Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (74 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
TB and tetanus yes. But cases are rare in developed nations
Yeah. I just got a tetanus booster a month ago after ripping my finger open on a rock for 5 stitches. Apparently dependent on how dirty what you injured yourself on is, tells you whether a shot is required after 10 years from your last, or only 5 years.

- - - Updated - - -

@JuveJay

Small pox was more deadly that covid. So there was actual need for a vaccine. Covid is not that deadly so vaccine not needed and any suggestion that action should be taken is dumb. Also, this vaccine doesn’t work and neither did masks.
The anti-vaxxers would have burnt Edward Jenner at the stake ~200 years ago. :snoop:

- - - Updated - - -

@Dostoevsky

Louisiana with a 36% vaccination level is going through its worst surge of COVId for overall case numbers and Hospitalizations in the entire pandemic thanks to low vaccination and Delta variant combo. Hospitalizations gone up 6X in last month. Broke its single day record with 169 new hospitalizations in a single day on Monday. ~90% of Hospitalizations are unvaccinated people, and average age of hospitalized has dropped from 64 to 54 in a single month.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_80fc6f7e-f188-11eb-bd5b-8f62f2b4d40e.html

Also seem to be seeing spikes in child Hospitalizations with the delta variant surge.

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_3fc319c4-efbf-11eb-8518-1b58f818df8b.html

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yeah. I just got a tetanus booster a month ago after ripping my finger open on a rock for 5 stitches. Apparently dependent on how dirty what you injured yourself on is, tells you whether a shot is required after 10 years from your last, or only 5 years.

- - - Updated - - -

The anti-vaxxers would have burnt Edward Jenner at the stake ~200 years ago. :snoop:

- - - Updated - - -

@Dostoevsky

Louisiana with a 36% vaccination level is going through its worst surge of COVId for overall case numbers and Hospitalizations in the entire pandemic thanks to low vaccination and Delta variant combo. Hospitalizations gone up 6X in last month. Broke its single day record with 169 new hospitalizations in a single day on Monday. ~90% of Hospitalizations are unvaccinated people, and average age of hospitalized has dropped from 64 to 54 in a single month.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_80fc6f7e-f188-11eb-bd5b-8f62f2b4d40e.html

Also seem to be seeing spikes in child Hospitalizations with the delta variant surge.

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_3fc319c4-efbf-11eb-8518-1b58f818df8b.html
Just asking sincerely here.

In a population with the vaccination rate as high as realistically possible, let's say 95-98%, in order to survive and keep reproducing might the virus not mutate to the point where it overcomes the vaccine immunity, and thus make the whole population vulnerable again?

I'm sure the virologists have considered that already and they seem to believe in herd immunity through vaccination, but how possible is that scenario?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Just asking sincerely here.

In a population with the vaccination rate as high as realistically possible, let's say 95-98%, in order to survive and keep reproducing might the virus not mutate to the point where it overcomes the vaccine immunity, and thus make the whole population vulnerable again?

I'm sure the virologists have considered that already and they seem to believe in herd immunity through vaccination, but how possible is that scenario?
I’m pretty sure it’s quite possible. The same thing was quite possible with smallpox too, in that case thankfully it didn’t mutate in ways that allowed it to get past the vaccine.

I’m not a virologist either, so I don’t know the likelihood. Or you know, the likelihood of it retaining or increasing its deadliness (0.5-0.75%) while also mutating to avoid immune response from vaccine and/or having had it before. I’d imagine it’s also possible it mutates to get past such things while also becoming less deadly like other viruses have. There’s also the scary possibility of it reentering an animal population, mutating into something quite different there, and then jumping back to humans again. :scared:

Found this about article about the future of Covid. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03792-w

Last edited:

Nejc

May 13, 2006
I’m pretty sure it’s quite possible. The same thing was quite possible with smallpox too, in that case thankfully it didn’t mutate in ways that allowed it to get past the vaccine.

I’m not a virologist either, so I don’t know the likelihood. Or you know, the likelihood of it retaining or increasing its deadliness (0.5-0.75%) while also mutating to avoid immune response from vaccine and/or having had it before. I’d imagine it’s also possible it mutates to get past such things while also becoming less deadly like other viruses have. There’s also the scary possibility of it reentering an animal population, mutating into something quite different there, and then jumping back to humans again. :scared:

Found this about article about the future of Covid. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03792-w
One take on it I read about somewhere (could even be in this thread) is that if virus mutates enough to “evade” vaccine protection if would mean it changed so much that human to human transmission would not be possible anymore.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
The WHO doesn't want this pandemic to end soon. It thrives on Chinese money and pharma lobby. Any breakthrough made in this sphere, the WHO will be the first to railroad it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah, can we keep the Facebook Karen shit out of this thread. Seriously :sergio:

You really think the dozens (is it even that many?) of people around the world with blood clot issues after vaccination are responsible for a 12% rise in one of their blood thinning drugs? Did you know that about 30% of Covid patients who go into ICU experience blood clots? I think that number might be slightly more significant.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-r..._transthyretin_amyloid_cardiomyopathy_attr_cm

ATTR-CM affects the heart and leads to restrictive cardiomyopathy and progressive heart failure. There are two sub-types of ATTR-CM: hereditary, which is caused by a mutation in the transthyretin gene and can occur in people as early as their 50s and 60s; or the wild-type form which is associated with aging, and is thought to be more common, usually affecting men after age 60. Often ATTR-CM is diagnosed only after symptoms have become severe.
Nothing to do with Covid vaccinations.

Allegri_is_God

Jun 8, 2021
Yeah, can we keep the Facebook Karen shit out of this thread. Seriously :sergio:

You really think the dozens (is it even that many?) of people around the world with blood clot issues after vaccination are responsible for a 12% rise in one of their blood thinning drugs? Did you know that about 30% of Covid patients who go into ICU experience blood clots? I think that number might be slightly more significant.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-r..._transthyretin_amyloid_cardiomyopathy_attr_cm

Nothing to do with Covid vaccinations.
Dozents :))) Im finished with you. I personaly know 2 of them and I live in <500 community

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11,375
    What the fuck is this shit?

Seems like we're heading down the path of a complete nightmare yet again.

- - - Updated - - -

National lockdown coming means my Greece trip is fucked. Thanks a lot.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11,377
    We didn't have a national lockdown before, it was state by state. I totally believe Biden and his clown crew would pull something like that.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    lol people out here have already resumed their normal lives. Unless this comes with some major enforcement im not sure how you are going to convince people to go back into lockdown.

Even the most committed, first in line to be vaccinated masked up are going to be annoyed with this. Seems like it would be political suicide for imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)