Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (48 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
lol people out here have already resumed their normal lives. Unless this comes with some major enforcement im not sure how you are going to convince people to go back into lockdown.

Even the most committed, first in line to be vaccinated masked up are going to be annoyed with this. Seems like it would be political suicide for imo
yeah I agree, I think it’s just fear mongering and rumors

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
lol people out here have already resumed their normal lives. Unless this comes with some major enforcement im not sure how you are going to convince people to go back into lockdown.

Even the most committed, first in line to be vaccinated masked up are going to be annoyed with this. Seems like it would be political suicide for imo
US was never technically under lockdown, they had restrictions for gatherings and business closures. Good luck telling a real american you can't leave your house.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

You would think so. But people have been passively accepting since the beginning, believing that nothing else could be done to save lives. And of course, you can just blame the unvaccinated.

Nothing should come as a surprise anymore.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
He could declare a national emergency on behalf of the states. I guess the states could choose not to comply. But the federal agencies will be under the direction of whatever they say in the White House.
Yeah which federal agency is going to try to enforce that? Plus the legal entanglements of jurisdiction, most they can do is quarantine certain states but how do you justify that when demo states like cali are doing worse than Florida.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11,387
    Yeah which federal agency is going to try to enforce that? Plus the legal entanglements of jurisdiction, most they can do is quarantine certain states but how do you justify that when demo states like cali are doing worse than Florida.
    I have no idea. Honestly, I don't see any justification for any of it, including his upcoming the sky is falling retard speech. But again, never let a good crisis go to waste...

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11,391
    Imagine telling Texas to shut down while also telling them to allow daily buses of illegals to go through their state.
    Would be funny indeed. I don’t think Texas will care what they say, but it doesn’t mean they wouldn’t try it anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Poso is pretty reliable actually. But these leaks could also be used to gauge online response and adjust accordingly.
    Just searches national lockdown on Twitter and there are a ton of people hoping for one since their bank accounts are low. :lol:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Yeah, can we keep the Facebook Karen shit out of this thread. Seriously :sergio:

You really think the dozens (is it even that many?) of people around the world with blood clot issues after vaccination are responsible for a 12% rise in one of their blood thinning drugs? Did you know that about 30% of Covid patients who go into ICU experience blood clots? I think that number might be slightly more significant.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-r..._transthyretin_amyloid_cardiomyopathy_attr_cm

Nothing to do with Covid vaccinations.
    Given the data I've seen, if I had a blood clot problem, I'd take the Pfeizer vaccine to improve my chances with my blood clots... regardless of the Covid stuff. :D

Those are impressive odds, considering Germany reported one in every 90,000 vaccinations, for example. Must be something in the water there.
    What he said, basically

We didn't have a national lockdown before, it was state by state. I totally believe Biden and his clown crew would pull something like that.
    Fake news.

Poso is pretty reliable actually. But these leaks could also be used to gauge online response and adjust accordingly.
    Interesting theory. There are valid reasons to float an idea and disown it later if it goes south in a hurry.

But I don't see it. Delta is bad, but it's not been nearly as bad as the US peak last summer. So why now and not then? Doesn't add up. And then there's what you pointed out about the fact that it's been down to states.

Managing through seems like the only realistic course from where the US is currently. We've kind of done that already here in Portugal, as we along with the UK and Russia were the initial Delta hotspots in Europe several weeks ago but now our R is < 1.

Of course, people still wear masks outside here for the most part, so there's greater support and compliance for public health policies overall, unlike the US. But our vaccination rates are similar, even if Portugal is soon to pass the US in fully vaccinated.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    I think what’s gonna happen is that private companies will start to mandate the vaccine once it gets full approval. And then pretty much everyone will end up vaxxed. I don’t see another lockdown, like I said, just fear mongering

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I think what’s gonna happen is that private companies will start to mandate the vaccine once it gets full approval. And then pretty much everyone will end up vaxxed. I don’t see another lockdown, like I said, just fear mongering
    Kristi Noem sez you can just get a new job though ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)