Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (55 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
And this proves that the Swedish approach was the wrong one. Sweden had 15 000 deaths, Denmark had 2700, Finland- 1200 and Norway- 900. Today all the countries have a very low number of deaths per day - ranging from 2 to 6 people, but in Sweden the previous deaths were 10x more (3-8x more compared to population) and now the vaccines are protecting the vast majority of people in all those countries even if infectious rates are climbing in Norway, Finland and Denmark, people are protected by the vaccines, so deaths and hospitalizations are low for now and if I have to bet - they'll stay low.
I’m not sure I’d go there though.

The Swedish approach has a lot of complexity among its own population, and most other nations are little like Sweden. So again, I prefer to avoid the reductionist approach of presuming all countries are equal and the only difference is merely lockdown policy.

Mentally, a lot of people are playing different nations like horses in a race. In the US, they’re playing different states. But in no way is what does or doesn’t work in Sweden mean it would or wouldn’t work in the US or Brazil, let alone Finland or Norway.

The analysis also presumes that government mandates are the only independent variable.

The debates about it remind me of the spherical cow joke among physicists. You assume a spherical cow for projecting the physics for how it could fly.

Except cows aren’t spheres and the whole mental exercise is based on a falsehood.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Sajid Javid giving 110k front line NHS workers notice to be vaccinated or face the sack. Can't see it being followed through with, would cause serious workforce issues.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Some are more dumberer than others.
Definitely true. But I think most of us have these aspects where we're below average, f.e. I'm truly horrible at learning Russian, for some reason just an impossible language for me to get. Some are just more unlucky than others and the thing they struggle with is f.e. basic logic :D

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I’m not sure I’d go there though.

The Swedish approach has a lot of complexity among its own population, and most other nations are little like Sweden. So again, I prefer to avoid the reductionist approach of presuming all countries are equal and the only difference is merely lockdown policy.

Mentally, a lot of people are playing different nations like horses in a race. In the US, they’re playing different states. But in no way is what does or doesn’t work in Sweden mean it would or wouldn’t work in the US or Brazil, let alone Finland or Norway.

The analysis also presumes that government mandates are the only independent variable.

The debates about it remind me of the spherical cow joke among physicists. You assume a spherical cow for projecting the physics for how it could fly.

Except cows aren’t spheres and the whole mental exercise is based on a falsehood.
There could be a comparison because all the Scandinavian countries have more similarities than the US and Bosnia for example. Relatively small populations, many of them are disperse throughout a big land mass. Perhaps only Denmark is a bit different with a relatively more densely populated and urbanized areas.

Norway, Finland and Denmark didn't go North Korea with their lockdowns and generally they didn't have the most restricted policy at all. When a new wave came they made some restrictions and had relatively small number of deaths, now most of their populations are vaccinated and when the line is drawn - Sweden is leading the mortality rates. In that sense one policy led to more deaths and another to less.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
You mean to tell me it's not safe, but everyone said it was, did you even follow the science??
Funniest thing is the irony of TRUST DA SCIENCE!!!!!!!! people turning into religious zealots themselves, and making their goal to narrow the corridor of certified(TM) opinions. Coincidentally, a great overlap with the alphabet, pronouns in bio, rainbow people. Counter culture turns into dominating culture and multiplies the bad aspects of old dominating culture by x100

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Funniest thing is the irony of TRUST DA SCIENCE!!!!!!!!
I agree. I'm vaccinated since February and I knew that I'm taking an experimental jab but I decided that the risk/benefit was worth it.
On the other hand it's obvious that there are side effects that are swept under the rug and this bothers me a lot. Also the policy of no aspiration before inserting the injection in the muscle is retarded because many people can have a large blood vessel in their deltoid muscle and when the vaccine goes straight to the bloodstream it becomes very problematic.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Conspiracty teorrists having the time of their lives these days.

It's a good thing the masses has access to the internet, but it also means you have to deal with more retarded fucktards who can spread their bullshit propaganda all over.

"lOok wHat i sAW oN yoUtuBe, fFS theY're lyIng tO uS, thE trUth Is oUt thEre!"

These mentally challenged people shouldn't have been given a chance to speak about something they have no clue about in the first place and spread misinformation. But well, that's the world we live in.

Covid deniers and anti vaxxers. :inter:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Funniest thing is the irony of TRUST DA SCIENCE!!!!!!!! people turning into religious zealots themselves, and making their goal to narrow the corridor of certified(TM) opinions. Coincidentally, a great overlap with the alphabet, pronouns in bio, rainbow people. Counter culture turns into dominating culture and multiplies the bad aspects of old dominating culture by x100

Simply because counter culture has nothing to offer except the dismantling part. People living in parallel realities in their head don't have it in them to create, neither the sacrifice part nor the hard work part. The very same people who were all up against Monsanto are now the first line of defense for pfizer :lol:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Conspiracty teorrists having the time of their lives these days.

It's a good thing the masses has access to the internet, but it also means you have to deal with more retarded fucktards who can spread their bullshit propaganda all over.

"lOok wHat i sAW oN yoUtuBe, fFS theY're lyIng tO uS, thE trUth Is oUt thEre!"

These mentally challenged people shouldn't have been given a chance to speak about something they have no clue about in the first place and spread misinformation. But well, that's the world we live in.

Covid deniers and anti vaxxers. :inter:

Great display of compliance, hope that gets you enough social credit to be let into the badminton club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)