Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (82 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
They do help. But unlike others I don't think it's the ultimate salvation. We have vaccines for quite some time but there's always some kind of excuse why things are going bad. In the end it's going to be "this happened because we didn't have 90-100% vaccinated".
Could you give me one real life situation, in terms of diseases, viruses, etc where ultimate salvation exists?

As for the 2nd part: could very well be. Then I guess the unvaccinated people are part of the problem, huh? Wouldn't that be a surprise.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
They do help. But unlike others I don't think it's the ultimate salvation. We have vaccines for quite some time but there's always some kind of excuse why things are going bad. In the end it's going to be "this happened because we didn't have 90-100% vaccinated".
My speculative view - I said months ago that I think this will be with us for a long time, that people will probably have a shot once a year, or two for people more at risk, and that there will be spikes with some restrictions for years to come. Not like we have seen in the worst lockdowns, but you can't totally ignore a breakout just because we have seen worse. Imagine a new virus emerges, we aren't going to ignore it just because Covid-19 was bad. You have treat it as such.

Yes the world was much better when things like Covid didn't exist, or seemed like something which affected a few thousand people in Asia or some jungle in Africa, but this is something you learn to live with. And by live with I don't mean choose to ignore and pretend doesn't exist. Viruses don't disappear, but to get to the point where it becomes a moderate problem or reduced to isolated breakouts there have to be some controls in place.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
And yeah, those vaccines actually made it stop. These vaccines won't do that.
Baby steps, Susan.

These vaccines don't stop transmission, but they reduce it pretty substantially.
These vaccines also do not completely (as in 100%) prevent sickness or death, but they significantly reduce the chances of it happening. Almost to the point where it's basically an anomaly.
I'd say that's pretty impressive stuff.

So scratch my first point about the baby steps. In reality, giant steps have been taken.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Baby steps, Susan.

These vaccines don't stop transmission, but they reduce it pretty substantially.
These vaccines also do not completely (as in 100%) prevent sickness or death, but they significantly reduce the chances of it happening. Almost to the point where it's basically an anomaly.
I'd say that's pretty impressive stuff.

So scratch my first point about the baby steps. In reality, giant steps have been taken.
Fine. We'll see those giant steps once August finishes.

I hope I'm wrong because it sucks to live with those restrictions. But oh boy, people should prepare for a shitstorm and for bags of excuses once summer comes to end.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Fine. We'll see those giant steps once August finishes.

I hope I'm wrong because it sucks to live with those restrictions. But oh boy, people should prepare for a shitstorm and for bags of excuses once summer comes to end.
Dude, it’s not an excuse if in certain states vaccination rates are at like 35%. And quite a few countries are far far worse. No vaccine in history is particularly effective in such a scenario. Things like Polio were eradicated by mass vaccination campaigns where almost everyone was vaccinated.

If not enough people choose to be vaccinated to get the world to herd immunity, or to the point this thing is deadly for next to no one, then we’ll never truly know how effective these vaccines could be. That’s not an excuse, that’s just a fact.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I've been saying for 500+ pages that I actually have nothing against vaccines. I'm no anti vaxxer. But this shit with corona is anything but normal.

And yeah, those vaccines actually made it stop. These vaccines won't do that.
For context, George Washington vaccinated his troops against small pox during the war between the colonies and Britain. Small pox was finally declared eradicated worldwide in 1980.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)