronnie leaving the total money spent in 3 years will even out. We already have a great spine thats young in this team. We just need a few quality starters that can be financed with Ronaldo money and a sale or two of bench players

Apr 29, 2006
Im not convinced it will be expensive if we get rid of him. (under 100 mil)
We have a few players that we can sell and with ronnie leaving the total money spent in 3 years will even out. We already have a great spine thats young in this team. We just need a few quality starters that can be financed with Ronaldo money and a sale or two of bench players
Maybe, if we sign the right 'normal' players. But we have too many holes to cover, we've done it with freebies so far and it doesn't work that well. We need to sign one to three WC potential players, while trying to keep those that we cannot effectively (90+%) replace on the cheapo. That's a lot of money. And since we would need to fill around 5 spots - that's two years at the very minimum spending tons of money. That is if there is the right player available.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Great idea, let's sell the guy who's scored over 100 goals in 3 seasons and build the team around glass man Dybala.
We shouldn’t build around either of them. Ronaldo will be here for one year max and Dybala isn’t very young anymore. He will be 28 this year, and hasn’t shown any signs of progress in the last 2-3 years.
I’d sell them both and build the team around Chiesa, De Ligt and Donnarumma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 103)