Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (20 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
coronavirus-data-explorer-4.png

Swedish model was the winner

- - - Updated - - -

Gentherapy (MRNA) doesn't provide the same amount of protection as natural anti bodies though. Even though the Swedish infections peaks were pretty high they'll most likely have much more of the better and longer lasting anti body. Vaccines were BS and seen as a chance by big Pharma to get money out of this.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Vaccines stop hospitalizations and deaths. Quite efficiently too thus far. Even in the at-risk population. Which is quite obviously important and is why the vast vast majority of severe Covid now is in unvaccinated populations. Unfortunately they are nowhere near as effective at stopping transmission like they tried to claim early on. But stopping severe illness is better than nothing.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
coronavirus-data-explorer-4.png

Swedish model was the winner

- - - Updated - - -

Gentherapy (MRNA) doesn't provide the same amount of protection as natural anti bodies though. Even though the Swedish infections peaks were pretty high they'll most likely have much more of the better and longer lasting anti body. Vaccines were BS and seen as a chance by big Pharma to get money out of this.
Speaking of reductionism.

Yes, your passport exclusively determines your Covid outcome.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah. Delta infects a lot of people. But their death rate is still very very low. And they essentially skipped a wave due to vaccine coverage and the measures they took and are entering their third wave right now while other countries are already well into a 4th.

They are averaging 4 deaths/day. Until that climbs, this is just more a case of the vaccine’s shortcomings in stopping transmission, but evidence that it works quite well at preventing the most serious outcomes.

- - - Updated - - -

Sweden’s averaging ~725 cases/day

Canada is averaging 2200 cases/day

Canada has close to 4x the population, only 3X the cases. Also has half the deaths/capita during whole of Covid.

I guess Canadian model > Swedish model :seven:

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I'm not suggesting that the risks of the vaccines are higher than the benefit. I mean they could be, the younger the recipient the more likely, but whatever. The fact that there is any risk at all should make it illegal to force upon anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Y'all think it's necessary to mandate vaxx for kids 5-11?

Tbh he's leaving office in two months, it doesn't really matter what he thinks anymore.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
There is zero reason to administer drugs that don’t work and have little evidence they do.
This is simply not true. Aspirin, Famotidin, Remdesevir are all drugs administered with little or no evidence. You are BS-ing for the sake of argument. This is not a political issue. This is an issue of life and death in a crisis.

https://ivmmeta.com/

This is an overwhelming positive feedback. The only reason there is not a "true trial" is because it costs millions to be done and no big organization wants to do it because you can't profit from a generic drug.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evidence base used for other COVID-19 approvals
Medication Studies Patients Improvement

1. Molnupiravir (UK) ; 1 ; 775 ; 50%
  2. Budesonide (UK) ; 1 ; 1,779 ; 17%
  3. Remdesivir (USA EUA) ; 1 ; 1,063 ; 31%
  4. Casirivimab/i.. (USA EUA) ; 1 ; 799 ; 66%
  5. Ivermectin ; 65 ; 49,127 ; 66% [57‑73%]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, Molnupiravir, Budesonide, Remdesevir are all OK to be used based on 1 study but Ivermectin is not because it's based on 65 studies and reminds you of Trump and HCQ.

Molnupiravir 700 $ needs one study
Remdesevir 4000$ needs one study
Ivermectin 0.05 $ - 65 studies are not enough and not good enough.

Ok, I got you. You are true follower of Science.

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
But is it their job? Not to give people in elected positions of power a free pass, but just what do we gain by having more time-consuming and expensive autopsies for hundreds of thousands of people to try to separate someone who died with Covid as opposed to died from Covid? Assuming that's easy enough to do in the first place, and my guess it's a contribution of a number of factors that aren't easily to entirely cleave off and segregate.

It's probably more than a rounding error for certain. But whether it's 750,000 Covid deaths in the US vs 400,000, what does that really change?

In a case like that, if someone is using that as the subtext for which to say the government is doing a cover up, then I start to worry more about the accusers than the accused.

As for the safety of the vaccines, that has been studied ad nauseum before even the vaccines were allowed to reach Stage 2 trials. When you hear about Emergency Use Authorization, that's not a reflection of Stage 1 ... safety trials. Stage 2 and 3 are focused on efficacy: first with a smaller sample, and then at scale. And Stage 3 is where EUA standards got relaxed to get something out with less than complete data.

But 3 billion shots later, we are more than there now. If you're going to investigate deaths suddenly now after all that, it should likely be about vaccine unrelated issues at this point. Because you may as well investigate well water, Facebook use, and online food delivery before you re-test the safety of the vaccines at this point.

The one exception is if you suspect that some production failure is at the root of a surge in related deaths (taint, tampering, someone nefariously contaminating supplies, etc.). And if there were such a production failure, it's easy to trace back any grouping of deaths to supply without autopsies required.
The risk of dying from vaccine is the main reason a lot of people decide to not get vaccinated and a lot of governments are doing a poor job responding to those fears. "so and so many vaccine related deaths have been identified" is a very lazy approach because it allows the most basic facebook researcher to connect the dots that many cases havent been investigated at all imo theyd be better off posting data of trombosis (or whatever else the vaccine could possibly cause) within weeks of getting vaccinated as the rough number.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not suggesting that the risks of the vaccines are higher than the benefit. I mean they could be, the younger the recipient the more likely, but whatever. The fact that there is any risk at all should make it illegal to force upon anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Y'all think it's necessary to mandate vaxx for kids 5-11?

Thats retarded, pretty sure that for the sake of not overloading hospitals its more useful to convince one 70 year old to get vaccinated than a 100 7 year olds.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What exactly am I reducing?
That humans have no impact on each other. That individual decisions have no bearing on someone else’s life. That you could live solo on an unpopulated earth and could easily operate as independently and healthily as before. That your microbiome is your own and nobody and nothing else’s.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The risk of dying from vaccine is the main reason a lot of people decide to not get vaccinated and a lot of governments are doing a poor job responding to those fears. "so and so many vaccine related deaths have been identified" is a very lazy approach because it allows the most basic facebook researcher to connect the dots that many cases havent been investigated at all imo theyd be better off posting data of trombosis (or whatever else the vaccine could possibly cause) within weeks of getting vaccinated as the rough number.
Two of the world’s biggest wastes of energy include:

* Branson’s, Musk’s, and Bezos’ dick-measuring contest in space

* trying to rationalize what is an emotional debate

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Maybe it's just me, but when I read something like that, alarm bells go off in my head.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Maybe it's just me, but when I read something like that, alarm bells go off in my head.
to paraphrase swag: humans have impact on each other. individual decisions have bearing on someone else’s life. you do not live solo on an unpopulated earth.

we are in one boat with the facebook researcher and his gang and gov should do a better job communicating with those people and should put their arrogance aside. fraudsters all over the world sitting in a call center thousands of miles apart are capable to convince 50+ yo's to put their savings into imaginary "investment funds" or even manage to convince them to hand over access to their payment info. surely it must be a lot easier to convince people about vaccines than to trick them out of their hard earned money, a lot of gov are just failing spectacularly at that.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Comparing Sweden to giant countries it has like zero similarities too. :lol:

Now do again with Denmark, Norway, Finland… ya know, its Scandy neighbours. 3X the deaths/capita of Denmark, 7X the deaths/capita of Finland, 8X the deaths/capita of Norway.
Sweden was one of the few countries that didn't force lockdowns, mask wearing, evening curfews or suspended schools. Did it and I see the same exact pattern.The first peak(s) were higher (although debatable) but on the long run you see the curve stabilizing and less infections occurring. All the neighboring countries went for lockdowns and go from peak to peak.

coronavirus-data-explorer-5.png

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
to paraphrase swag: humans have impact on each other. individual decisions have bearing on someone else’s life. you do not live solo on an unpopulated earth.

we are in one boat with the facebook researcher and his gang and gov should do a better job communicating with those people and should put their arrogance aside. fraudsters all over the world sitting in a call center thousands of miles apart are capable to convince 50+ yo's to put their savings into imaginary "investment funds" or even manage to convince them to hand over access to their payment info. surely it must be a lot easier to convince people about vaccines than to trick them out of their hard earned money, a lot of gov are just failing spectacularly at that.
So, what you're saying is that there are a shitload of dumb people out there?
I can't argue with that, obviously.

But they way I see it, a lot of what you call "facebook researchers" fall right into that category. And the same goes for people believing them.

Now, I'm not very active on that platform, or any other social media platform for that matter, but every time I read some alternative line of thinking or original thoughts & critical investigations, or whatever you'd like to call them, the same problems come up: a bunch of half truths, facts being used completely out of context, stuff that can be debunked in mere seconds, etc.
In short, they usually make about as much sense as I do after finishing 3 bottles of wine. I still think I have good ideas that make perfect sense at that point, but in reality it's best for everyone if I just shut up.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Sweden was one of the few countries that didn't force lockdowns, mask wearing, evening curfews or suspended schools. Did it and I see the same exact pattern.The first peak(s) were higher (although debatable) but on the long run you see the curve stabilizing and less infections occurring. All the neighboring countries went for lockdowns and go from peak to peak.

coronavirus-data-explorer-5.png
And this proves that the Swedish approach was the wrong one. Sweden had 15 000 deaths, Denmark had 2700, Finland- 1200 and Norway- 900. Today all the countries have a very low number of deaths per day - ranging from 2 to 6 people, but in Sweden the previous deaths were 10x more (3-8x more compared to population) and now the vaccines are protecting the vast majority of people in all those countries even if infectious rates are climbing in Norway, Finland and Denmark, people are protected by the vaccines, so deaths and hospitalizations are low for now and if I have to bet - they'll stay low.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
So, what you're saying is that there are a shitload of dumb people out there?
I can't argue with that, obviously

But they way I see it, a lot of what you call "facebook researchers" fall right into that category. And the same goes for people believing them.

Now, I'm not very active on that platform, or any other social media platform for that matter, but every time I read some alternative line of thinking or original thoughts & critical investigations, or whatever you'd like to call them, the same problems come up: a bunch of half truths, facts being used completely out of context, stuff that can be debunked in mere seconds, etc.
In short, they usually make about as much sense as I do after finishing 3 bottles of wine. I still think I have good ideas that make perfect sense at that point, but in reality it's best for everyone if I just shut up.
Id say different not dumb, but to each his own. :D

basically that + gov should do a better job communicating with them. Theyre surprisingly good at that when they need to get elected, but a lot more shite here. Take a look at Europe, enough vaccines to vaccinate everybody multiple times and still many countries have hundreds of thousands of individuals in risk groups unvaccinated. thats just poor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)