Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (61 Viewers)

Jun 8, 2021
It’s easy to say masks, vaccines are untested.

As a physician, I can tell you that I’m tired of seeing Covid and I’m tired of seeing patients die because they couldn’t bother taking some precautions. It’s not fun when you have to go to the family and say I’m sorry that your mom / dad couldn’t make it.
No its not easy to say at all. Its worrying in fact.
I wonder why is % of vaxxinated from your branch so low then? But no worries, Im sure they will post some cool dance from hospital loby on tic toc

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
It’s easy to say masks, vaccines are untested.

As a physician, I can tell you that I’m tired of seeing Covid and I’m tired of seeing patients die because they couldn’t bother taking some precautions. It’s not fun when you have to go to the family and say I’m sorry that your mom / dad couldn’t make it.
That must really suck indeed, I can only imagine. Where are you from (like what's the covid situation there)?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Only if you don't understand how the legal framework works around children in the UK. Or how so many people are catching Covid in hospitals when they are in for other treatment. There is also no back story. All I see are a couple of chav parents ranting and being more concerned about adamantly refusing a test (it's not even a vaccination lol) and getting clicks on their "dis is gowin so virul" video.

I've worked for legal services in the family sector, so I'll say that if safeguarding are mentioned then the parents and child may already be on the radar of social services or have proceedings in place. There might even be an ICO hearing ready when the baby is born. Judging by how the parents are, it wouldn't surprise me at all. In which case the baby can be taken off the mother either straight away or after a few days in placement, and that is never done without a court hearing and good reason. None of the staff speak about "property", that is something the mother rants about. Who sees a baby as property? Too many of these parents, like a new handbag or a pet dog.

Also, the dialogue suggests that there are already health concerns around the baby and pregnancy, so why wouldn't you do a Covid test? If the baby is born with difficulties then having Covid at the same time could put it in serious difficulty. Pregnant mothers are told not to have the vaccinations so they are more likely to catch it. It's a nasal swab for a newborn, not invasive surgery. You can barely hear the nurse say in the background that the testing is standard for all patients in the hospital.

Sensationalist rubbish. But I'm sure there are enough likeminded people to fall over all of this crap.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Calling a baby a property... :sergio:

No dumb fuck like that would call my child as a property and get him tested, that's for sure. He may not be my "property" but he sure as hell isn't her property.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
No its not easy to say at all. Its worrying in fact.
I wonder why is % of vaxxinated from your branch so low then? But no worries, Im sure they will post some cool dance from hospital loby on tic toc
the low vaccination rate may have been low initially but it’s very high now.

- - - Updated - - -

That must really suck indeed, I can only imagine. Where are you from (like what's the covid situation there)?
Dallas, Texas

- - - Updated - - -

Situation is bleak

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11,311
    I don’t understand people who are anti-mask, anti everything. They say you can still get the infection if you wear a mask or get the vaccine etc.
    True.

Think about a car: you have crumple zones, seat belts, ABS, automatic braking etc etc. Yes you can still die or be seriously harmed despite these safety features. But would you prefer to drive a 1950's car with none of these features?
    Or how about having a gun. The bad guy can still kill you even if you have the best gun available. So maybe, we should get rid of guns then?

Its all about reducing the risks. Eventually, something is going to get us but that doesn’t mean that we have to be stupid.
    Can’t wait for all the anti-maskers to protest covering your face when you sneeze.

- - - Updated - - -

the low vaccination rate may have been low initially but it’s very high now.

- - - Updated - - -

Dallas, Texas

- - - Updated - - -

Situation is bleak
    Deep Ellum was off the chain when I was there a couple weeks ago.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    :agree:

The vaccine has been available to everyone for months, if you chose not to get it, too fucking bad at this point if you’re one of the unlucky ones who has died. I don’t care if they issue a mask mandate. Only complete babies get butthurt about wearing a mask. Everyone in the trades wears full N95 dust masks while working all the time, even the hot, humid, dusty summer days.

But absolutely no lockdowns should be happening at this point. Ridiculous that it’s being contemplated.
    I’m currently stuck in one in Sydney due to our federal governments horrendously fucked up vaccine rollout :lol:

I’m currently not allowed to:

a) leave my local government area unless I’m an “authorised worker” (I am luckily)
    b) not visit anyone
    c) be further than 5km radius from my house when leaving my home for exercise or to buy essential items
    d) all non-essential businesses are currently closed
    e) most essential businesses that are open are only open for “click and collect” or delivery
    f) no construction work allowed in the 8 affected LGAs and no construction workers from those LGAs are allowed to go to work
    g) mask mandate which requires a mask on at all times when outside your house. Fine has gone up from $200 to $500
    h)army on the streets checking peoples IDs to make sure they aren’t more than 5km from their home and door knocking to make sure people that are self isolating are doing so

And they’ll probably bring in a curfew soon as the case numbers keep rising :lol:

Who knows how long I’ll be in lockdown for. But I think this will be our last lockdown as the appetite for them now has been several eroded after these past 6 weeks. We have a plan to immediately stop all lockdowns and most restrictions once we reach a minimum of 70% fully vaccinated.

We are currently at about 20% :lol: We be fucked.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    I’m currently stuck in one in Sydney due to our federal governments horrendously fucked up vaccine rollout :lol:

I currently can’t

a) leave my local government area unless I’m an “authorised worker” (I am luckily)
    b) not visit anyone
    c) be further than 5km radius from my house when leaving my home for exercise or to buy essential items
    e) most essential businesses that are open are only open for “click and collect” or delivery
    f) no construction work allowed in the 8 affected LGAs and no construction workers from those LGAs are allowed to go to work
    g) army on the streets checking peoples IDs to make sure they aren’t more than 5km from and door knocking to make sure people that are self isolating are doing so

And they’ll probably bring in a curfew soon as the case numbers keep rising :lol:

Who knows how long I’ll be in lockdown for. But I think this will be our last lockdown as the appetite for them now has been several eroded after these past 6 weeks. We have a plan to immediately stop all lockdowns and most restrictions once we reach a minimum of 70% fully vaccinated.

Wait, what? You can’t go further than 5km for exercise or essential services? The army is deployed to check on such things and knock on doors to make sure people stay home? And all construction work is shut down? Wat the fuck. That’s an obscene lockdown to be happening 18 months into this. Damn

Even in the worst hit parts here, construction was always considered essential and never shut down, in fact there was a massive building boom across majority of Canada during Covid :lol2:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Wait, what? You can’t go further than 5km for exercise or essential services? The army is deployed to check on such things and knock on doors to make sure people stay home? And all construction work is shut down? Wat the fuck. That’s an obscene lockdown to be happening 18 months into this. Damn

Even in the worst hit parts here, construction was always considered essential and never shut down, in fact there was a massive building boom across majority of Canada during Covid :lol2:
    It’s all true :lol:

The construction industry is only opening up partially from next Monday. But for about half of the city, the construction industry will remain closed. Have a look at this

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/affected-area

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    It’s all true :lol:

The construction industry is only opening up partially from next Monday. But for about half of the city, the construction industry will remain closed. Have a look at this

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/affected-area
    How the heck can they justify all that. Your numbers and death toll haven’t even been bad. 34k cases and ~900 deaths in the entire pandemic. That’s insane lol You have my sympathies. Hopefully that shit ends soon.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007

I’m currently not allowed to:

b) not visit anyone
    g) mask mandate which requires a mask on at all times when outside your house. Fine has gone up from $200 to $500
    h)army on the streets checking peoples IDs to make sure they aren’t more than 5km from their home and door knocking to make sure people that are self isolating are doing so

Sorry to hear you're going through that shit. However, I expect similar things to happen in plenty of countries in the near future. Not even surprised much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)